Homecoming Spider-Man: Homecoming User Reviews Thread *SPOILERS*

I absolutely loved the movie. The action scenes were not quite as spectacular as the previous films but I think that was the point. This is an amateur Spider-Man and I think this aspect of the film is what made it so great. Seeing him coping with trying to be a superhero was fantastically portrayed.

I love the people that criticise the film because Spider--Man was not perfect and was not responsible. Of course he is not, he is a kid that has been given super human abilities. It is far more realistic to take this approach. Plus it leaves room for great character development. The film made it fun to be Spider-Man again and Tom Holland's mannerisms whilst in the suit are spot on. The little moments peppered throughout of Spidey taking out thugs really helped to portray the duality of the character.

I also don't get the lack of emotion and tension criticism. That moment when he is in the back of the car with Keaton was very tense and fantastically directed. There was also emotional weight. The scene where Peter and Tony have a fight was very relatable. When he says "I was trying to be like you" and his voice stutters made me feel for him. Plus the moment where Peter is trapped in the rubble almost brought a tear to my eye. It had so many layers to it and this again is masterful directing being able to hit so many different emotions. From desperation and fear to strength and hope. Beautifully done. I thought Tom's acting during the "rubble scene" was some of the best the MCU has seen. He made it so believable.

They took a risk with taking Spidey in a fresh new direction and it was the best thing that could have been done. Furthermore, I was worried about the AI in the suit but I actually ended up really liking it. It gave Peter a chance to have some down time and really get deeper into his mentality.

If I had to rate this among the other Spidey films I would put it just behind the second Raimi film. Don't forget that was Raimi's second Spidey film so it had an entire movie behind it to elevate it to the heights it reached. I am thoroughly invested on this new take of Spider-Man and have very high hopes for the sequel. I would rate it an 8.5.

Last edited:
Here is my review of Spider-Man: Homecoming

The passed 13 years have been rough for Spider-Man on film. 2004 saw the release of Spider-Man 2, which helped define the genre for a long time and still stands the test of time, but little did we know the dark times ahead. Little did we know Sony would sabotage Spider-Man 3 by cramming too much into the movie, or that Spider-Man would see his second reboot since 2012. Time were certainly dark, but from that darkness came Marvel Studios. After the Amazing Spider-Man 2 took the franchise to its all-time lowest point, Kevin Feige and company were able to get the chance to do Spider-Man the right way, and join his Marvel brothers into the MCU fans know and love. The resulting film not only is the best outing for the webslinger since 2004's Spider-Man 2, it is also one of the best films Marvel Studios has made.

One strength inherent in Spider-Man is the ability to explore a section of the Marvel Universe to this point only explored at any level on Netflix: the street level. One thing this film absolutely gets right is that heroes like the Avengers face global or world ending threats, so a petty arms dealer like the Vulture can go unnoticed for 8 years! This helped make the Vulture a huge threat as Spider-Man is new to this gig and his abilities, so largely he feels over matched against the very experience Vulture. Vulture actually ends up being one of the MCUs strongest villains to date. I think both Norman and Doc Ock in the Raimi films were overall better villains, but Vulture is solidly best villain in a Spider-Man film since then. Has great character motivations, an interesting code of honor, and a great connection both to Peter and to the MCU as a whole. I also love this idea that he is a scavenger living off the scraps of the gods and monsters of the MCU, as is Peter with the Avengers. It's a great duality. Spider-Man: Homecoming gives us a great view of that smaller street level world, and shows us much of what is still to come for that universe. We get many future villains in the film, and the film is not shy about pointing that out.

What really makes this film work is the main character. While Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield never nailed being both Peter Parker AND Spider-Man, Tom Holland absolutely does. Between his 2 MCU appearances, it is clear he is the best on-screen version of Spider-Man ever. He owns both roles, mastering Spider-Man's sharp wit and merging it with Peter's more awkwardness. Also much like the Raimi films, it plays with Spider-Man's bad fortune comedically, like a scene where Spider-Man has no buildings to swing off of, so he has to run through a park. Tom Holland's energy is infectious, and his trials and tribulations as Peter Parker also hit home. It took a long time to find, but here is a version of Spider-Man that has everything you can ask for in a webslinger.

