Playstation Spider-Man: Miles Morales Coming to PS5

Miles is incredibly endearing in this game. They did an amazing job bringing this character "to life" so to speak. This game has only demonstrated how, if done right, Miles could lead his own film series that could be as successful as a Peter Parker Spiderman film series.
Well I think the Spider-verse movie already has shown that.

I only got to play like 30-45 minutes or so but yeah this is good. Can’t wait to see if this goes where I already believe it will go.

How much better is it than the previous game?

It sounds like a glitch. Probably needs patch.
nope was not a glitch it is a setting for those who have disabilities you can make it set up so you and the various people good and or bad show up as diff colors we were able to disable that setting all good now.

After beating Miles, I jumped into Spider-Man remastered and made Sony knocked it out of the park with this remaster. this also gives me the chance to play the DLC. As I said, I was very deep into RDR2 when the DLC dropped, plus I heard from a lot of people they weren't anything all that special, but now I have an excuse to play them. Such a great way to kick off the PS5.

Also, I'd just like to say that Miles first debuted in the comics when I was 18, and at that point I wasn't really reading Spider-Man anymore so in 2018, Insomniac are the ones who really got me into the character along with Into The Spider Verse.

Last edited:
Also, I'd just like to say that Miles first debuted in the comics when I was 18, and at that point I wasn't really reading Spider-Man anymore so in 2018, Insomniac are the ones who really got me into the character along with Into The Spider Verse.

Both Insomniac and Spiderverse both did a wayyyy better job with Miles than the comics ever did. Universe implosions, confusing continuity, and a bunch of other crap that normally comes with comics made it almost impossible for us to see a good version of Miles in the comics.

How much better is it than the previous game?
I'm not done with it yet, but so far in terms of story I'd put the first game ahead of it and in terms of overall fun I'd say they're about equal.

I'm not done with it yet, but so far in terms of story I'd put the first game ahead of it and in terms of overall fun I'd say they're about equal.
I'd agree. I think the gameplay improved in this one overall too, even just on my PS4 Pro.

Finished the story earlier tonight. Loved it. Insomniac knocked it out of the park again. Miles felt like his own unique character, flavor, etc.

I can't wait for the actual sequel and as much as I enjoyed playing as Miles in this one, I hope the sequel is pretty much all Peter. I wouldn't mind if Miles is off on a school trip or something.

I just love these games so much, for anyone saying it's not worth the price, I'd disagree. It's not THAT short and there's still plenty to do.

After beating Miles, I jumped into Spider-Man remastered and made Sony knocked it out of the park with this remaster. this also gives me the chance to play the DLC. As I said, I was very deep into RDR2 when the DLC dropped, plus I heard from a lot of people they weren't anything all that special, but now I have an excuse to play them. Such a great way to kick off the PS5.

They've made a great contribution to Spider-man lore.

Both Insomniac and Spiderverse both did a wayyyy better job with Miles than the comics ever did. Universe implosions, confusing continuity, and a bunch of other crap that normally comes with comics made it almost impossible for us to see a good version of Miles in the comics.
Its actually kind of amazing (pun intended) how Miles has been able to break through the mainstream. I’ll be honest, I didnt think Bendis’ Ultimate creation was really gonna go anywhere and may have been a little gimmicky, but the character has really earned his place in the Marvel Universe lore as a worthy second Spider-man.

I can't wait for the actual sequel and as much as I enjoyed playing as Miles in this one, I hope the sequel is pretty much all Peter. I wouldn't mind if Miles is off on a school trip or something.
I wouldn't be surprised if they just continue to branch Miles games off of the main series Peter games. There's room for both and people seem to have generally embraced it. That way the Peter games are still completely Peter-focused with Miles as a supporting character and vice-versa.

I wouldn't be surprised if they just continue to branch Miles games off of the main series Peter games. There's room for both and people seem to have generally embraced it. That way the Peter games are still completely Peter-focused with Miles as a supporting character and vice-versa.
that's what I'm hoping.

I'm not sure what villains they could use for potential Miles sequels. I really thought they would have done more with Prowler in this one and I honestly didn't mind the change they made to The Tinkerer. It worked for the story

I'd agree. I think the gameplay improved in this one overall too, even just on my PS4 Pro.

Finished the story earlier tonight. Loved it. Insomniac knocked it out of the park again. Miles felt like his own unique character, flavor, etc.

I just love these games so much, for anyone saying it's not worth the price, I'd disagree. It's not THAT short and there's still plenty to do.
Nice. Thanks for the info guys.

I've been so damn impressed by what they've done. Miles is now a favorite of mine!

Its so refreshing to see Peter in the mentor role also. And its not like Peter is like this this 30-40 something veteran thats been doing this forever, he’s still himself a young kid in his mid twenties but he’s mature and wise beyond his years. His chemistry and mentorship with Miles is so wonderfully refreshing to see.

Its actually kind of amazing (pun intended) how Miles has been able to break through the mainstream. I’ll be honest, I didnt think Bendis’ Ultimate creation was really gonna go anywhere and may have been a little gimmicky, but the character has really earned his place in the Marvel Universe lore as a worthy second Spider-man.
Yeah, I’m really glad what they’ve done with him. It feels like he’s here to stay now.

Yes, I hope they keep doing it like this. It works well. There’s room for both of them here. People have shown they are up for this kind of thing after Spider-Verse too and I wouldn’t mind seeing Spider-Gwen as a playable character down the line.

I think SM2 is gonna be a GTA 5 type situation. Where you get to play as Peter, Miles, maybe even Harry as Venom.

I'm not really surprised. Its easier for legacy characters to breakthrough/market than non legacy characters that were introduced in the 2000s and 2010s... I mean just look at Harley Quinn, Kamala Khan, X-23... And I don't think superpowered GwenStacy would have been that popular if she ended up as Butterfly Gwen.

just started NG+ today after a few days on Spider-Man Remastered, but this time on performance mode. I still prefer fidelity but man the 60FPS is gorgeous.

Last edited:
have they added an option to turn off the automatic web zip reticle? Not a game breaker, but I'd like to admire the scenery without that thing popping up all over the place

At this point it is what it is, its not like after all this trouble Insomnia is gonna revert back to the old face. They knew it was gonna be controversial but they have to stick to their guns. We’ll all get used to it......eventually.

At this point it is what it is, its not like after all this trouble Insomnia is gonna revert back to the old face. They knew it was gonna be controversial but they have to stick to their guns. We’ll all get used to it......eventually.
Sucker Punch changed Cole's face in Infamous 2 but changed it back after overwhelming criticism. Spider-Man is obviously a much bigger IP than Infamous but I am just saying this type of reactive business decision has happened before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"