Into the Spider-Verse Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse News and General Discussion Thread

Easily my favorite animated film in the last few years, also one of the top movies of 2018...and yeah, best Spidey film I've seen yet.

Not only was one version of Spidey 26(my current age), there was also a Black Spidey on the screen! First time I've truly seen myself as Spider-Man.

You also lose out on the different animation for different spiders. It could not be done in live action.
To the contrary, would likely stick out more just as it does for any of the notable live-action/animation hybrids.
Spider-Ham could also be done in stop-motion or a Jim Henson-esque concoction.

‘Spider-Verse’ Raises $35M+ As ‘The Mule’ Kicks Up $17M+ In Pre-Christmas Period, But ‘Mortal Engines’ Breaks Down With $7M+

Holiday distractions prevented Sony’s Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse from getting any higher this weekend to what some were expecting would be a possible $40M start, especially with the title coming off its stellar exits polls with an A+ CinemaScore, 5-Star PostTrak. Nonetheless, Sony is calling the movie at $35.4M this morning, though rivals see it lower in the $33M-$34M range. Either way, it’s a solid start for this movie which together with its 80% definite recommend is destined for a great multiple during the Christmas season. While it’s highly anticipated that Aquaman, Mary Poppins Returns and Bumblebee would respectively be an easy 1,2,3 ranking at the box office, some distribution sources believe that Spider-Verse could interrupt that sequence over the 5-day Christmas stretch next weekend, potentially ranking third.

I just saw it. Amazing visuals, likeable characters, good humour

Animation is the ideal medium for Spider-man. I felt more thrills in this than any other Spiderman movie. It's just more fun having this stylisticly hightened reality rather than trying to modify all the greatness of Spiderman comics into something almost-realistic.

The only minus of this film is that sometimes it's a bit too high gear and the amount of visual stimulus felt overwhelming

it should be alot more but it seems they have trouble to add the Oversea Numbers

Not really? Animation outside the big names seems to have trouble gaining traction.

well i wished it wourld be near 100 Million mark but that's ok too right?

Saw this last night and very much enjoyed it. I do think it's a bit overpraised though, and at the end of the day I'd still put Spider-Man 2 and Homecoming over this because those two are still my favorite Spider-Man films, but I can definitely see where all the love is coming from. The movie just looks gorgeous throughout and I loved how the animation was a combination 2D drawn stuff and 3D which definitely gave it that extra pop. The character stuff is great too, especially the voice acting and the performances. As stunning as the action sequences were in this it was the emotional scenes that got too me the most and are easily my favorite parts of this movie. The stuff with Miles and his uncle was so damn good and his relationship with both Gwen and Peter was downright touching at times. However, my biggest gripes with this film come down to villains which I honestly thought were kind of on the weaker side. I appreciated the fact that they were trying to do something different and interesting with Kingpin this time around and while I liked him I didn't really buy into his motivation. I think if he had more development it would have worked a lot better, but maybe that's just me. The rest of the villains didn't do much for me either except be there to fight the good guys and while the dynamic with the other Spider people was a ton of fun the only one that really made an impression on me was Nic Cage as Spider-Man Noir.

I absolutely loved him, and I hope he comes back for a sequel, because IMO we didn't get nearly enough time with those characters. Spider-Ham had a great little moment too and my god was that after credits scene some of the funniest and most random **** I have ever seen lol.

8/10

This really was the best Spider-man movie to date. The other live action movies have been good to varying degrees but the fact that this movie embraces the comics history in full glory is what makes it great.

It was Miles’ story but I felt like Peter did not get short shifted at all. The animation in the beginning took some getting used to. It was like watching a 3-d movie without the glasses, so it can make you a little woozy.

I don’t know how they do a live action movie for Miles now. This origin story was more or less perfect.

With the competition that this movie faces I’m not surprised but I do think it’ll have strong legs.

This was incredible! It was genuinely moving and compelling — definitely wasn't expecting the movie to be this great back when it was first announced.

The Holy Spider-Man Movie trilogy:
1. S-M2
2. ITSV
3. S-M

Now let's hope Sony learns a thing or two from this.

This was incredible! It was genuinely moving and compelling — definitely wasn't expecting the movie to be this great back when it was first announced.

The Holy Spider-Man Movie trilogy:
1. S-M2
2. ITSV
3. S-M

Now let's hope Sony learns a thing or two from this.
That's a good list right there, I think mine might be the same. Hopefully will get to see this again tonight, really wanna take it all in. First viewing I was glued to the screen and tense because I had to go to the bathroom but could not get up because I didn't want to miss a second lol.

Awesome film.

I think this film has my favorite cameo ever too.:waa:

Stan Lee showing up during the mourning Peter Parker's death sequence.

Last edited:
Yeah, first time I sat towards the back, because I wasn't sure if I could handle it.

Next time, front row.

This movie is awesome! No it didn’t open with Disney type opening weekend numbers but it’s still opened well and as with most movies released around this time of year it’s sure to have legs.

The movie was okay. I didn't like the animation style and I slept halfway through the film but still saw the ending.

I can't wait for the score to come out tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"