Homecoming Spider-Man Homecoming (2017) General Discussion - - - - - - - - Part 85

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea why she posted that pic lol.

New thread!!

Maybe she's trolling fans.

But what if MJ isn't a real girl in this movie but an idealised image that Peter and Barbieri feed into a computer while wearing bras on their heads?

After all, RDJ is in this movie too. They just need a Barbie doll.

We are in dire need of some kind of briefing on their roles

http://forums.superherohype.com/showpost.php?p=33868681&postcount=960

They were actually further on with Sinister Six than they were with Venom, even going as far as to have Drew Goddard on board (hence his rocky relationship with Marvel nowdays) but I'm pretty sure it's on hold right now. Definitely don't think it's cancelled, though.

Obviously Homecoming wouldn't be regarding anything for Sinister Six, but I wouldn't be surprised if some cast members for this film are key members (most likely pre-supervillain) of the Six in case they ever wanna tackle it with Marvel giving it the okay in the future. I'm sure the majority around here would be much more accepting of it if it was more of a natural progression as opposed to a game of catch-up.

Besides, Marvel can do no wrong. :o :oldrazz:

Oh, and I once again don't believe Zendaya is Liz nor Sally. Liz and Sally? Popular. Zendaya's character? Seemingly not. Sure they could change that, but it'd be unnecessary.

I'm just calling her Michele until confirmed otherwise.

I hope Bokeem isn't reduced to playing simply a teacher. I hope he's Robbie Robertson or Tombstone or somebody big in the Spider-Man universe. With his stint on "Fargo: Season 2" it would be a shame if IMO if he's only given a few lines and then disappears.

Same goes for some of the others cast --- the adults I mean. I hope there will be some longevity with their roles as these new films progress. The kids--- I think some will go on throughout the films but others this will be a stepping stone to a start to hopefully a bright acting future for them but probably will just be background players or have a few lines and like I said disappear.

I got a feeling that both Robbie & Randy are going to be in this movie.

Definitely hope Starr and Glover stick around. I can imagine Keaton being a one-and-done, though.

I'm really liking the idea of Peter having a social group with Zendaya, Michael, Abraham and Isabella's respective characters, too.

I don't think we have to worry about a Spidey 3 or Amazing 2 scenario that will overcrowd the film with villains.
I think we're likely just getting an intro into many characters that will just be peripheral and background for now and will come to the forefront later on in the film series. I really like that slow-burn idea.
The only down side to it is that if this director doesn't stick around for future films, then whoever comes to replace him is stuck with almost an entire cast that was decided for them and they'd have no say.

I don't think we have to worry about a Spidey 3 or Amazing 2 scenario that will overcrowd the film with villains.
I think we're likely just getting an intro into many characters that will just be peripheral and background for now and will come to the forefront later on in the film series. I really like that slow-burn idea.

:up: That's what I was trying to get at earlier. :oldrazz:

The only down side to it is that if this director doesn't stick around for future films, then whoever comes to replace him is stuck with almost an entire cast that was decided for them and they'd have no say.

Feige is always the head-honcho anyway and will just tell whatever director, "Tell the story you want but just hit these beats" and that's the guideline he's given just about every director thus far. I'm sure it'd be no issue.

I'm sure Watts is going to direct the next one unless he drops out. I mentioned a long time ago that Marvel tries to keep their directors around, and the reason why different directors direct the sequel is because the former drops out, not because Marvel replaces them.

tumblr_o98b2oOln41r5fenlo1_500.jpg

:yay: It's been a year already

CFbo5lMWIAIS0CV.jpg:small

Before he got announced, I tweeted that pic to Marvel & Sony sooo many times.

Feige is always the head-honcho anyway and will just tell whatever director, "Tell the story you want but just hit these beats" and that's the guideline he's given just about every director thus far. I'm sure it'd be no issue.

Plot points yes. But I don't think Feige is quite the dictator a lot of us think he is. He does give his directors some freedom. There is a collaboration.

But I was talking more about casting decisions than plot and story details. Usually directors are allowed the final say, or at least are included as part of the conversation on which actors get a role in their movie. When they come in on an already established series obviously they can't pic the lead, but they are allowed casting choices on villains and other important characters. This is where i think the upfront intro to characters and slow-burn to their development might have the semblance of a flaw.
Frankly, for me, it's worth it. But if this director does not stick around it's one detail that might make the project less palatable to quality directing talent to sign up for the sequels.

Tom Rothman talks about how much Sony is involved with the film.

Who has greenlight authority?

Sony has the ultimate authority. But we have deferred the creative lead to Marvel, because they know what they’re doing. We start shooting the new Spider-Man in Atlanta [in mid-June].

Do you want to trim the costs of that franchise?

I don’t want to trim costs. I want to make money. And sometimes you make money by trimming costs and sometimes by investing in things that are profitable. A movie like Spider-Man by Marvel, that’s not inexpensive. But it’s a great investment. Knowing that Marvel has such a clear, creative vision, I sleep very well at night.

Exactly one year since the announcement... Sounds like a good time for a press release. :cwink:

"I want to make money" well at least he's honest :oldrazz:

Exactly one year since the announcement... Sounds like a good time for a press release.
Right?

So I have no idea who's playing, but that's a nice manip!
tumblr_o98c5cfdSk1r5fenlo1_400.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"