Homecoming Spider-Man Homecoming (2017) General Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 92

Status
Not open for further replies.
No need to take any negative reception to the film thus far so personally.

Damn if Jameson isn't in this then that would mean 3 movies in a row without Jameson. We haven't seen J.Jonah Jameson on the big screen since 2007....it'll be over 10 years by the time we get to the sequel!

That would suck. We need more Jameson like he needs PICTURES OF SPIDER-MAAAAAAN! :o

I personally see this take as melding a version of Ultimate MJ with classic 616. I'm giving Marvel the benefit of the doubt here, and seeing what they come up with. Zendaya is a potentially great choice for the role, man.

Exactly. Zendaya has potential to really do well in the classic MJ role, assuming we get that eventually--and I feel like we will.

But....neither Ultimate or 616 were dry and awkward? Ultimate was more nerdy but she wasn't dry or awkward.

a version

It will never be an exact translation. Not saying this will be good, just saying the people expecting 616 MJ exactly as she was in the 60s are going too far.

Zendaya:-Prince-and-Jacob-Photoshoot-2015--05-662x883.jpg

This pic right here screams classic MJ to me.

Right, which isn't Mary Jane's character.

Her 616 character, again, totally separate from this movie.

Do we know for sure that she looks like that for more than one scene in the movie? Is there a chance just one day she had a bad night (parents fighting maybe) so she didn't sleep and just rolled out of bed and went to school for example?

Good point!! We have absolutely NO IDEA.

except, that's not really MJ. that's like a different character.

Because this is meant to be a different character from 616 MJ. Though I agree, hopefully by the end of the film she's not too different.

So yeah, we're getting sexy Z, it'll be part of her arc in the movie. I think when Peter loses on Liz to Flash for Homecoming and is feeling bummed, BAM, Mary Jane shows up, looking gorgeous and says the iconic line.

Could easily see this happening, not my favorite idea but I wouldn't be torn out of frame about it. Can't speak for everyone else though obviously.

Oh, and I like how Mayimbe goes on about this being a surprise at the end of the film, when he ******* SPOILED said surprise!!! Yeah!! Great Job Mayimbe!!

Seriously, what a dukee. lol

Adaptation.......... they use what they want from any universe & alter things this is not new for comic book films lol bad place MJ in 2016 in the comics is nothing like her classic introduction

:up:

Homecoming seems to be more babyish, a movie for kids whereas trilogy Raimi and duology Amazing were more for teens and adults public. However music and soundtracks from trilogy McGuire are the best , anthological !!

MCU Spiderman will never excel Raimi's films composed by Danny Elfmann

Umm... that first paragraph is super DC-fanboyish. It's going to be more centered around youth, there is absolutely NOTHING to indicate it will be "babyish". If we've had a very childlike Spider-Man movie yet, it certainly was TASM2 right? Marvel isn't going to make something adults can't enjoy, trust me.

You're right about the score though. Every MCU score has totally underwhelmed me outside of maybe Avengers. (Iron Man 1 was awesome but total outlier. Don't know why they went super generic instead of brining Djwadi back.) You got me humming the Elfman main titles right now haha. :up:

No need to take any negative reception to the film thus far so personally.

It's not negative reception though. It's people working themselves into a tizzy over stuff that exists entirely in their head.

Release-wise what is the first MCU film coming out in 2017? Is it Homecoming or Guardians?

I can imagine a teaser for one of those attached to Strange but whichever one comes first.

Release-wise what is the first MCU film coming out in 2017? Is it Homecoming or Guardians?

I can imagine a teaser for one of those attached to Strange but whichever one comes first.

Guardians, I believe.

Yeah, it's Guardians. Feige said the teaser for that would be with Strange

GotG vol. 2 is first with it's (US) release date in May. Spider-Man: Homecoming is July. IMO, Guardians is the more likely of the two to have a trailer with Doctor Strange (going by the MCU's past trend/average of about 6 months before release date for the first trailer)

The unique deal with Sony, however, could change up whether S:H is marketed with the MCU's average timeframe or not.

You gotta take into account that Homecoming is being distributed and marketed by Sony, so it may not follow the usual MCU time frame. The first TASM trailer came out in July of 2011, if I remember correctly.

It's not negative reception though. It's people working themselves into a tizzy over stuff that exists entirely in their head.

Yet here you and others are anyway, coming in solely with the intention of saying a remark or correcting people. :funny:

"You're all going to see the film" when that's not even being discussed.

