Playstation Spider-Man: Miles Morales Coming to PS5

Late to the party, but this was pretty enjoyable. The differences in Miles' animations from Peter's are appreciated and the smaller scaled story fits for a tighter narrative. I'm really not crazy about the idea of a Spider-Man tag team as I wish there was more of a distinction (and I'm a stubborn [what I've seen referr3ed to as a] Parker loyalist), but I'm more of a fan of Miles now. Into the Spider-Verse didn't hurt there either. The Venom power is pretty fun and has enough variety to wane off some combat fatigue/repetition.

Thank the Maker for no Screwball and lesser demanding completion requirements for challenges. The latter actually inclines me to Gold Star all of them, where as before it was more of a chore.

I really liked the swinging animations, but personally I thought the combat animations looked really ugly this time. I know it is on purpose because Miles is inexperienced, but maybe they over did it because the flow doesn't feel good. I hope they make new animations for the more experienced Miles in the next game

Yeah, the swinging animation are what I was primarily getting at. There's a good amount of free-flowing to it with nonchalant acrobatics that nails webslinging to me. I didn't notice much about the fight animations other than the finishers being standout (not at level of Pete in the main game, but still). Combat isn't as seamless as Pete either, but I chalked that up to less gadgets here, me being a bit out of practice with the system and maybe a bit hesitant to incorporate Venom skills as much as I should have early on.

Looks like they'll be adding two new suits from No Way Home for the Miles Morales Ultimate Edition Remastered Spider-Man PS5 version. You can see them in action in the beginning of the trailer.

Spider-Man: No Way Home suits are coming to Insomniac’s Spider-Man remaster

How naive of me to think that they were done adding more suits to the game before Spider-Man 2 comes out. They can also throw in Tobey's Wrestling suit and Andrew's TASM1 prototype suit and TASM2 suit for the sake of completionism.

Last edited:
That's pretty dope they're still adding stuff. Too bad we never got the ASM2 suit, but always surprised when developers do cool things like this.

That's pretty dope they're still adding stuff. Too bad we never got the ASM2 suit, but always surprised when developers do cool things like this.
Never say never. Insomniac seems to be all in with including as many suits as possible. We might see the TASM2 suit down the line. I'm also willing to bet we'll be getting the Raimi Black Suit with Spider-Man 2 since the symbiote will come more into play there.

Never say never. Insomniac seems to be all in with including as many suits as possible. We might see the TASM2 suit down the line. I'm also willing to bet we'll be getting the Raimi Black Suit with Spider-Man 2 since the symbiote will come more into play there.
Oh I wouldn't be surprised to see it in the sequel, I was more just referring to the first game. I kind of expect almost all of the previous suits to appear, and I'm excited to see what they add. Especially with the black suit coming into play and the different variations it's had over the years.

One of the things that I'm really hoping for in the sequel is the ability to port over all previous costumes from the first game and MM. It's not a dealbreaker but it would be a hell of a nice touch.

It will be interesting to see if we get all the suits from the first game in spiderman 2 or what ones care over. Its pretty nuts with the free suits that have been added including the 2 from NWH and also the dlc ones I think the game has like 42 suites now its a lot. Because of that I tend to switch suits a lot has its just a lot of fun to play with different suits and switch a lot even though there are several that I would say are like the better ones. Like someone else said I want the Amazing spiderman 2 suits its such a perfect suit.

Prediction after a no way home comes out we will get amazing spiderman suit at some point in the remaster.

I wouldn't be surprised if the ASM2 suit is coming, but they're just keeping it secret until NWH actually comes out.

No spoilers, but this is me to Insomniac in regards to more movie suits post-No Way Home:

giphy.gif

No spoilers, but this is me to Insomniac in regards to more movie suits post-No Way Home:

giphy.gif
If we do get those two suits, I'd bet on Christmas. Either of them would probably make me play this game all over again.

Last edited:
If we do get those suits, I'd bet on Christmas. Either of them would probably make me play this game all over again.
I hope so.
Now that it showed up in No Way Home, the TASM2 suit is just a matter of when than if, and I believe it'll be soon. But what I want almost as much as that is Peter's new suit from the end. There are three empty slots now in the suit menu, so I'm willing to bet that the TASM2 suit and the NWH ending suit will be available.

Last edited:
I hope so.
Now that it showed up in No Way Home, the TASM2 suit is just a matter of when than if, and I believe it'll be soon. But what I want almost as much as that is Peter's new suit from the end. There are three empty slots now in the suit menu, so I'm willing to bet that the TASM2 suit and the NWH ending suit will be available.
What would the third suit be?

Taking control of Miles Morales is more fun than playing as Peter Parker.
That Miles does not babble during fights is an added bonus, cause I've heard Peter's comments way too many times through multiple replays they got pretty old.

Last edited:
Those are probably critiques they took into consideration.

picked it up with the combo of the remastered for PS5 Spider Man for 43 bucks shipped way cheaper than the 70 it sells for at most game stores, score!

picked it up with the combo of the remastered for PS5 Spider Man for 43 bucks shipped way cheaper than the 70 it sells for at most game stores, score!
It's still $70 at retail? I'm surprised since it's been out for a while but on the other hand it's one of the best and most popular games that the PS5 has to offer at the moment so there's that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"