Into the Spider-Verse Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse

Discussion in 'Sony Spider-Man Spin-Offs' started by Marvel Spider, Apr 22, 2015.

1. shinlyle King of the Haters

Real fan here, Age 38. Loved it.

So, when someone is wrong, as you clearly are, do you know you're wrong, or does it take some time to set in?

Spidey_62 likes this.
  2. shinlyle King of the Haters

What he said.

Spidey_62 likes this.
  3. shinlyle King of the Haters

It's true. And Incredibles 2, while good, was very forgettable. I liked it just fine, but it wasn't the first one.

4. 2kt09 Snyder Rent-Free

5. terry78 My name is Stefan, sweet thang

Regarding that above commentary, I did hear some guy tell the girl he was with when leaving out, "it was ok, but it wasn't a real Spider-Man movie." I was just like...ok.

Spidey_62, Lencho01 and 2kt09 like this.
  6. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

All the above is true. :up: Although I think you’re misunderstanding why some of us want good films to make money. Nearly all of us also want films to be good above all and wouldn't care about the money if it didn't influence the chances of what gets made after. If Spider-Verse made Pixar money we would be getting a lot more of this kind of thing. If it made IW money we would be getting high quality "arty" and experimental stuff like this many times a year. If it made almost nothing then we might not get another Spider-Verse for a long time. Transformers is a good example as they kept pumping out crap until the money finally started drying up and have now been forced to improve. So in the case of crap films we want them to do badly at the box office and the more the better for anything we like. In the case of Blade Runner 2049 we get a beautiful film that loses money and then studios are less willing to take risks like that. :csad: Hopefully Spider-Verse motivates all the other guys to improve the quality of their animation efforts and we all need to support stuff like this as much as possible.

shinlyle likes this.
  7. Sithborg Registered

About the box office, remember, it is the time for miracles.

Jumanji opened to $36 million. Greatest Showman also opened to $8 million domestic. Ended up at $404 and $174 million respectively.

In the face of a massive hit like TLJ. I am very, very confident that Spider-verse will make enough to justify a sequel.

8. 2kt09 Snyder Rent-Free

Bayformers influenced the industry to where we are today with blockbusters, though.
    Animation studios won't stop trying to innovate what was getting stale from 3d animation.

9. David H. We’re not owed anything.

I really wish they’d given Mahershala more screen time (voice-over time?) despite my feeling that he still stood out above Spider-Ham and Nic Cage.

10. antsman41 Unseen Arkham Prisoner

It shows the scene of Troy waking up in the Spidey onesie animated on The Prowler’s television the first time Miles shows up.

11. Sithborg Registered

So, it doesn't seem like they have released Spidey Bells. Someone ****ed up.

12. shinlyle King of the Haters

Oh, I agree. I want GOOD movies to make MONEY so I can have good movies more often. Remember when Spider-man blew up back in the day? We got a slew of films trying to cash in on it. Now, we had to endure Hulk, Daredevil, and the queen of abysmal cash-ins, Catwoman, but we also got Hellboy, Batman Begins, Dark Knight, Hellboy 2, and Spider-Man 2.

As for bad movies, I've known SO many people who always preach that old idiocy of "you can't judge it until you see it". Okay, it's not untrue, but why spend $10 plus concessions to "judge for yourself"? This is why Catwoman thought it would succeed back in the day (shivers).

Yes, I hope Spider-Verse has the legs to really put up some solid numbers in the next few weeks. Honestly, if it can just cross 100 mil domestic, that'll be more than enough to cover the budget, and international numbers will be gravy. Also, I want more of this. Lots more.

13. shadowboxxx Registered

Im sorry but I do believe that a majority of adults over 35 who claim to be true Spidey fans are more intelligent then that.

Some are not, clearly, but my bet is that this movie will do very well.

Tymminator and shinlyle like this.
  14. Kane52630 >>BATNIPPLES INTENSIFIES<<

[​IMG]

15. King_Nomarch Registered

[​IMG]

16. Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

17. Sithborg Registered

I also have to give Sony props. The released a ton of clips, yes. But a lot of them were excellently edited to hide certain things.

The Liv reveal was amazing, and was unexpected. I love it.

18. samsnee Ok

Someone missed the point of the movie.

Anyone who claims anything about true fans is usually wrong.

19. David H. We’re not owed anything.

Only a Sith deals in absolutes.

DaddlerTheDalek likes this.
  20. shinlyle King of the Haters

YES!
    There was the main part of the swinging in the woods scene....wow. Didn't see it coming, and there wasn't any hint of it in the previews! I was worried they were pulling an Amazing Spider-Man 2 and showing us EVERYTHING in the previews. Luckily, that was not the case.

21. Hotwire Dealin' W/ Demons

42 year old real fan who loved this movie! It's always refreshing to me when they can reinvent a character.

22. CB Fan The Watcher

This. I think I read on Forbes that overall Holiday box office works differently as movies tend to have longer legs. Two years ago “Sing” opened with 35 mill and went on to gross around $200 mill domestic around this season.

#1522 CB Fan, Dec 17, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
  23. terry78 My name is Stefan, sweet thang

People keep going to see **** well into January. The thing is that January's getting just as crowded as other months now.

24. Spidey_62 You just don't get it!

Who hurt you so bad? Was it Avi Arad? Brian Michael Bendis? Or just... yourself? :eek:

25. Sithborg Registered

Only because of the holiday holdovers. Jan is usually the time for Oscar bait to expand. I am seeing 2 potentially good sized movies next month, Glass and The Kid Who Would Be King. Only one that I am betting is going to do good business.