"You're all going to like it" which I think is just laughable.

Again, no need to take it personally. Ignore List helps with that stuff. :cwink:

Also, perspective is key. Civil War certainly didn't get me hyped for this new take but yet I've remained optimistic. Then we get the JoBlo report of Vulture/Tinkerer but also Tony Stark playing a mentor role, creating more do-hickeys for Peter that were typically made by Peter himself. Add in questionable decisions at least from casting choices and obviously you're going to have people be upset. Whether it's all in their head or not is debatable because set photos/various reports exist.

People want this for MJ:

latest

Yet we're getting this, thus far.

35932E0A00000578-3655784-Class_act_Zendaya_was_headed_back_to_high_school_as_she_continue-m-42_1466666980410.jpg

So naturally people on here are upset that they seem to be taking a different approach to the character that some have argued does not need it. I don't have an issue with it myself, mostly because I've been on board with the idea she's been MJ the moment she was first cast in the film, but I'm not going to say some remark to those who don't feel the same way I do. :cwink:

Again, no need to take it personally.

Don't worry, I'm not. I just find the continued reactions on here really hilarious a lot of the time. A few people mad about something on a message board isn't the same thing as the film having bad reception. (I will again point to the posts that kept trying to suggest Spider-Man wasn't well received in Civil War when the overwhelming response was positive. Message boards have a habit of being rather myopic with discussions).

Yet here you and others are anyway, coming in solely with the intention of saying a remark or correcting people. :funny:

"You're all going to like it" which I think is just laughable.

Again, no need to take it personally. Ignore List helps with that stuff. :cwink:

Also, perspective is key. Civil War certainly didn't get me hyped for this new take but yet I've remained optimistic. Then we get the JoBlo report of Vulture/Tinkerer but also Tony Stark playing a mentor role, creating more do-hickeys for Peter that were typically made by Peter himself. Add in questionable decisions at least from casting choices and obviously you're going to have people be upset. Whether it's all in their head or not is debatable because set photos/various reports exist.

People want this for MJ:

latest

Yet we're getting this, thus far.

35932E0A00000578-3655784-Class_act_Zendaya_was_headed_back_to_high_school_as_she_continue-m-42_1466666980410.jpg

So naturally people on here are upset that they seem to be taking a different approach to the character that some have argued does not need it. I don't have an issue with it myself, mostly because I've been on board with the idea she's been MJ the moment she was first cast in the film, but I'm not going to say some remark to those who don't feel the same way I do. :cwink:

well said, my friend. and I respect you for that, even though we may disagree on certain issues.

:highfive:

GotG vol. 2 is first with it's (US) release date in May. Spider-Man: Homecoming is July. IMO, Guardians is the more likely of the two to have a trailer with Doctor Strange (going by the MCU's past trend/average of about 6 months before release date for the first trailer)

Yeah, that's what I thought. Thanks for the info.

I was the one that said that, and yes, that was being discussed at the time.

Who is taking things personally? People are allowed to express their opinions, and others are allowed to respond.

Ehh, not really. These are things that have either been corroborated by multiple sources or confirmed by by people who are working on the film themselves. It's not all made up in ppl's minds, dude.

Ehh, not really.

The "Tony Stark will hijack the movie and make into Iron Man 4" stuff absolutely is, yes. And even then that seems to be from a small minority of posters.

Ehh, not really. These are things that have either been corroborated by multiple sources or confirmed by by people who are working on the film themselves. It's not all made up, dude.

exactly. it's not like we don't have tangible stuff to base our opinions on.

we have set pics, character descriptions from the actor/actress' own mouths, reactions to the CC footage, the CC conference where we get to see the actors on stage together, etc.

true, some stuff hasn't 100% been confirmed yet.

but it's not like those of us who are concerned are just basing our opinions on nothing - that we are just making up stuff in our minds.

The "Tony Stark will hijack the movie and make into Iron Man 4" stuff absolutely is, yes.
Look at some of things in the movie, like Mason being a Stark employee, Spidey's fanboism over Tony, him wearing the suit and tell me what kind of conclusion are we suppose to come to.
exactly. it's not like we don't have tangible stuff to base our opinions on.

we have set pics, character descriptions from the actor/actress' own mouths, reactions to the CC footage, the CC conference where we get to see the actors on stage together, etc.

true, some stuff hasn't 100% been confirmed yet.

but it's not like those of us who are concerned are just basing our opinions on nothing - that we are just making up stuff in our minds.

:up: Exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back