Homecoming Spider-Man Homecoming (2017) General Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 95

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is this punching thing such a big deal? He's most famous for webbing up his victims and exploiting their weaknesses. When they throw a punch he makes them hit something else. He's an evasive hero, he doesn't need to knock everyone out. He doesn't want to hurt anyone, he's not a brutal hero. Brain over brawn, always. It's one of the best parts of Spidey. It's sad to see not everyone shares my thoughts on this, never knew this was such an issue.

Why is this punching thing such a big deal? He's most famous for webbing up his victims and exploiting their weaknesses. When they throw a punch he makes them hit something else. He's an evasive hero, he doesn't need to knock everyone out. He doesn't want to hurt anyone, he's not a brutal hero. Brain over brawn, always. It's one of the best parts of Spidey. It's sad to see not everyone shares my thoughts on this, never knew this was such an issue.
Oh, I definitively share your thoughts. Some of Spidey's most impressive solutions came from him using his brain/intelligence to come up with ways to stop his villains (Sandman, Venom, Carnage, Ock, Electro to name a few P.S. Spidey still used offensive tactics against them, which included him punching them) However, I don't think that's being the case here.

Yeah, same. I just read comments on here, and this topic has been brought numerous times up, don't know why.
I mean, Spidey usually throws his web at something and with it, he hits the villains.
I mean, yeah. If it's some close combat and he runs out of webs, I mean sure he will punch someone.

It's not an issue. And everyone does share your thoughts. Well almost everyone.

Yes, Betty Brant (although, it's now Brandt for some reason? IDK) is in the movie along with Ned Leeds. Both of them are prominent figures of the Bugle in the comics. It's going to be pretty disappointing if we don't see JJ

Funny enough, it's always pissed me off big time in the Spider-Man 2002 special features DVD they spelled Betty Brant wrong (Brandt). They didn't even correct it for the Blu Ray release (they didn't change anything at all though to be honest. Sony sucks).

We may not get JJ in this film, but I think we have a higher chance of seeing him in this series than we did TASM.

I think there's still a slight chance that he will be in the movie, but IDK.

I could easily see a mid-credits JJJ scene.

Good luck with that. I don't have that will power, I see that thumbnail and I can't help myself. I do kind of miss those days when trailers were a surprise. I remember seeing a teaser for the first Spider-man film going "wait, what!?" and just sitting in that theater stunned.

I don't have willpower strong enough to avoid the trailer either. Would I like it better had I not seen the trailer going in? Possibly, but there's no way I'm gonna find out lol :woot:

LMG as Otto confirmed. :o

:lmao:

Didn't Marvel delay 2 or 3 of their movies just to fit Spider-Man in? He's not being treated like a second class character like Armin is saying.

Anyone saying otherwise is just asinine. :whatever:

Michael Shannon does his own thing and I respect that. Not every actor wants to be in a Marvel or Star Wars movie.

Yeah, he was in such classics as MOS and BvS...:whatever:

Spidey punched his enemies as a teenager in the comics. Literally, every version of teen Spidey has done so.

bHP6D.jpg

Hell, he even punched Flash lol (knocked him out later in the issue as well)

Ea9pgOB.png

Yeah, Spidey's all about the fists. That said, I'm fine with them not having him punch someone unless he needs to -- especially considering he holds back 99% of time.

Otherwise, Vulture could be a pile of goo on the floor.

Okay so that guy from Hamilton says he'd be interested in playing Carnage. For you all that know this guy or Hamilton itself, what do you all think?

http://screenrant.com/hamilton-lin-manuel-miranda-carnage-movie/

He is a big fan of Marvel and there is one particular character that he would actually like to play. It’s Carnage. He said if Disney and Marvel were looking at doing a Maximum Carnage movie or bringing Carnage in (the MCU) as a character, he wants to be Carnage. Genuinely as a fan, he would love to play Carnage. That’s a goal of his.

Personally, though, I find Carnage to be...okay, but his shining moment came and went with Maximum Carnage. Unless that happened, which I doubt, any symbiote related stuff I figured would just be with Venom.

I think Holland just shouldn't have said anything about Spidey not punching, because this is gonna nag at people's minds.

