Homecoming Spider-Man Homecoming (2017) General Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 90

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ben obviously existed, but it just wasn't addressed. I'm sure it could be addressed in a conversation between Peter/May or Peter/Tony but I still doubt he's been cast and/or is actually in the movie.

If it was me:

The film opens with Peter (pre-spider bite) in his room packing away a mess of comics he has on his floor and putting 'em under his bed while he has the news blaring of The Avengers saving the day or whatever. Ben knocks on his door and they have a little conversation about heroes and Ben can say something meaningful. Then as the two are happily/jokingly (especially if Ben is anything like the Ultimate comics) conversing, we can see a trickle of blood begin to run from Ben's mouth with Peter's eyes going wide as Ben suddenly collapses. Peter rushes over to him and we see the scene change from Peter's room to a street with the light shining on Peter holding Ben's head in his hands as he suddenly wakes up with a jolt in a cold sweat.

Aunt May comes into his room and asks him what's wrong and then asks if he had the dream again to which he tearfully nods. She hugs him as he tells her he misses him and how he still doesn't know what to do without him and she comforts him before stating he really needs to get some sleep as it's a school night or whatever. Final bit of the opening shows a picture frame of the Parkers at a much happier time.

From Sony Pictures, a Marvel Studios production: Spider-Man: Homecoming
Definitely a bit dark but Spider-Man is a character made up of many things and one of 'em is obviously tragedy.

They definitely shouldn't shy from that just because we've seen tragic elements in previous films.

Do you want all the kids who watch the movie to have nightmares?!? :oldrazz:

That'd be a pretty cool way of starting it

Ben obviously existed, but it just wasn't addressed. I'm sure it could be addressed in a conversation between Peter/May or Peter/Tony but I still doubt he's been cast and/or is actually in the movie.

If it was me:

The film opens with Peter (pre-spider bite) in his room packing away a mess of comics he has on his floor and putting 'em under his bed while he has the news blaring of The Avengers saving the day or whatever. Ben knocks on his door and they have a little conversation about heroes and Ben can say something meaningful. Then as the two are happily/jokingly (especially if Ben is anything like the Ultimate comics) conversing, we can see a trickle of blood begin to run from Ben's mouth with Peter's eyes going wide as Ben suddenly collapses. Peter rushes over to him and we see the scene change from Peter's room to a street with the light shining on Peter holding Ben's head in his hands as he suddenly wakes up with a jolt in a cold sweat.

Aunt May comes into his room and asks him what's wrong and then asks if he had the dream again to which he tearfully nods. She hugs him as he tells her he misses him and how he still doesn't know what to do without him and she comforts him before stating he really needs to get some sleep as it's a school night or whatever. Final bit of the opening shows a picture frame of the Parkers at a much happier time.

Definitely a bit dark but Spider-Man is a character made up of many things and one of 'em is obviously tragedy.

They definitely shouldn't shy from that just because we've seen tragic elements in previous films.

They could have Uncle Ben sitting by Peter's bed and then just as Peter goes to hug him, and alien symbiote bursts through his chest and blood spurts everywhere. Then a dark shadowy force engulfs Peter. Aunt May rushes in to see what has happened but Peter calmly says everything is fine. May is about to leave when she sees the broken body of Uncle Ben and screams, and then Peter's face turns into Venom's and a tongue lashes out at May and into her mouth.

Then it cuts to the title "Spider-Man: Homecoming."

Opening could be Peter swinging through the city. He lands in an alley and says woo-hoo! Then a metal talon flies through his head and after he falls to the ground we see Vulture.

What if we saw a recreation of this at some point in this series:
masterplanner3.jpg

panel2.JPG

That to me, is one the most powerful images in the lore because of the circumstances of what is happening here.
Damn, It dawned on me that this Spidey starting out so young, inexperienced, we could really see him face trial and tragedy in a way that the other Spideys couldn't because of how naive he is. I imagine that this Spidey is going to be pushed to his physical and mental limits in this series as he matures. :wow:

Opening could be Peter swinging through the city. He lands in an alley and says woo-hoo! Then a metal talon flies through his head and after he falls to the ground we see Vulture.

How about the opening being that Spidey discovers that Stark has given his webbing an extra thick and steel-like feel. So he spins a few around the city and then swings but forgets its there, and it's like a metal wire which beheads him. Then as his head falls to the ground, Iron Man flies by and says "whoops, i made it too strong."

How about the opening being that Spidey discovers that Stark has given his webbing an extra thick and steel-like feel. So he spins a few around the city and then swings but forgets its there, and it's like a metal wire which beheads him. Then as his head falls to the ground, Iron Man flies by and says "whoops, i made it too strong."

Peter comes through the door of his apartment after getting back from the airport battle in Civil War. He sees furniture is thrown everywhere and it looks like there is a struggle. He finally finds Aunt May in the kitchen bleeding to the death.

Then it cuts to the title "Spider-Man: Homecoming.

Peter comes back home from the Airport to find Miles on his bed wearing the same clothes he's wearing and reenacting the post-credits scene from CW. Confused, Peter enters the Kitchen to find cooked green sunny side eggs & ham. Peter goes back to his room only to pass through the wall like a spectral aberration.

Cuts to title: Spider-Man: Homecoming

Peter comes back home from the Airport to find Miles on his bed wearing the same clothes he's wearing and reenacting the post-credits scene from CW. Confused, Peter enters the Kitchen to find cooked green sunny side eggs & ham. Peter goes back to his room only to pass through the wall like a spectral aberration.

Cuts to title: Spider-Man: Homecoming

You forgot to add where he realises he's dead and says "I don't want this to happen but I think it has." :o

Are we envisioning Zack Snyder's spider-man again?

Maybe Wes Craven's Spider-Man. Or Stephen King's Spider-Man.

I have many times and it's more sad than dark at least for me.
What about the intro of Iron Man 1? or the Starks massacre (Civil War) or other countless dark moments in the MCU?

What about the intro of Iron Man 1? or the Starks massacre (Civil War) or other countless dark moments in the MCU?

It was a sad moment because it wasn't Dominic Cooper anymore. :o

It was a sad moment because it wasn't Dominic Cooper anymore. :o
Yeah, lol. Why'd they bring back the guy from IM2? I loved Cooper in TFA. Plus he looks way more like RDJ than John Slattery.

I don't know i just didn't find them dark at least imo.

Yeah, lol. Why'd they bring back the guy from IM2? I loved Cooper in TFA. Plus he looks way more like RDJ than John Slattery.

He was in Ant-Man as well, but his casting in IM2 was before they had made Howard Stark a major character like in TFA and Agent Carter. He was just seen in old footage. Once they cast Cooper, they should've stuck with him and made him the official Howard Stark in all versions, old or young. Slattery doesn't even look anything like Cooper.

They morphed the two for Age of Ultron

6dBKZ8T.jpg

If it was me:

Sounds good to me!

If it was me:

That's actually not bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back