Homecoming Spider-Man Homecoming (2017) General Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 93

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously Tony Stark is taking Aunt May for a luxurious night out in Europe and is ending it with a romantic hotel room for 2 :o

They often do that with experienced/accredited actors.

Yep. Marisa gets the "with" credit and RDJ gets the "and" credit, which are the best credits to get other than star billing. SLJ always got the "and" credit whenever he appeared in a Marvel movie.

Yeah, RDJ would probably have an extended cameo anyway. I don't expect to see Stark all that much in the movie.

Donald Glover could be Miles Morales. There's nothing that says he can't be older than Peter and not a high school friend or anything like that. He could be an older man that Peter inspires - even a criminal that is inspired to go straight after encountering Spider-Man. It's not like changing his background is going to be inconsistent with the other changes in this movie.

They could even change his name to Miles Warren or Miles Teller if his last name sounds too Hispanic for Glover.

I gotta say I've never been so unexcited for a Spider-Man film until this one. Everything thats come out or has been leaked about his film feels off or just doesn't look right. The cast alone looks like one of the oddest casts for a Spidey film to date. I saw a meme with a group pic of the main cast that said they looked more like a cast for a Goonies remake than a Spider-Man film. And I couldn't help but laugh because well... its kinda true.

Hopefully my feelings change when the first trailer finally drops, but as it is now I am seriously underwhelmed. Really wishing we were getting TASM3 instead.

Last edited:
Really wishing we were getting TASM3 instead.

Hey, I realize I'm in the minority but I legitmately enjoyed both TASM films and I can't help but still want to see that series properly concluded

I realize the importance of having Spider-Man in the MCU, but theres just so much about this thing so far that feels so wrong. Frat boy Flash Thompson, obese Ned Leeds, non red head MJ, Peter being Stark's pet. As the list goes on the Webb series looks more faithful to the comics than Marvel's own film.

I know we still don't know a lot about this film, but so far I remain unconvinced.

Hey, I realize I'm in the minority but I legitmately enjoyed both TASM films and I can't help but still want to see that series properly concluded

I realize the importance of having Spider-Man in the MCU, but theres just so much about this thing so far that feels so wrong. Frat boy Flash Thompson, obese Ned Leeds, non red head MJ, Peter being Stark's pet. As the list goes on the Webb series looks more faithful to the comics than Marvel's own film.

I know we still don't know a lot about this film, but so far I remain unconvinced.

But...everything you're complaining about is speculation. We don't even know if MJ is in the film or not yet you've put that down as a complaint like it's official. We don't know if Peter will be "Stark's pet". We don't know if Flash isn't his usual self.

Just wait until OFFICIAL info comes out before making such claims.

Of course you're unconvinced, we don't even have a trailer yet... Lol.

Of course you're unconvinced, we don't even have a trailer yet... Lol.

Thats what I'm waiting for.

I've mostly stayed away from news about this film and this forum. But as a Spider-Man fan I can't help but look into it once in awhile. But yeah mostly just waiting for a trailer.

I agree about most of the things wrong that you've listed, but frat boy Flash Thompson is not an inaccurate description of the comic character. Nerdy science kid and intellectual rival Flash Thompson (which is what the movie version is), is what is wrong. Comic Flash is essentially a frat boy, except that he's in high school.

I agree about most of the things wrong that you've listed, but frat boy Flash Thompson is not an inaccurate description of the comic character. Nerdy science kid and intellectual rival Flash Thompson (which is what the movie version is), is what is wrong. Comic Flash is essentially a frat boy, except that he's in high school.
You're right lol. I guess what I really mean to say is that he doesn't look like a jock.

I have no problem with them creating a science lab rival for Peter Parker , I even actually like the idea

But why give him the name Flash Thompson , I mean , that is the total opposite of Flash Thompson

I mean , they went to the trouble of creating a new character , why not just create a new name for him as well

After Tasm2 I was done with that series the one thing I liked about it was Peter & Gwen relationship.After Gwen dies & we uncover the *untold story* about his parents lol it's like um.... welp

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"