Based on the marketing, there was some worry about various film elements. One of which was would Tony Stark steal too much of the spotlight. Honestly, he is not in the movie nearly as much as the trailers indicate. He is in the film a fair amount, yes. But all his scenes are in service to the story, except maybe one toward the end, but the film does not lose sight of it being a SPIDER-MAN film. Then there is Zenayda. Yes, the character's nickname is MJ, but she is not Mary Jane Watson. While Marvel is giving her the MJ initials, she is clearly a whole other character down to her actual name being Michelle. This did not bother me at all. Ned Leeds in the film is kind of a mix of many different characters, but as Peter's guy in the chair, he is hilarious and one of the film's brightest spots. I also really like Marisa Tomei as Aunt May, though clearly Aunt May seems to be getting younger and younger with each new version we are presented. But one of the other big issues was Peter's AI, named Karen in the film. Peter is not Iron Man, I agree. But, Iron Man is his mentor, so in a piece of Stark tech, the AI made sense and Karen offered some great levity in the film and some of the funnest moments. I can see this not being everyone's cup of tea, but I think Marvel made this idea work.

I remember when Spider-Man 4 was cancelled, I was very sad. Then came the Amazing Spider-Man films, which just didn't appeal to me at all. Between those and the poor storylines the comics had presented for Peter Parker, my interest in Spider-Man dwindled heavily. I just had not been excited for anything Spider-Man in nearly a decade, but thanks to Marvel, Watts, and everyone involved, I have rediscovered what I loved about Spider-Man in the first place. Spider-Man: Homecoming helped restore my love for Spider-Man, and I am excited for the character's future. I cannot wait to see how Marvel handles such a great stable of characters and the Spidey universe in general. One thing we know is, they are off to a great start.

Overall Rating: 5/5

Glad you enjoys it so much :up: I wish I enjoyed it as much, hopefully going forward with the sequels.

It's kinda/sorta the opposite for me I think. I was bothered by a lot of stuff they did, and I still am, but the more I think about the positives, the more I feel like there is a lot to appreciate in the movie as well.

Right now, for me, its changed from an okay/competent to a mostly good, albeit flawed, film.

There's a lot I appreciate for sure, just some stuff I really am down on big time. But hoping for the sequel to really grab me a lot more and Spidey films in general going forward.

I really liked this movie. Loved the Vulture.

One of my favorite scenes was the interrogation.

Zendaya is not Mary Jane so I don't care that she said my friends call me MJ. I figured that was just letting us know Mary Jane Watson won't be in this series. We've already had her, and Gwen. My problem was her saying that's what her friends call her, and she had no friends up until that point. She should have just said call me MJ. It also just kinda fell flat, my audience has no reaction to it.

Well hot damn. All that complaining and drama for nothing. Again.

Aloha,
Don't you know by now that whining and complaining about every possible detail real or unreal is fanboy CRACK :sly:
Spidey rules

I enjoyed this movie, for the most part. Holland is a brilliant Peter AND Spidey, whereas the other actors usually got one half or the other correctly. I enjoyed the chemistry between him and his supporting cast. Putting him in high school was a smart decision to make him stand out not just from the other Spider-Man movie sagas, but also as a young hero in the MCU. I also liked how they grabbed a lot of the high school cast from the earlier issues of the comic. A lot of obscure cameos here and there.

Though that does make it baffling as to why they nabbed Betty Brant and Ned Leeds, considering they're more associated with the Daily Bugle.

Keaton killed it as Vulture. One of the most nuanced movie MCU villains alongside Loki. The twist with Liz could've been cheesy and forced, but it was executed perfectly, between the humor with Peter's awkwardness and the tension once Toomes puts two and two together.

Stark wasn't as prominent as thought, and I'm okay with it. I get why they focused on the apprenticeship between Peter and Tony, but I hope it's not brought up much in the future. Let Peter stand on his own and let him be clever and smart without relying on useless gadgets, just like the final battle with Vulture showed.

I look forward to the future, even if I have some reservations on nitpicky points.

I don't think every race lift and persona change is a slight to the fans, but it is more of them saying, we gave you MJ and Gwen Stacy already as they are in the comics

The Raimi version was nothing like MJ from the comics in terms of personality and her relationship to Peter. Literally the only non-comics media that got MJ correct was The Spectacular Spider-Man.