Okay so that guy from Hamilton says he'd be interested in playing Carnage. For you all that know this guy or Hamilton itself, what do you all think?

http://screenrant.com/hamilton-lin-manuel-miranda-carnage-movie/

Personally, though, I find Carnage to be...okay, but his shining moment came and went with Maximum Carnage. Unless that happened, which I doubt, any symbiote related stuff I figured would just be with Venom.
I don't know about him playing Carnage... but the idea of Lin being in the MCU? It's like one of those things that you didn't know you wanted until you heard the idea of it and you're like.... this needs to happen. Somehow. Someway. It needs to happen.

Lin-Manuel fan here, in case you couldn't tell :oldrazz:

I can go without seeing Carnage in a Spider-Man film but I'd like to see Carnage in the Venom film. Think they could do some really unique stuff, especially if it's not exactly tied to Spider-Man.

I can go without seeing Carnage in a Spider-Man film but I'd like to see Carnage in the Venom film. Think they could do some really unique stuff, especially if it's not exactly tied to Spider-Man.

The Sony Venom spin-off it is, then!

Glad to see the silly paranoia level in this thread hasn't gone down.:woot:

There's noting about Carnage that wouldn't work in the MCU. You can't show gorey shots of buckets of blood but you don't need that anyway.

Glad to see the silly paranoia level in this thread hasn't gone down.:woot:
I wish it would go away but to those who it affects, they can't help it.

Kinda why I limited time on here. But I do enjoy the forums.

He doesn't strike me as Carnage and I feel like we're a long way off from Carnage appearing. I don't want the black suit and Venom in the same film so we're looking at a fourth film at the earliest for Carnage.

I want the Spider-Man films to go like this

2 = Black Costume and fighting a non-symbiote
3 = Venom
4 = Carnage

I do think that Mr. Miranda would be excellent as Scorpion. Maybe use him in in the sequel to Homecoming and then ship Miranda off to that rumored Thunderbolts TV series where he'd costar with Daniel Bruhl, Dylan Minette and presumably also Bokeem Woodbine along with whoever is playing Moonstone, Taskmaster, Jolt, Atlas, Fixer, Songbird and Mach.

A lot of things need to happen before we get to Carnage.

Hopefully Marvel end up using the symbiotes and not Sony.

Hopefully Sony never does anything without Marvel steering the ship again. This may be an unpopular opinion, but I'm not even slightly interested in their upcoming animated Spider-man movie.

The last really good thing Sony provided us that was about Spider-man was SSM.

New video with Entertainment Tonight, Zendaya flat out said she's not Mary Jane. Difficult to post a link on mobile so just search for it on YouTube.

Take that however you want. Who knows or cares anymore.

Funny enough, it's always pissed me off big time in the Spider-Man 2002 special features DVD they spelled Betty Brant wrong (Brandt). They didn't even correct it for the Blu Ray release (they didn't change anything at all though to be honest. Sony sucks).

I could easily see a mid-credits JJJ scene.

I don't have willpower strong enough to avoid the trailer either. Would I like it better had I not seen the trailer going in? Possibly, but there's no way I'm gonna find out lol :woot:

:lmao:

Anyone saying otherwise is just asinine. :whatever:

Yeah, he was in such classics as MOS and BvS...:whatever:

bHP6D.jpg

Hell, he even punched Flash lol (knocked him out later in the issue as well)

Ea9pgOB.png
Yeah, pretty much. :up:

the-real-reason-kraven-the-hunter-could-be-spider-man-s-next-villain-560670.jpg

spider-man-punches-Electro-1.png

Marvel-- stop trying to make Spider-Man into something he's not.

Last edited:
Hopefully Sony never does anything without Marvel steering the ship again. This may be an unpopular opinion, but I'm not even slightly interested in their upcoming animated Spider-man movie.
Too late, Sony is already moving foward on their animated movie. And the last time we got something from them that was animated, it ended up being the best adaptation of the Spider-Man comics that STILL hasn't been topped to this day. if Sony can get Greg Weisman involved then they could instill confidence in that movie & get Spidey fans excited for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"