Spider-Man in August

Discussion in 'The Comics' started by Galactus, May 14, 2006.

1. Galactus Devourer of Worlds

So far Marvel have only released solicitations for the Civil War related stuff. More comes on Tuesday or Wednesday

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #535
    Written by J. MICHAEL STRACZYNSKI
    Pencils & Cover by RON GARNEY
    CIVIL WAR Tie-in
    “THE WAR AT HOME”
    Caught in the throes of the Civil War that’s ripping apart the super hero community, Spider-Man contemplates a move that will mean new friends and new foes. In a conflict of this magnitude, three is no middle ground -- Peter Parker’s move will cast him as either George Washington...or Benedict Arnold. Part 3 (of 6).
    32 PGS./Rated A ...$2.99

[​IMG]

2. Electro UK Can't all be for nothing

Oh yes! Good bye Iron spidey time!

3. SpideyLad Turning It Up To Eleven

By the looks of it.....:) :) :)

4. Kirk Langstrom FRANCINE!!!!

Kick his lying, Iron ass Pete!

5. Citizen_Kaine Registered

Deadpool hunting people = $$$

:up:

6. Donald Thomas The Black ArachKnight

Aloha,
    I've been telling you guys that Peter was going to go from calling Tony "Boss" to "MUD".
    Spidey rules

7. stillanerd Registered

It would be really powerful in that issue if Spidey makes his new costume transform from it's "Iron Spidey" look into his classic Red and Blues, thus proving once and for all he's no longer Iron Man's lap dog.

It also looks like the Black Cat, as I kind of thought she would, be Pro-Registration, although I didn't think she was joining the new Heroes For Hire team (which seems a little wrong without Iron Fist and Luke Cage)

[​IMG]

8. Captivated Registered

Woo hoo! Go Spidey go!

9. crivelliman Registered

While it makes me very excited, this really gave away a huge-ass spoiler from the whole Civil War arc. I expected a list of Spider-Man titles and some descriptions, like the usual threads titled like this one. Instead I found out, irrefutably, how the story will go from Spider-Man's perspective by August. Another title for this thread might have been something like "What Happens to Spider-Man by August" or "Spidey Pwns IM!" The implications of the title do not reflect the content of the thread.

It is a pretty sweet image, though.

10. Dragon No Way as Way

My problem is that they continue to write Spidey as a moron. Does he actually think he can fight Ironman in armor that Stark designed?

11. Kirk Langstrom FRANCINE!!!!

It's possible Peter may just lauch himself at Stark in the heat of the moment without thinking things through first...

But yeah, that will be a big mistake as Stark no doubt has a way to over ride Peter's armor at a moment's notice. (he did it to James Rhodes, when Rhodes took over as Iron Man and went berserk).

12. crivelliman Registered

I think the more appropriate assertion is that Marvel thinks it is we who are the morons. Everyone has assumed that Stark put in some kind of failsafe if the suit if Spidey were to "rebel." The question asked is, if Spidey is going to fight Iron Man, why in God's name would he use a suit built by the guy? Wouldn't he just go back to the red-and-blues?

What would be a welcome surprise is if Spidey (who is also a scientist) figured out the failsafe and removed it, and as a special "and the horse you rode in on," fought Stark in the suit anyway. However, if we're going to get that in-depth (since Marvel hardly gives us enough credit for even that intricate a story-point), one would have to assume there's some kind of remote warning indicator that Stark would have noticed that alerts him when people are screwing with his suits, thus potentially destroying that idea.

Either way, if this is happening in the middle of the Civil War, chances are the Illuminati Stark prophecy seems to be the most likely scenario. Which, by the way, totally blows.

13. SouLeSS Registered

I don't base anything off covers anymore. Not since the last ish of Fantastic Four at least.

14. Marc Inquisitor

I'm sure it would feel like a very powerful moment of 'defiance' if this whole thing wasn't so artificially staged and badly plotted. Instead this whole thing confirms Spidey has in fact been an utter moron all this time. You know how many of my icon's are morons... its less than one. :(

15. Doc_OCK_4MUGEN I love 6" not 3 3/4" toys

This ain't happening... The moment Peter tries to attack Star he'll be the deep fried spider... Gotta love Strak failsafe devices... but I really hope that Iron Spideruses his hentaicle power against Ironman...

16. shinlyle King of the Haters

Finally....we can possibly be rid of the Iron Spidey suit!!

I do think tha tit's foolish to think that Stark didn't build in at least a dozen failsafes into that suit, though.

Still, maybe Marvel willa ctually let Spidey use his BRAIN and get out of this one. I just want to see Spidey shove that suit down Stark's throat.

17. Dyeathrose Registered

I stopped basing stories off of covers during Sins Remembered and Sins Past. It seems like a image based for marketing, though in its defense, it is a very good possibility of happening within the story.

I also think it's colored nicely; I'm a fan of saturating colors. :)

18. Doc_OCK_4MUGEN I love 6" not 3 3/4" toys

Spidey using his BRAIN Man, Whatcha been smoking?! Spidey doesn't need a brain when he has t3h almighty 5t1ng3rz!!!! He'll stab the hell out of the R0b1n suit and IM... so, no need for brains... no Peter stabs his problems...
    MJ: Peter I think I'm pregnant...
    PP:*SNIKT!**STAB STAB* Problem solved...
    Aunt may: Peter Uncle Ben's alive...
    World Leaders: There is hunger in the world...

19. Mara Jane Registered

Are there any other Spidey solicits for August?

20. bulok Registered

you win teh Internet

21. Galactus Devourer of Worlds

They should be available tomorrow or on Wednesday

22. shinlyle King of the Haters

LOL!!

Ah.....that's funny. It almost sounds like a song....

23. MaxCarnage Iron-Free

Now the question is whether or not he actually ditches the suit, or just morphs it into his red-and-blues. Hoping for the former, fearing the latter.

24. RAMORE ~The First Avenger~

covers uh aren't irrefutable guys.

25. SpideyInATree Chillin' Like a Villain

Probably the final straw that has Spider-Man ditch the new suit and return to the old duds.