I saw this today and I am pretty happy. Alongside Iron Man, Spider-Man has been my other top Marvel character going back to a young age. The first Spider-Man film was the reason I registered her 15 years ago. And I share the sentiment a lot of posters have of having been happy with Raimi's first two films, but gradually losing interests in the films after being disappointed with S-M3 and disliking TASM films. That started to change after being happy with what we saw of Spidey in CW, and after seeing Homecoming that disinterest is completely gone and I'm looking forward to seeing where they take this iteration of the franchise in the future.

I'll probably always have a soft spot for Maguire due to nostalgia, but I think Holland turned in the best Peter Parker/Spider-Man performance to date. He definitely nailed the duality of the character and showed how difficult being Spider-Man can be for Parker.

Keaton was also great as the Vulture and I'm glad that they left open the possibility of him returning someday. Likewise for the Shocker and the possibility of seeing Mac Gargan becoming the Scorpion down the line.

I thought the supporting cast was good. Marissa Tomei and Laura Harrier were good as Aunt May and Liz respectively. Ned was fine, but I think I'd rather that they had used someone like Randy Robertson in that role instead. Revalori as Flash did fine as well, but he just continues to strike me as an odd choice for that character.

I liked Zendaya and I would be willing to keep an open mind about her potentially being Mary Jane and developing closer to what we would expect from that character over the series. But I just saw Feige's comments about that whole situation, so that is likely a moot point. I probably would've just made her a version of Debra Whitman had it been up to me.

One thing I hope they change for the sequel is dialing back the Spider-Man suit being loaded with so much tech. At the very least, get rid of the AI system. I'm also curious to see how they will handle Aunt May learning that Peter is Spider-Man so early in his career.

Ultimately, while I may revise this upon future viewings, I think I would consider this to be in the top tier of MCU films and would probably rate it 8/10.

Saw it yesterday. It wasn't my favorite MCU movie ever, but I'd go see it at a theater again, if I didn't spend almost $30 yesterday between ticket, popcorn and soda.

Someone somewhere said it nailed the 80s John Hughes high school vibe and I totally agree with that. Keaton as Vulture was probably the second best villain we've gotten in the MCU after Hiddleston's Loki.

One thing I hope they change for the sequel is dialing back the Spider-Man suit being loaded with so much tech. At the very least, get rid of the AI system. I'm also curious to see how they will handle Aunt May learning that Peter is Spider-Man so early in his career.

I didn't mind the AI in the suit, but I get that it's not what Spider-man is about. It would have been cool if they suit they had teased at the Avengers HQ was the Iron Spider suit though.

Now, that was fun.

I have to admit I was a bit concerned by the lack of enthusiasm I felt when watching the trailers earlier this year considering how much of a homer I am for Spider-Man, but they did a fine job crafting a fun and entertaining Spidey flick that seamlessly blends into the MCU.

After hitting a skid with 2 sub-par films out of the past 3, the brand in my opinion needed the energetic shot that this film provided. I liked how brisk the pace was, while still allowing scenes to breathe, and the action, though not amazing, was solid enough to keep me from looking at my watch.

Tom Holland, as everyone has stated, nailed it as Parker/Spidey. I liked him ok in Civil War, but definitely felt people heaped unwarranted praise towards him when he was only in it for 10 minutes. Absorbing his performance for over 2 hours however convinced me he was the right kid for the job. I know some TASM detractors would give me grief about it, but I would say I like Tom Holland as much as I like Andrew Garfield. Its nuttier however to fathom that if someone told me 10 years ago I'd think Tobey was my least favorite portrayal of Spidey, I probably think they were crazy.

I thought the supporting cast did well enough, and Zendaya capitalized every moment of her small screentime, which I imagine will increase in the following installments. The only knock is Liz "Allen" as I found her chemistry with Tom Holland to be lacking, but to be fair, maybe its because she's following the excellent love interest in Emma Stone's Gwen and her fantastic chemistry with Garfield. Being a bit of a Flash Thompson fan, I was for the most part pleased by his portrayal, however I wish they kept him being a jock and maybe made a reference to him being a huge fan of Spider-Man.

The villain is however what keeps Homecoming afloat outside of Holland's scenes. I'd hesitate to say that the Vulture is an iconic villain, as I think he's written to the usual forgettable MCU villain standard, but Keaton's performance elevates the material to be far more engaging than it had any business being.

