Spider-Man Homecoming (2017) General Discussion - - - - - - - - - Part 86

Discussion in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' started by Thread Manager, Jun 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chamber-music Infinity Ammo

The Spidey Breakfast Club.

2. harryoscop Registered

Would you rather Barbieri or Revolori as Flash?

:up: :up: Oh, wait, people won't see the movie if Emma ain't Gwen... They probably won't even see it if she's not in, period. :csad: :o

Haha, that's awesome!

#977 harryoscop, Jul 10, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2016
  3. Oscorp Registered

I see none of them as Flash, Barbieri the least.

I don't know if Emma is any reason of that. I think some people want every character to in one way or another break a norm no matter how much that deviates from the source material (such as how these same kind of people want Peter to be gay or Miles to replace Peter from the get go) and in their eyes Gwen isn't good enough for that agenda.

Some people seem to want to put their spin on things so much that it's questionable to even call it the same name as the source material. Rant over.

4. Spider-Gnome Walloping Web-Snappers!

It's like the people saying Zendaya is obviously MJ and then saying no way Angourie can be Gwen...

5. Village_Idiot Captain of Industry

I'm still most excited to see who Michael Keaton is playing , because I still think he's going to be Norman Osborn , and Oscorp is about to become a huge player in the entire MCU

And I believe that leaves Michael Mando as the Vulture

6. Spider-Gnome Walloping Web-Snappers!

The thing about Keaton being Norman is he'd probably be great, but he's older than Bryan Cranston who is my personal pick for Norman, and everyone tells me he's too old.

7. Dr. Evil Registered

Anyone think that they are delaying who's playing who until Comic-Con?

8. Village_Idiot Captain of Industry

I don't think we'll hear anything before Comic-Con

9. SpideyJJ Registered

Comic con feels sooooooo far away lol, it'd be hilarious if there's no Spidey news at it

10. Village_Idiot Captain of Industry

I know there is the age thing , seeing how Norman is going to have a 15 year old son in High School

But it can still easily work , Harry was an oops baby

I'm guessing most all their casting is now done , at least for any major character

And Michael Keaton is the only "A" list actor on that entire list , and I'm guessing he signed a multiple picture contract

11. Oscorp Registered

Haha exactly!

Though I'd be perfectly fine with Zendaya as MJ before the set pics, now I'd be very disappointed if she's MJ given the look they've given her.

Flash isn't a scrawny wannabe tough geek and shouldn't be. It's not 'less fitting in modern times' to have him be a geek. Big football players exist and they can be bullies (and friends with people like Peter) so there is really no point at all in turning him into something entirely else.

I think and hope Michael is Vulture. I also think both he and Bryan might be a bit too old for Norman, no matter how awesome they both are

12. Village_Idiot Captain of Industry

Unless their really overhauling the Vultures story

I'm still having a hard time believing Michael Keaton will be playing the Vulture ,

Don't get me wrong , I think Keaton would make a great Vulture and I'm fine with it if that be the case

But Keaton's on again , off again , on again talks with Marvel leads me to believe that it's a multi picture contract , so unless the Vulture is going to be in the next 2 or 3 Spider-man movies

My money is still on Norman Osborn , and he's about to give Tony Stark a run for his money , the real reason why Robert Downey Jr is in this movie

Michael Keaton vs Robert Downey Jr

13. harryoscop Registered

No he can't, dude. Look, I love Keaton, one of the best actors in the business, but by the time they get to Green Goblin, Keaton will be pushing 70. That's too old. it's older than Bryan Cranston who would've been an amazing choice for the role. Vulture has been reported by multiple sources, it makes the most sense.

14. PeterBenParker Wallopin' Websnappers!

I'm sorry, but even if it was Michael Keaton or Bryan Cranston (who would've been excellent choices sometime ago) in the role, I do not want a potential Green Goblin played by an actor in his 60s.

I thought the whole purpose of this new deal was to have Spider-Man be part of a larger, ongoing saga aka the MCU. Why limit themselves with older actors when they don't really have to? This isn't going to be a few films, wrap-up (or get scrapped i.e. Spider-Man 4 and TASM3), and ANOTHER reboot (unless it flops, which I'm sure the suit-and-ties at Marvel Studios will prevent from happening).

There's a reason they cast so young for Peter Parker and Aunt May (which, despite being 51, can pass for 40s) and it's because of said reason why this will likely effect the rest of Peter Parker's world.

15. Spider-man95 *Thwip*

I'm having a hard time seeing that in my head. I guess he'd be in old man make-up. I kinda thought Mando seemed more like Shocker, Mac Gargan or perhaps even Ned Leeds.

16. Spider-Gnome Walloping Web-Snappers!

Honestly, around the time the rumors started about Spidey coming to the MCU, I had just finished watching Breaking Bad for the first time on Netflix. I thought between his look and his acting, he would be perfect for an MCU Norman. My vision had him in his early 50's, ignoring the fact he just turned 60. He still looks good for his age.

17. Village_Idiot Captain of Industry

I know I'm in the minority here , and that's fine , this guessing stuff is mostly just for fun anyways , and if I'm wrong , it's not going to ruin my day

The age thing , it's Hollywood , they can make them any age they want

Rumors were Michael Keaton was going to be in Spider-man , and the Villain is going to be Vulture ,other then that , people could be jumping to conclusions

Unless there is a yet unknown actor who hasn't been announced yet , there is no other actor on this cast list worthy of Norman Osborn

So I'm guessing it's either it is Keaton , or there is just not going to be a Norman Osborn in the movie at all

again , just a guess , just for fun

18. Shikamaru Registered

IMO, Cranston would be much more suited for Doc Ock than GG. If we go by Breaking Bad, both Otto and Walter have a lot more in common than Walter and Norman do. Not that I would be against him as Norman though.

19. Michael Frost Frozen Still

The thing that makes me believe in Keaton as Vulture is that they might be going with the whole rejuvenating angle so having an actor in between the two spectrums of age would work best to them either make him look a bit older/younger using CGI and make-up.

20. harryoscop Registered

No we weren't, Joblo themselves said 'Keaton was in fact in talks for the Vulture'

That's a gimmick better left in the past, it really shouldn't be in this movie imo.

21. TheWallCrawler hero or a menace?

I dunno, there's something really goofy about the idea of Cranston as a super-villain in a Spider-man movie, especially if he was the Goblin, that would be unbelievably hammy (I'm saying that as a fan of Cranston and Breaking Bad, seen all episodes). but if he was cast, I'd also rather have him as Doc Ock

22. Shikamaru Registered

Cranston can play both "scary" and "goofy" well, so I'm not too concerned about that. The reason I see him more as Ock is because Ock and Walter have very similar character arcs. Middle aged nerdy man, pushover to everyone around him, desires to be something greater than he is, gets cancer/superpowers and goes full villain. Ock also has a much bigger ego than Norman does. He's the type of guy to enact the "say my name" scene, like Walter.

23. Oscorp Registered

About Vulture stealing youth, I've always disliked that idea for him. It's over the top for a character who already has potential to be unique and interesting. Besides, that idea has already been done with Silver Samurai.

24. SoNicRaDiATioN Registered

Everything has been done under the sun.

25. Oscorp Registered

It's a very specific idea that's been done pretty recently though. Also, it doesn't bring anything interesting to Vulture.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.