Into the Spider-Verse Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse News and General Discussion Thread

I think $300 is a nice solid lock, at the moment. It has a good $50-100 million left in the tank in the US, Japan is easily going to give it at least $30 mil (which is astronomical for Japan).

Before this was released I was looking at Lego Batman for a comparable in performance. So far so good.

I'm not opposed to Mayday showing up, but I wouldn't want her to be Peter B's daughter.

Your more likely to get Annie, anyway.

That's Fanmade but damn cool design and i hope if Venom would appear in the Spin Off or Sequel he will look like this

I love Venom, but I would rather avoid oversaturation with him.

Just saw the film and really loved it! The animation was unlike anything I have ever seen, most of the characters were great, storytelling, the soundtrack and voice acting.

The only aspects I thought could have used more work were more screen time for Spider-Ham, Peni, Noir, and also the villains. Thought Kingpin, Prowler, and
Doc Ock's reveal were well done,

However, Tombstone and Scorpion didn't do much. Aside from that, this was my favourite Spider-Man movie yet! Can't wait for the sequel and the Spider Women spin-off!

9.5/10

Last edited:
The only aspects I thought could have used more work were more screen time for Spider-Ham, Peni, Noir
Yeah, these three had very little screentime and no real standout moments of their own. It doesn't help that they spent a good chunk of their screentime doubting Miles, which made them kinda come off as jerks?

That's an aspect of the movie that could've been handled better, in my opinion.

Good news is that it looks like it is going to pull ahead of Bumblebee this weekend. Spider legs doing amazing.

How are the action scenes and fight scenes? Are the web slinging scenes crazy fun?

How are the action scenes and fight scenes? Are the web slinging scenes crazy fun?

Yes. The animation is gorgeous. Both the character designs and the actual functional aspect. Imo, this film just adds more proof that animation is a better format for a character like Spidey.

The action scenes are stellar. Without spoiling anything...there's an action/fight set piece at a house that is exceptional. Very fun and beautifully choreographed.

My viewing ended a few minutes ago. Such a great film. Easily the most unique superhero movie I think I've ever seen as it had a lot of heart. Can't wait to watch it again.

Was kinda hoping Chris Daniel Barnes would reprise his role as voicing Spidey though. Also, the film grossly overestimated Kingpin's presence as a physical threat. I understand he's supposed to be dangerous but there should be no way in hell that he could get his hands on Spider-Man.

Congrats on the award. Best animated film
DwRVr4wVAAAajLX.jpg

Last edited:
This is awesome that it got the win for Best Animated Feature!!!! :wow::applaud:mrk::pcg:

This movie deserves all the praise and the accolades as its a very unique but well written superhero movie. Happy it won the Best Animated Film

Congrats Spider-verse and everybody involved. Movies don't get no better than this!
Next up. The Oscars baby!

Very happy for its win especially over The Incredibles 2. Hopefully this helps extends its legs at box office.

I thought Prowler had a pretty badass theme whenever he showed up! One of my favourite characters in the film as well!

Well-deserved on the golden globes win, this movie deserves all the awards.

Whaaat? They can do that? Marvel owns the TV rights for Spidey, them selling that back was a big deal in 2009. How can they still be able to have that on the table? I mean I'm sure some more Sony produced Spidey cartoons would be better than what Marvel's been making since 2012. I'd like Spectacular season 3 and TNAS season 2 lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"