The biggest knock(s), I suppose, are two things:
1) I don't think this movie is as iconic/epic as it could been. I understand that in the MCU, that's sort of the point because not only are they trying to ground the film to be a John Hughes teen film, but also they don't want to make Spider-Man such a grand character that everyone else in the MCU looks pale by comparison. Again, I get it, but it prevents it from surpassing the eventfulness of Spider-Man 2.
2) This movie takes a TON of liberties with the material that if somehow this was the same movie but not done by Marvel Studios, a lot of MCU fanboys would be calling foul at how Sony is yet again destroying the mythos of Spider-Man and how the rights need to get back to Marvel. The Vulture was not really the Vulture, but resembled the Beetle more. The techy-ness of the suit, as well as the fact that it's Stark Industries that provide all the tools to Parker, really took Peter's agency to create his own weapons/material away.

Those knocks in my view however are minor to the grand scope of the entire film. Overall I give it an:

8 out of 10.

Last edited:
Finally saw it today. Thought this version of Spider-Man was great and look forward to more of it. Probably place it behind the first two Raimi SM's. Give it a 8.5 for now.

9/10 for me. Saw it 4 times so far and given that I'm not a Spider-man fan that's saying something. Far better than any other Spidey movie to date. Holland's easily the best Spider-man in live action yet(though I knew that last year after CW) and they finally nailed the humor while not making it utterly repulsive(Raimi's version...I swear this man's sense of humor just galls me) or making Peter come off like a jerk(Webb's version...though his humor actually did get me to laugh sometimes). Watts hit the sweet spot on that note. Vulture is the best Spidey villain on screen ever and probably one of the top 3 villains in the film side of the MCU along with Loki and Zemo(top 5 if you count Kingpin and Purple Man from Netflix). There's just so much great stuff here that it's hard to list them all. About the only negative I saw was the near elimination of his Spidey Sense(I know it existed in CW so they'll need some reason why it seems to be on the fritz in SM:HCMG). But that's a minor detail to me when everything else works so damn well. Favorite movie of the year so far as well.

Last edited:
Seen it twice, loved it more the second time. It has humor, heart, amazing special effects, memorable characters, relatable situations, great action and a Peter Parker/Spider-Man that made me fall in love with the character again.

So much nitpicking in this thread because one thing or another isn't as perfect as YOU would have done it in your movie, but man oh man, I had a blast with this flick. 10/10 for me. My hands were so sweaty during just about every action sequence, which means the tension and drama were just right!

And I can't believe I'm about to say this... but I would watch a Back to the Future reboot if they cast Tom Holland as Marty McFly. They'd have to get Doc and Biff just right too, but that's how much I dig Tom Holland.

After 40 years of Spider-man fandom, Spider-man: Homecoming was a dream come true. It wasn't a perfect film, or even a perfect Spider-man story, by any stretch of the imagination, but it accomplished its main goal. Spider-man, the most famous Marvel character and central galvanizing force for the company, finally had the spotlight of the MCU on him. Spidey's shining moment was most certainly worth the wait.

Let me deal with the pair of elephants in the room before I move along to the plot. If you went to the theater in hopes of seeing a classic Spider-man adapted from his original Amazing Fantasy origin, you might be disappointed. Homecoming took as many, if not more, liberties with the character than Marc Webb's Amazing Spider-man films. It was obvious that Marvel Studios didn't want to burden the audience by retreading familiar cinematic ground as they retrofit Peter Parker into the well-seasoned MCU. For a character with a vast multimedia history like Spider-man, I think there's room for this updated interpretation. However, the even more important question is whether you can stomach the sidekick vibe that Spider-man had for most of the film. I can understand how this might offend some erstwhile Spider-man fans, especially those enthusiasts for whom Spider-man's story is more alluring on its own than that of the Marvel Universe as a whole. Those were the starting blocks, and Captain America: Civil War should have been a reliable indicator of whether you wanted to be a spectator as the new Webslinger was off and running.

