Into the Spider-Verse Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse News and General Discussion Thread

I'm really happy about this. Now Sony can focus all their crappy spiderverse ideas that were supposed to be live action into this animated universe.

Marvel gets to make a kick ass live action Spidey that will be done right and Sony can do whatever they want with this animated franchise, which will probably make a lot of money and sell action figures.

With that being said, DYLAN 4 ANIMATED SPIDEY!!!!!!!!!!!

My only worry is Avi Arad. It's not surprising he'd try to do this given he literally lost all power to the live-action films. Spidey was also the last Marvel property he managed to hold onto, so I'm assuming the guy wants at least some sort of production where he could reign.

I'm cautiously optimistic as a result.

I don't see Arad as an issue on this. This is an animated feature, unless he is going to leer over animators shoulders and tell them where to place the keyframes.

I don't see Arad as an issue on this. This is an animated feature, unless he is going to leer over animators shoulders and tell them where to place the keyframes.

The 90's series had some of the most bizarre censorship issues in cartoon history, mostly due to Arad.

I feel he may attempt to water it down in a similar fashion. We need something more akin to MotP in quality and maturity.

The 90's series had some of the most bizarre censorship issues in cartoon history, mostly due to Arad.

I feel he may attempt to water it down in a similar fashion. We need something more akin to MotP in quality and maturity.

If the movie is anything other than a 'U' I will be stunned. I definitely think this movie will push hard for families and kids.

To me this move seems just to make Arad feel valuable. If he's involved I guess VENOM going to be involved.

Arad saw the writing on the wall. He publicly criticized Marvel Studios and Feige a year or so ago, so he knew Marvel wouldn't want him in the mix. Notice there was no mention of the Sinister Six film? Without a Spidey related film in production how would Arad squeeze $$$ outta SONY (Ghost Rider gone) .

This animated film is HIS Idea. Sinister Six, Black Cat or Venom film can't happen without Spidey debuting in a Marvel film and to be honest I think SONY gonna want Marvel involved in those films too, so he will have less power. Animation was his only hope.

To me this move seems just to make Arad feel valuable. If he's involved I guess VENOM going to be involved.

Arad saw the writing on the wall. He publicly criticized Marvel Studios and Feige a year or so ago, so he knew Marvel wouldn't want him in the mix. Notice there was no mention of the Sinister Six film? Without a Spidey related film in production how would Arad squeeze $$$ outta SONY (Ghost Rider gone) .

This animated film is HIS Idea. Sinister Six, Black Cat or Venom film can't happen without Spidey debuting in a Marvel film and to be honest I think SONY gonna want Marvel involved in those films too, so he will have less power. Animation was his only hope.

If you look at the leaked emails, this animated feature has been on the cards for while

I can understand that, but all the proposed films (Venom, Sin Six,etc) are in limbo, so to me this just seems like a move to keep Arad involved. Plus I can't see Marvel Studios allowing their non SONY characters in this project.

I'm really happy about this. Now Sony can focus all their crappy spiderverse ideas that were supposed to be live action into this animated universe.

Marvel gets to make a kick ass live action Spidey that will be done right and Sony can do whatever they want with this animated franchise, which will probably make a lot of money and sell action figures.

With that being said, DYLAN 4 ANIMATED SPIDEY!!!!!!!!!!!

I can TOTALLY see Sony going with this.

If its peter I would like Josh Keaton.If its Miles I would like Donald Glover.
Pretty cool and Lord and Miller are great but I'm pretty indiferent to it as of now

Does ****ing Arad's presence really weigh more than Lord and Miller? No.

If its peter I would like Josh Keaton.If its Miles I would like Donald Glover.
Pretty cool and Lord and Miller are great but I'm pretty indiferent to it as of now

I wish they would go with this, but I do think that Dylan O'Brien is THE candidate for an animated Spider-Man even before they start looking for it. It'd be a consolation prize for those wanting him to play a high school Peter Parker.

Is J.K. Simmons off limits from reprising J. Jonah Jameson in this movie because of his deal with Disney/Marvel even if he were given the chance?

Why will an animated movie take longer than a ****ing live action movie

Because fully CG movies take ages. In a live action you point and shot. In fully CG movies everything has to be created in a computer. Also, the timing is better for all involved.

I'm laughing at Levitikuz' posts about no one wanting this. It's clear already that many people here are open to this idea. I for one am hyped, even though Avi and Tom should preferrably be out of this project.

I'm laughing at Levitikuz' posts about no one wanting this. It's clear already that many people here are open to this idea. I for one am hyped, even though Avi and Tom should preferrably be out of this project.

Okay, after doing research on Spectacular Spider-Man, Sony's brilliant animated series. I looked at the producer credits.

Avi Arad ... executive producer (1 episode, 2008)

Tom is no where to be found. So Arad and Tom had almost next to nothing to do with that series even on an executive level. Should I be worried?

Last edited:
^ Yeah, Avi Arad's name by itself means nothing. It doesn't mean heavy involvement. Isn't he going to be an Executive Producer for the Marvel one as well?

This could be where they plan on using Savage Land

Probably not. The big takeaway I'm getting from this entire project is it's a Sony solo thing. The Savage Land is a Marvel thing, so they would have to work in partnership with Marvel over it (hooray for the email leaks finally clearing that up, though).

I like that Lord and Miller are involved, but I still think this is a bad idea. It'll just create confusion at a time when maximum effort needs to be placed on the new live-action movie. Yes, I think there are intelligent fans who know that Marvel's involvement means something new, but I think there are plenty of fans who will just say "ugh, the last Spider-Man movie was terrible, why should I see this one?" And the confusion about whether the cartoon is a better choice to see or not won't help.

^ Yeah, Avi Arad's name by itself means nothing. It doesn't mean heavy involvement. Isn't he going to be an Executive Producer for the Marvel one as well?

Probably not. The big takeaway I'm getting from this entire project is it's a Sony solo thing. The Savage Land is a Marvel thing, so they would have to work in partnership with Marvel over it (hooray for the email leaks finally clearing that up, though).

I like that Lord and Miller are involved, but I still think this is a bad idea. It'll just create confusion at a time when maximum effort needs to be placed on the new live-action movie. Yes, I think there are intelligent fans who know that Marvel's involvement means something new, but I think there are plenty of fans who will just say "ugh, the last Spider-Man movie was terrible, why should I see this one?" And the confusion about whether the cartoon is a better choice to see or not won't help.

Marketing will remove any confusing as they heavily push the animated angle. They will almost certainly also push the fact it is a solo adventure.

The Batman animated films have never caused confusion so I doubt it will in this case either.

The Batman animated films have never caused confusion so I doubt it will in this case either.

They're straight to Blu ray and the one theatrical release they had, flopped.

They're straight to Blu ray and the one theatrical release they had, flopped.

That's not related to risks of this to cause any confusion though. Also, I think animated theatrical films are more popular now than in the 90s.

That's not related to risks of this to cause any confusion though. Also, I think animated theatrical films are more popular now than in the 90s.

True.

I definitely think Sony have to present a plot that warrants a big screen treatment, otherwise they may have well have sent the movie straight to blu ray.

I want this **** more than the live action one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"