Into the Spider-Verse Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse

Discussion in 'Sony Spider-Man Spin-Offs' started by Marvel Spider, Apr 22, 2015.

1. UltimateWebhead Black's the new Red&Blue

Maybe even best film, period.

jasontodd and Inhuman117 like this.
  2. WhoMani Registered

I just came back from watching Into the Spider-Verse and it is incredible. Into the Spider-Verse is my favourite Spider-Man movie and I'm actually excited for sequels. You can tell that the writers really love the Spider-Man universe. I wouldn't mind solo spin-off movies like Spider-Gwen or Spider-Man 2099

shinlyle and jasontodd like this.
  3. Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

More again...

4. jasontodd Superhero Enthusiast

I completely agree. What YouTube video was it? I've been looking for any and every video essay/deep analysis that I can watch on this.

5. TyBig Registered

Lol what

Bendis and Pichelli did exactly this in the first few Miles issues

This differences between the movie and comic version are really not that much. It’s great to prefer one version but no need to exaggerate.

6. TyBig Registered

I mean he did step enough away from Peter that Homecoming lifted things

7. TyBig Registered

The movie took more from Spider-Men than Spider-Verse. I think Spider-verse was used because it was more than just Miles and Peter

8. UltimateWebhead Black's the new Red&Blue

After the fact, yes, I might agree with this.

However prior to seeing the film, I was under the assumption it was based more on the Verse line. And that turned me off.

In the end, I'm happy this turned out so well. I now have one more Spidey related media to look forward to.

shinlyle and King_Nomarch like this.
  9. SomeOldGuy Registered

10. Ninjablade Talk to me, Goose

That's cool. I'll probably skim through it at some point.

SomeOldGuy likes this.
  11. CB Fan The Watcher

Looked at the daily box office for this and it’s been doing pretty good.

12. Another_Fool Registered

Two things. First, I said that I heard this from a podcast on YouTube and my entire post was paraphrasing.

Second, even though it was the podcaster who said it, I believe he's right from what I recall. When did we ever see Miles interact with his old classmates before he went to Visions? We only saw him feeling a little unworthy in issue 1 because of the lottery, but his parents and Aaron tell him to feel otherwise and its kind of dropped. Then in issue 2 Ganke and him hit it off immediately and we don't see the struggle of the switch from the inner city school Miles once attended to Visions. In the film we actually see him quickly interact with old classmates clearly speaking differently than when he codes himself later at Visions. Then we're shown him already starting off on a wrong foot with his classmates and even one of them clown him for having his shoes untied. We then see him not feeling the vibe there and trying to actively fail.

What issue(s) did we see this in from Ultimate Spider-Man because I honestly don't recall.

13. Kuwolski g r u n t - m a n

[​IMG]

Just ordered this.

Seen this masterpiece a handful of times now. Gets better every time.:hrt: The attention to detail is breathtaking. It's not only the best Spidey film for me, but possibly the greatest CBM ever. That's it.

Lencho01, Inhuman117 and Another_Fool like this.
  14. Kurenai Registered

Lmao what does it say that people are trying to so hard to point out issues with the source material but Lord & Miller have done interviews repeatedly saying how close they stuck to the source material.

1. We didn't see Miles interact with his old neighbors b/c his only friend is Ganke. It doesn't take a genius to see that the movie made Miles more extroverted which he only tends to be in the constume not outside of it. Also it shouldn't be so hard to figure out that the scene of Miles interacting with his neighborhood has more to do with showcasing Brooklyn, the diveristy of Brooklyn, and reinforcing that Miles is also latino, amongst some of other things.

(Do the people who actually claim to have read Miles comic not realize that all of Miles friends are people he met in costume when he's being extroverted or by circumstance and that the only friend we know he's had from the beginning is Ganke).

2. Ganke actually knows Miles before they attended the magnet school, this is obvious knowledge that was shown when his series first started.

3. We saw Miles struggling with the guilt about winning this lottery thing and it's not so much dropped as it is overshadowed by his fear of being a powered person which his father hates. In the movie Miles feelings about his school is highlighted more to the point that his resistance to be being a spider person/powered person is put on the backburner but in both scenarios Miles feels pressure to measure up ...in the movie his parents expectations, specifically his father's and in the comics Peter's legacy.

I've only heard 2 podcasts who've tried to pull the whole Miles in this movie is a better developed character than his comic counterpart and rolled my eyes in the process b/c it tells me either those people never actually read his comic or didn't retain the information Bendis already put forth and that they didn't do themselves the favor of listening to at least one interview with Lord & Miller talking about this movie b/c all the claims would not make sense in regards to what Lord & Miller are/were saying.

As TyBig said "prefer one version but don't exaggerate."

#1614 Kurenai, Dec 30, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
  15. Another_Fool Registered

@Kurenai lol so triggered. I see no reason for you to be condescending. Thought I had been pretty respectful in responding to Tybig. Lol.

#1615 Another_Fool, Dec 30, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
  16. Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

You know what it is...

Another_Fool likes this.
  17. Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

shinlyle likes this.
  18. spider-neil spins a web any size!

That shot of Miles falling/rising is now as iconic as the upside down kiss.

UltimateWebhead likes this.
  19. UltimateWebhead Black's the new Red&Blue

I never even thought of it as "he's rising"...that makes this moment even more of an iconic beauty. It's such a simple thing, you gotta wonder how/why it wasn't done before.

And I love how they put a spin on the iconic upside down kiss--MJ hanging upside down instead of Spidey.

20. Kuwolski g r u n t - m a n

Starting to see Spider-Verse pop up on top 10 lists for the year. I wonder if we'll start to see momentum for an actual best picture nom? Either way, this has definitely made it's mark.

Another_Fool likes this.
  21. eon001 Registered

Found this video interesting.
    Short summery...It plays with the idea that Aunt May may have been ex lovers or/and science rivals with Liv/Dr Octopus.

Sony most likely wouldn't go near a LGBTQ aunt May for PR reason.

But I wanted to highlight the science rival thing. If this version of May is a science genius it would mean that she was a science mentor to this version of Parker, and it could explain why she has a pretty awesome Batman style hide out in a bunker under her garden.

Going forward I would love to see this version of May be the Q to Miles James Bond. She can make his web fluids and web shooters etc. Would be a great new spin on the character.

22. CB Fan The Watcher

People in the academy would actually have to watch an animated film which history has shown most of them don’t.

CaptainWagner and shinlyle like this.
  23. spider-neil spins a web any size!

Into the spider-verse has made over 200m worldwide according to Box Office Mojo.

24. Mike Murdock Registered

Thanks for the summary since he didn't seem to get to the discussion at least a third of the way through the video.

It seems a stretch to me. The impression I got from the movie was that Aunt May learned these things because of Peter but, even if it's the other way around that doesn't mean it has anything to do with Livia Octavius.

eon001 likes this.
  25. eon001 Registered

You got to love twitter. Phil just replied to my tweet and confirmed that he was setting up this version of Aunt May to be a Q type character. Didn't say anything was set in stone, but it sounds like he was playing with the idea, and if fans like it, then hopefully they will be encouraged to peruse that idea in the sequel.