Tom Holland took his place next to Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield in Spider-man's storied history. He was the perfect teenage super hero. While his character lacked the constant specter of Uncle Ben's death, he was no less burden's with responsibility. The journey to prove himself capable of serving the world with his powers, and winning the approval of Tony Stark, was a bumpy, emotional ride. Holland was prepared, and he did an outstanding job of portraying the bumbling-but-valiant version of Peter Parker/Spider-man. It remains to be seen if Holland can take Spider-man as far as Maguire and Sam Raimi did, but he certainly acquitted himself very well in Homecoming.

Marvel Studios added another layer to their massive story in their patented fashion. They seamlessly added several villains to the MCU mix. Tinkerer and Shocker were interesting individually, and actually enhanced the Vulture's character rather than detracting from the main villain. Yes, Sony, it can be done. While Vulture didn't quite equal the greatness of Dafoe's Green Goblin or Molina's Doc Ock, Michael Keaton was Adrain Toomes incarnate. Even with the modified version of his back story, Homecoming presented his motivation well. The film also improved on the Vulture's dated (and sometimes, silly) comic visuals to make the character seem both plausible and threatening.

Homecoming didn't saddle Peter Parker with too much high school drama. What we saw was organic, such as his attraction to Liz Allan. Again, purists might bristle at Peter being attracted to his modified version of Liz rather than Mary Jane or Gwen Stacy, but at least Homecoming gave viewers some chemistry between Holland and Laura Harrier as well as a painless resolution to their interest in one another.

Most of the abundant action took place away from school, and that was a blessing. Despite his intelligence, Peter found high school to be an annoyance as he aspired greatness. It was fitting that we didn't see the "attack the school" plot device to bring Peter into conflict with his enemies. Some fans might find his immaturity and aloofness to be heavy-handed, but it led to some memorable action scenes. The Staten Island Ferry scene was stunning, and it gave Holland the type of signature moment that the "Choose" and runaway train sequences gave Tobey Maguire. The blend of Holland's athleticism and the state-of-the-art CGI gave us the most realistic Spider-man abilities to date.

This film won't satisfy everyone, but it was a fun, brisk way to add Spider-man into the Marvel movie mix. Critics will say that we should only grade a film on its own merits, but I can't separate Homecoming from the prospects that it gives future Marvel projects. The MCU Spider-man will certainly be a facilitator for other stories and characters, which can only excite any MCU loyalist. Perhaps Homecoming didn't give us everything, but as a certain Star-Spangled Sentinel suggested, patience can lead to good things.

Last edited:
Good movie, think the first half was hit and miss. But once Tony took the costume from Peter, the movie kicked into full gear. From there on, loved every single bit and wanted more. 8/10, I liked the WCW shockmaster reference and Keaton was really good too. Oh yeah and that Iron spider costume at the end was a beauty. Only thing I didn't like was spideys costume was too damn techy. It was over done, felt more like Iron man.

MCU+Disney= Movies engineered for the masses. In that level it works, this will be a movie liked by the majority of moviegoers, it´s fun.

Lifelong Spidey fan? im disappointed, what drives the character to do what he does to overcome what happened in his life is removed from the equation, no mention whatsoever of being responsable for his actions, everything is about making Tony proud and do cool things.. which feels empty and not Spider-many.

YES, WE DON'T NEED a flashback nor to see Ben die(done to death already), but not even 1 line in the movie about it is uncharacteristic, his story IS a tragedy wich makes him tic.

Plus, he depends on Tony Stark all the time.. and the suit is practically an iron-man suit.. ridiculous.(RDJ is so bored.. kinda sad to see)

Now, the movie manages to have fun, and makes those new elements something that will resonate with younger audiences who just want cool moments and have a laugh. I can understand that, but why is this so afraid of trying to elicit emotions Disney?

On the positive side, the movie did accomplish something wonderful for me wich is to have the BEST mcu villain(not that hard though), by far. Keaton was fantastic, and well written.

Holland was ok, I hope he improves his take in the next film.. third act was his best imo, and what felt actually like the character.

Good movie, think the first half was hit and miss. But once Tony took the costume from Peter, the movie kicked into full gear. From there on, loved every single bit and wanted more. 8/10, I liked the WCW shockmaster reference and Keaton was really good too. Oh yeah and that Iron spider costume at the end was a beauty. Only thing I didn't like was spideys costume was too damn techy. It was over done, felt more like Iron man.

Agree with this! Would have enjoyed a more attention-grabbing, immersive opening, instead of being eased into it ... but it definitely picked up which was redeeming. I guess the tech stuff is all "wow it's 2017 look at what we can do the future is now!!" but yeah, unnecessary, especially with a movie like this.

