Into the Spider-Verse Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse News and General Discussion Thread

Oh my gosh, I accidentally saw a clip of the after credits scene on Instagram but it was so cool I'm not even mad.
2099 meeting 67 cartoon Spidey and doing the meme with them pointing at each other. 2099 is frustrated with the ordeal. I wonder if there's any other Spidey shows he stops in.

Gave in and read the end credits scene. Sounds hilarious as bad place. Can't wait for Thursday.

Best animated film of the year (by miles).
In my top 3 superhero movies of the year.
My number 2 Spider-Man movie of all time (second only to Spider-Man 2).

You can rag on Sony but Spider-Man 1 and 2, Spider-Man ps4 and Into the Spider-verse happened on their watch.

You can rag on Sony but Spider-Man 1 and 2, Spider-Man ps4 and Into the Spider-verse happened on their watch.

Glad you loved it! Getting itchy just waiting.

In fairness to Sony Interactive Entertainment though, nobody is ragging on them for game quality (in general) with all the great studios they have. It''s the Sony film side that's been a mess in recent years.

Last edited:
Glad you loved it! Getting itchy just waiting.

In fairness to Sony Interactive Entertainment though, nobody is ragging on them for game quality (in general) with all the great studios they have. It''s the Sony film side that's been a mess in recent years.

When you see the movie you will see that there is no way on this earth there could have been studio interference. The vision is too singular and on point. Hopefully, this will teach Sony to remain hands off and let the creators create.

When you see the movie you will see that there is no way on this earth there could have been studio interference. The vision is too singular and on point. Hopefully, this will teach Sony to remain hands off and let the creators create.

I hope so. I think that's mainly due to Lord and Miller's involvement. If they stay on as Producers for future films (I think they will), we should be good to go.

I agree with Collider. He gave the movie less than 3 stars which count as a rotten, completely glossing over other things that make this movie great.
Directing.
Cinematography.
Writing.
Screenplay.
Voice acting.
Pacing. Action.
Editing.
Music.
Lighting.
Animation.
And because you thought the movie was jerky you are saying the movie isn't recommendable regardless of all the other great things about the movie. That's like saying Schindler's List isn't recommendable because it's black and white. Forget all the other aspects of that movie that make the movie great but because the film in black and white and I'm only used to my movies in colour don't bother spending your money on this movie and watch something else instead.

You don't have to agree with any critic who gives a movie a bad review, but if they found the movie ugly and thus cannot recommend it based on that, then that is their opinion. Their opinion is as valid as anyone else's. But nothing is saying you have to agree with that assessment. If you disagree, that is cool. I disagree with that critic as well. But no critic is under any obligation to just give a movie a good review. I know we get sucked up in %'s and we have rooting interest in these movies, but ultimately instead of focusing on this guy you disagree with, why don't you just go enjoy the movie? Ultimately, isn't that all that matters at the end of the day?

You don't have to agree with any critic who gives a movie a bad review, but if they found the movie ugly and thus cannot recommend it based on that, then that is their opinion. Their opinion is as valid as anyone else's. But nothing is saying you have to agree with that assessment. If you disagree, that is cool. I disagree with that critic as well. But no critic is under any obligation to just give a movie a good review. I know we get sucked up in %'s and we have rooting interest in these movies, but ultimately instead of focusing on this guy you disagree with, why don't you just go enjoy the movie? Ultimately, isn't that all that matters at the end of the day?

I'm not saying you shouldn't have an opinion, I'm saying if you're a professional critic then come up with better reasons for not giving a recommendation for a movie other than your personal bias. If you're bringing your personal bias to the table it means you can't be objective and if you can't be objective then you have no business being a professional critic.

I disagreed with Roger Ebert all the time but Ebert nearly always backed up with opinion with legitimate criticism.

I'm not saying you shouldn't have an opinion, I'm saying if you're a professional critic then come up with better reasons for not giving a recommendation for a movie other than your personal bias. If you're bringing your personal bias to the table it means you can't be objective and if you can't be objective then you have no business being a professional critic.

I disagreed with Roger Ebert all the time but Ebert nearly always backed up with opinion with legitimate criticism.

Every review is personal bias. Without exception. The very form of film analysis and review is based on your observations and thoughts on the work itself, ergo it's entirely grounded in bias.

DuD3voyXgAEDD00.jpg

I can't wait to see it! On the downside, I have a Ps4 with Spider-Man in my closet and can't play it until Christmas. My wife has made Christmas magical again by withholding gifts.

I can't wait to see it! On the downside, I have a Ps4 with Spider-Man in my closet and can't play it until Christmas. My wife has made Christmas magical again by withholding gifts.

Your wife bought you a PS4 Spider-Man bundle for Christmas?

She's a keeper. I can see why you married her :yay:

I still have to get PS4 Spider-Man. It's on my Christmas list.

But to be fair this is a Lord and Miller production... for all her flaws, even Amy Pascal knows to let them do what they do best.

Your wife bought you a PS4 Spider-Man bundle for Christmas?

She's a keeper. I can see why you married her :yay:
No doubt! I had just finished telling her why we didn't need to spend 200 bucks on it, and she had it under her arms on Black Friday. She said it's for "you and the kids". Suuuuure it is.

