Homecoming Spider-Man Homecoming (2017) General Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 94

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trailer with Rogue One seems likely to me. We should finally have some answers about this movie by the end of the year.

Oh right. Well I really hope she does.

I honestly do not think Zendaya is playing MJ anymore. I think she's playing a new unnamed female superhero or a reworking of a villain. Here's why.

SuperHero:

1. Zendaya's image. She plays a teen spy on a popular Disney show it's perfect to go with that same image. 2. She's biracial. Which equals cookies for Marvel. They can say they have a black female superhero! 3. It makes perfect sense to say "she's important later" on if she's playing a super powered girl 4. She's 20, 19 at the time of casting, she's young they can use her for years to come. 5. Fanbase/following. Casting Zendaya as a superhero in a Marvel film is a very good move from a business standpoint. She's on a popular beloved Disney with a huge fan base. The kids love her, imagine how many kids are gonna flock to this because they're fans? The parents will get dragged to this movie. Big box office draw. Not to mention out of the HS cast she's the most famous.
6. Again, her image. Zendaya is always going on about how she wants to be a positive role model for her fans and the little ones in her family. What better way to do that than to play a Marvel superhero?

Villian:

Now, based on my above statements regarding Zendaya's image this one isn't so plausible. But it's all in good fun.

1. The character in and of itself. Zendaya has described Michelle as awkward, bookish, and dry. A loner with an aloof attitude. She has also stated that she makes fun of people, especially Peter. We know from Comic Con footage as well. We also know her wardrobe is sorta frumpy and weird. Michelle is essentially Allison from Breakfast Club and Lindsay from Freaks and Geeks. It's safe to say this character is weird and aloof. Out of the entire HS crowd, this is the perfect character to set up to be a villain. Not to forget that she possibly likes Peter, she's not a love interest and Peter won't like her back. Even worse if she ends up as Peter's Homecoming date and he still rejects her. Who knows she might be related to a villain Spidey locks up. Further inciting her anger.....

This could be a spin on the Venom storyline or Harry as the Green Goblin. The sweet irony of a former classmate becoming an enemy of Spider-Man.

Just my two cents. :ilv:

Maybe Zendaya will be Shathra. :o

I honestly do not think Zendaya is playing MJ anymore. I think she's playing a new unnamed female superhero or a reworking of a villain. Here's why.

SuperHero:

1. Zendaya's image. She plays a teen spy on a popular Disney show it's perfect to go with that same image. 2. She's biracial. Which equals cookies for Marvel. They can say they have a black female superhero! 3. It makes perfect sense to say "she's important later" on if she's playing a super powered girl 4. She's 20, 19 at the time of casting, she's young they can use her for years to come. 5. Fanbase/following. Casting Zendaya as a superhero in a Marvel film is a very good move from a business standpoint. She's on a popular beloved Disney with a huge fan base. The kids love her, imagine how many kids are gonna flock to this because they're fans? The parents will get dragged to this movie. Big box office draw. Not to mention out of the HS cast she's the most famous.
6. Again, her image. Zendaya is always going on about how she wants to be a positive role model for her fans and the little ones in her family. What better way to do that than to play a Marvel superhero?

Villian:

Now, based on my above statements regarding Zendaya's image this one isn't so plausible. But it's all in good fun.

1. The character in and of itself. Zendaya has described Michelle as awkward, bookish, and dry. A loner with an aloof attitude. She has also stated that she makes fun of people, especially Peter. We know from Comic Con footage as well. We also know her wardrobe is sorta frumpy and weird. Michelle is essentially Allison from Breakfast Club and Lindsay from Freaks and Geeks. It's safe to say this character is weird and aloof. Out of the entire HS crowd, this is the perfect character to set up to be a villain. Not to forget that she possibly likes Peter, she's not a love interest and Peter won't like her back. Even worse if she ends up as Peter's Homecoming date and he still rejects her. Who knows she might be related to a villain Spidey locks up. Further inciting her anger.....

This could be a spin on the Venom storyline or Harry as the Green Goblin. The sweet irony of a former classmate becoming an enemy of Spider-Man.

Just my two cents. :ilv:

Personally, even though I love Mary Jane's character, I'm actually okay with them not using her right away. I think it actually works better when you introduce her a little bit later and have their relationship grow over time, rather than just introducing her right off the bat as the pre-destined love interest (which was one of the many mistakes the Raimi films made.)

So yeah, I'm fine with them waiting til the 2nd one to bring her in, but I'd just like to know that they will be using her. Still wondering if Zendaya might end up playing MJ's cousin though.

Nah, MJ can't be in ths trilogy, people are sick of the character even though the last movie she appeared in was over a decadde ago. People want a breath of fressh air. :o :whatever: Maybe the next trilogy in 2028. :o

What if Zendaya is Felicia Hardy/Black Cat and Michelle is an alias she goes by? And then when she's finally brought in

I'd actually be more fine with that then pulling a Hannah Montana with MJ.

Nah, MJ can't be in ths trilogy, people are sick of the character even though the last movie she appeared in was over a decadde ago. People want a breath of fressh air. :o :whatever: Maybe the next trilogy in 2028. :o

And she wasn't even properly realized in those movies.

So...it's probably nothing but um...Katherine McNamara is in New York

Ron-Paul_Its-Happening1.gif

Considering the fact that she's interested in the role, I'd say it's quite likely.

Aw man, I hope she's in new york due to Spider-man Homecoming! She'd make the best Mary Jane on film.

She went to see Hamilton, so that could be the only reason she's there but here's to hoping it's not!

If MJ is in this movie, she'll probably be introduced later on, maybe as Peter's date to the homecoming dance, which could explain that red-headed stunt-doubles dress in those photos.

Hopefully they've been looking at the spectacular spider-man cartoon as inspiration, especially since that show had some pretty strong Hughes vibes as well.

Personally, even though I love Mary Jane's character, I'm actually okay with them not using her right away. I think it actually works better when you introduce her a little bit later and have their relationship grow over time, rather than just introducing her right off the bat as the pre-destined love interest (which was one of the many mistakes the Raimi films made.)

So yeah, I'm fine with them waiting til the 2nd one to bring her in, but I'd just like to know that they will be using her. Still wondering if Zendaya might end up playing MJ's cousin though.

Same, that wasn't my point in my previous post though. I agree she doesn't need to be in Homecoming however, she needs to be in the franchise overall.

tumblr_oe1l5nAqDL1u08htgo1_250.gif

Nope, try the trilogy in 2035 since Marvel has movies planned through the 2020's!

Last edited:
So...it's probably nothing but um...Katherine McNamara is in New York

Ron-Paul_Its-Happening1.gif

:yuk:

Watch an episode of ShadowHunters or the movie Girl Vs Monster and come back to me. It's not always about how hot an actress is, guys. :whatever:

Besides, she went to see Hamilton and has NY listed as one of the locations on her twitter. Although, I gotta say usually when actors arrive on location for filming they do engage in activities around town. But I highly doubt it since the homecoming dance scenes were filmed already and the HS crown is wrapped. Unless MJ shows up in some other capacity.

Last edited:
True, that was my argument against her last year lol. I'd take her if it means we get MJ in the movie, though.

:yuk:

Watch an episode of ShadowHunters or the movie Girl Vs Monster and come back to me. It's not always about how hot an actress is, guys. :whatever:

Besides, she went to see Hamilton and has NY listed as one of the locations on her twitter. Although, I gotta say usually when actors arrive on location for filming they do engage in activities around town. But I highly doubt it since the homecoming dance scenes were filmed already and the HS crown is wrapped. Unless MJ shows up in some other capacity.

The show films in Canada...Not NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"