This was just another version of Spidey, third one so far, so I didn't mind the changes made. It felt like I was looking at a live action cartoon.

Dont go into this latest film version of the iconic Spider-Man looking for a mournful and somber
Peter Parker / Spider-Man,this is a Spider-Man film with a BIG sense of humor.

Tom Holland does a very good job in his portrayal of Peter Parker / Spider-Man even channeling Michael J Fox in a few scenes.He and the screen writers Jonathan Goldstein,John Francis Daley Jon Watts,Christopher Ford,Chris McKenna and Erik Sommers( wow all of these cooks in the kitchen and they actually made a coherent script !!!!) have captured the wonder of a teenager ,even what an adult would feel if they had super powers.
They captured the feeling a teenager would have if he or she had a taste of a bigger world and wanted to leave the young adult world behind.

Michael Keaton was excellent as Adrian Toomes / Vulture,displaying all the the right amounts of intimidating menace.
There are great nods to pop culture,other Marvel legends,and the Marvel cinematic universe
Marisa Tomei as May Parker does a fine job,some good jokes about how much younger she is in this version.
The relationship between Liz Allan (Laura Harrier) and Peter had it's moments especially when
it focused on Peter's tug of war between having a life and being a hero,but ends up in such an awkward place IMO

The side characters got the short end of the stick in my opinion,they werent really fleshed out they would just say a line or two and they were gone
I would still like to see what they come up with for Zendaya's M.J(?) Michelle(?) character.

Some action sequences were fun and sleek,others were far to murky.

Anyone worried about this being a Marvel Team Up movie featuring Iron-Man shouldnt because his appearances are just enough to satisfy.

Im looking forward to part 2

Scale of 1-10 an 8

Mjölnir;35454799 said:
All blockbusters are. No studio will ever spend big money on movies that aren't made to attract the masses.
Yes but some are smart enough to not make it SO evident..

Homecoming didn't saddle Peter Parker with too much high school drama. What we saw was organic, such as his attraction to Liz Allan. Again, purists might bristle at Peter being attracted to his modified version of Liz rather than Mary Jane or Gwen Stacy, but at least Homecoming gave viewers some chemistry between Holland and Laura Harrier as well as a painless resolution their interest in one another.

First of all, you articulated the majority of opinion I hold as well. Just an excellent post. I do have one comment about Liz. The true purists would know that Liz is the first girl we see him attracted to in the comics so I liked that they went with Liz over Gwen or MJ.

First of all, you articulated the majority of opinion I hold as well. Just an excellent post. I do have one comment about Liz. The true purists would know that Liz is the first girl we see him attracted to in the comics so I liked that they went with Liz over Gwen or MJ.

Aloha,
Very good point. Liz is actually the girl that he asked to go to the science experiment where he got bitten by the spider.She should have always been featured in the past movies based upon that.Mary Jane NEVER went to HS with Peter and neither did Gwen, they met in college in the Silver Age.I know she was with him in Ultimate however.
Spidey rules

Some snap thoughts leaving the theater.
- Holland and Keaton are good. Holland's best scene is when he's buried under the rubble and flat out panicking, and Keaton of course with the car scene and his little speech shortly after. Ned is right on the line between funny and annoying but didn't bug me too much. Marisa Tomei isn't my Aunt May and everyone else is just kinda there. I did enjoy Downey and Favreau's drop ins.
- Vulture's costume looks awesome. I really loved it just aesthetically. I also liked how he's not really a super villain and not really evil. He doesn't have some stereotypical vendetta with Spidey he just wants him to stay out of his business.
- There's something a little underwhelming though and I think Raimi's first two and the first TASM had more depth. It felt very lightweight and low stakes and while I understand them skipping the origin story it leaves Holland's Pete feeling kind of underdeveloped. He's a really likable charming kid but he doesn't really get any big dramatic scenes like in the older movies apart from when he's buried in the rubble and freaking out. He and Vulture didn't really have a big major fight anything comparable to the train fight in Raimi's second, maybe because it seems like both of them are still kinda winging it with how to actually use their suits. I thought they also almost made Pete a little too bumbling at times and he almost seemed more capable in Civil War.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"