Spider-Man Homecoming (2017) General Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 86

Discussion in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' started by Thread Manager, Jun 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ernesth100 The Writing Avenger

You're kidding right? My 16 year old friend looks 12. I know a 6"0 ft 17 year old with a bear. Teenagers and people come in all shapes and sizes.

2. Neno_Kos Registered

I am 25. And people say I look 18. At this day you really can't say how old someone is just from the look.

3. harryoscop Registered

While that's true, that people do come in all shapes and sizes, most students when you go to any High-school are going to look 'young' as what people who haven't been around teens would perceive as 10/12 year-olds, and most High-school graduates are not going to look like this:
    [​IMG]

Tom & the rest of this cast are A LOT closer to how MOST teenagers look.

#953 harryoscop, Jul 9, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2016
  4. PeterBenParker Wallopin' Websnappers!

I've never seen a grudge this bad.

5. harryoscop Registered

[​IMG]

6. theinfernoman That guy

You know a guy with a pet bear? That's awesome! :oldrazz:

7. Mike Murdock Registered

She's 15. The fact that she's four years younger than Holland isn't a small deal, but is less of a deal than the fact that there are legal issues right now if they were to kiss on screen. Next movie might be different, but that depends on when they film the next movie. She'd have to be 18 during filming (so that movie couldn't be released until 2020 at the earliest). Possible, but absolutely problematic.

8. NotSoLongAgo #spidermansolit

Is that illegal? I mean it's not sex.. Thing is, I think neither tom or angourie would find it too weird since age of consent is 16 in the UK and Australia. But they're filming here so i dunno. weird situation

9. Scarlet Spider Registered

I just don't think these late minute casting additions will amount to anything but small, peripheral roles.

Laura Harrier and Zendaya are the female leads and even in Zendaya's case, she has a small (but key role), setting her up for future films. They screen tested actresses for weeks (opposite Holland), for whomever Zendaya is playing because even though it's a small role, It's supposedly someone very important to the franchise going forward.

Same with Woodley on the last film. She only worked three days on the last film but because of the importance of her role, she was the very first person cast and was cast months before filming started because of the importance of the role.

It is fun speculating about all of this, though...

10. SuperSpidey17 Greatness awaits.

I legitimately thought you were older than that, Harry xD In my head I had this image of a mid-thirties or something dude, not a teenager. Whaddya know.

11. harryoscop Registered

Hmm, wouldn't that only be an issue if they actually had sex on screen?
    :lmao: What??

12. Mike Murdock Registered

No, just kissing on screen could be a crime (it would be one in this state). They'd never actually have sex (since movie actors don't tend to have sex with each other as part of their jobs) and even simulated sex seems unlikely in a Marvel movie.

13. flickchick85 Admin of Might

I don't expect her to be a love interest in this. That would be awkward/problematic as you say (though I distinctly remember Colin Farrell and Christian Bale kissing the underage Q'orianka Kilcher in The New World, so I'm not so sure about the illegality of it. Pretty sure it's fine with parental consent). That said, this is Hollywood, so I wouldn't rule out her being intended as a future love interest.

#963 flickchick85, Jul 10, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
  14. ernesth100 The Writing Avenger

.....i just wanna cast list :'(

15. X Knight Straight Edge

me too.

16. Poppy Registered

Lol Same!

17. Oscorp Registered

Angourie looks like a comic accurate Gwen and she's apparently a very good young actress. She doesn't look like 10 like certain actors who were rumoured as Peter (that certain people had no problem liking for the role). She and Peter probably won't have a relationship until later down the road, which means not until she's older. The age difference between her and Tom isn't too noticeable.

I have a feeling certain people don't want her as Gwen because they or he don't want comic accurate Gwen as that's not hip and cool enough for them :p

18. Flint Marko Bring me Thanos (P)

She looks a lot like Gwen. I really hope that's who she's playing.
    Also, she looks the same age as Tom Holland. I understand there's a 5 year difference, but Holland looks very young.

19. gremleytel Registered

Holland could easily pass for a 15 year old so I have no problem believing this actress could be playing Gwen though there likely will be no romance until further down the line.

20. Flint Marko Bring me Thanos (P)

Yup. When I saw Civil War with my girlfriend she said "Spider-man's so cute, I like how he's a little boy now" and her mind was blown when I said he's only three years younger than her.

21. ernesth100 The Writing Avenger

.......gettin real tired of not havin that cast list Marvel.

22. Havok83 Registered

It's kissing and work related. It's not illegal and as mentioned there are examples of that where it's happened. Her age is a nonissue

23. GENERAL RAAM582 A Rebellion Built on Hope

Comic-Con, Comic-Con, Comic-Con...

*continues chant*

24. ernesth100 The Writing Avenger

Its soooo far awaaaaaaay! July 22nd! UGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!q

Imagine it came and all they gave us was a Spidey teaser with no clear reveal on who is who. And still no cast list? Like the teaser is just a thig caught in Spideys web and it ends there. Nothing else. How mad would that make yall? I'd frikin die at first then be beyond pissed.

25. Oscorp Registered

Anyways, I'm very happy with the actors and actresses we have so far as long as they're appropriately cast. For example that 14 year old kid as Flash, or anyone I can think of from the comics, would be completely wrong, but he might be fine for some other character such as an original one.

Right now I'm most excited to see who Bokeem is playing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.