I had to get one. Every comic con, people see my Spidey art and start asking what I thought of the game, and I had to tell them I hadn't played it...it was like being that one kid in class who didn't go on the field trip.

No doubt! I had just finished telling her why we didn't need to spend 200 bucks on it, and she had it under her arms on Black Friday. She said it's for "you and the kids". Suuuuure it is.

I had to get one. Every comic con, people see my Spidey art and start asking what I thought of the game, and I had to tell them I hadn't played it...it was like being that one kid in class who didn't go on the field trip.

I know we're getting off topic a bit so I apologize but yeah, ps4 Spidey is a great take on the character and most of the supporting cast is really good. I'm not a fan of the game's MJ though. But I have a feeling you're gonna like the game.​

My wife bought me a ps4 for Christmas a couple of years ago when they had the Uncharted 4 bundle. And to top that, on the day Spider-Man ps4 released she took the kids out of the house for the day so I could play the game all day in peace. She's awesome.

And to tie this all into the current thread topic, I've never been interested in Miles as Spider-Man. But the ps4 version of him was pretty cool and the Spiderverse version in this film just may change my views. I dunno. We'll see.

I know we're getting off topic a bit so I apologize but yeah, ps4 Spidey is a great take on the character and most of the supporting cast is really good. I'm not a fan of the game's MJ though. But I have a feeling you're gonna like the game.​

My wife bought me a ps4 for Christmas a couple of years ago when they had the Uncharted 4 bundle. And to top that, on the day Spider-Man ps4 released she took the kids out of the house for the day so I could play the game all day in peace. She's awesome.

And to tie this all into the current thread topic, I've never been interested in Miles as Spider-Man. But the ps4 version of him was pretty cool and the Spiderverse version in this film just may change my views. I dunno. We'll see.
Your wife sounds like she's pretty stellar, man!

Helping to steer this all back on topic, From the past few years, I've read quite a bit about Miles, and he has always pretty bland in the comics. VERY generic. I don't mean that he doesn't have potential, but I read both volumes of Spider-Men, and my son has a few Miles comics, and I've read some of his interactions with Peter over the years, and he just doesn't have enough zing to him. It's like Ultimate Peter Parker, but stripped of that spark! I can't remember who said it, but I will mirror what someone else said, "I feel like I learned more from seeing Miles singing at his drawing board than I have from 5 years in the comics".

I can't disagree. He has one of the SICKEST Spidey suits, and his powers are awesome, but it just seems like the personality hasn't been there. This movie has done the OPPOSITE, and made me genuinely care about him. My wife was even watching the clip of him singing this weekend because she thought it was funny. She thought his family seemed interesting.

I wiki's him the other day, and man...what a convoluted back story! Looking forward to seeing the movie Saturday, though!!

Your wife sounds like she's pretty stellar, man!

Helping to steer this all back on topic, From the past few years, I've read quite a bit about Miles, and he has always pretty bland in the comics. VERY generic. I don't mean that he doesn't have potential, but I read both volumes of Spider-Men, and my son has a few Miles comics, and I've read some of his interactions with Peter over the years, and he just doesn't have enough zing to him. It's like Ultimate Peter Parker, but stripped of that spark! I can't remember who said it, but I will mirror what someone else said, "I feel like I learned more from seeing Miles singing at his drawing board than I have from 5 years in the comics".

I can't disagree. He has one of the SICKEST Spidey suits, and his powers are awesome, but it just seems like the personality hasn't been there. This movie has done the OPPOSITE, and made me genuinely care about him. My wife was even watching the clip of him singing this weekend because she thought it was funny. She thought his family seemed interesting.

I wiki's him the other day, and man...what a convoluted back story! Looking forward to seeing the movie Saturday, though!!
Miles's schtick is that he isn't another special kid, whether we're talking mutants, geniuses, or the pep in their step variety. He just so happens to have a supervillain uncle, who just so happens to get him spider bit, and this all happens around the time Peter Parker gets killed. There are more revelations in those earlier stories, but the gist is his entire life is crazier (SHIELD, Avengers, etc) after becoming the next Spider___ in a way that both parallels and contrasts to Peter & his purview. I appreciate the route this movie is taking by giving him an artistic hobby and making him cool in school, but I doubt they'll get into all the other twists and turns that make Miles's life so interesting. Also, I wonder if ItS-V will give him an actual superhero identity that isn't Arachni-kid or Spiderboy.

Look Out, Here Comes ‘The Spider-Verse’: Sony Animation Title Eyes $30M-$35M Opening – Box Office Preview

Opening box office metrics point to Sony Animation’s Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Versea fresh take on the Marvel superhero where anyone can wear the mask told in a novel cartoon style– in the neighborhood of $30M-$35M, which would be a great start in this sleepy pre-Christmas marketplace.

Those who deal in box office projections are holding their hands up, emphasizing the leg-out factor of the movie, and how hard it is to make moviegoing a priority at this point in time during the holiday season. Interest is strong among families, African American and Hispanic demos. However, there’s an immense amount of heat surrounding this Phil Lord-scripted animated feature, which he produced with his creative partner Christopher Miller, as well as Avi Arad, Amy Pascal, and Christina Steinberg, so no one will be surprised if this movie overindexes.

If this can make around 120 m domestic and roughly 300 m ww, I think Sony will be satisfied in this competitive market.

A nice bump. Should be interesting to see the legs on this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"