Playstation Spider-Man: Miles Morales Coming to PS5

[laughs in Nintento]
Ha! There's a line from the lawyer in Jurassic Park when bringing up admission costs for park visitors where he says, "We can charge whatever we want. $2,000 a day, $10,000 a day and people will pay it." That's basically how Nintendo operates with their games. In the rare event one of the big games is on sale it's never by that significant of an amount.

Never been a huge fan of legacy characters but this game is single handedly making me a fan of Miles.

Never hated Miles but Itsv made me love him. This game added to that majorly

Ha! There's a line from the lawyer in Jurassic Park when bringing up admission costs for park visitors where he says, "We can charge whatever we want. $2,000 a day, $10,000 a day and people will pay it." That's basically how Nintendo operates with their games. In the rare event one of the big games is on sale it's never by that significant of an amount.

See, the problem with this logic is that it conflates a lack of discounts with an increase in prices. Nintendo charges the exact same baseline MSRP as every other company in the business. Choosing not to apply discounts as aggressively as most other companies is *not* the same thing as raising prices arbitrarily high. Put bluntly, you the consumer are not *owed* a drop in MSRP just because x amount of time has passed from release.

Also, in what world is a 33% sale not a "significant" amount? In most businesses you don't get discounts higher than that unless people are clearing inventory or its a loss leader, neither of which is especially relevant here.

See, the problem with this logic is that it conflates a lack of discounts with an increase in prices. Nintendo charges the exact same baseline MSRP as every other company in the business. Choosing not to apply discounts as aggressively as most other companies is *not* the same thing as raising prices arbitrarily high. Put bluntly, you the consumer are not *owed* a drop in MSRP just because x amount of time has passed from release.

Also, in what world is a 33% sale not a "significant" amount? In most businesses you don't get discounts higher than that unless people are clearing inventory or its a loss leader, neither of which is especially relevant here.
My point was that no matter how long they've been on the market, you never see Nintendo games on sale for $20 as you would for Playstation/Xbox games in their "Greatest Hits" or "Player's Choice" collections.

My point was that no matter how long they've been on the market, you never see Nintendo games on sale for $20 as you would for Playstation/Xbox games in their "Greatest Hits" or "Player's Choice" collections.

And yet, despite that lack of discount, Nintendo games regularly sell insane amounts, and continue to sell strongly for months or years after the release window. They don't discount the games because they don't need a discount. Sales and price drops do not exist to benefit the consumer, they exist to benefit the company by goosing sales or clearing inventory.

Finished the story last night and man the ending for this nearly got me emotionally as much as the first game. The writing for these games is just great stuff and so many times throughout this game I found myself saying 'Thats Spiderman' despite Spider-Man always being Peter Parker to me.

These games have made me a Miles fan for sure. Bring on the sequel.

So fall means within the next 2 months.

SM:Remastered last month, UC4 Collection next month and MM in November or early December... What a great way to end the year that started with GoW.

Sony has been the best PC publisher this year, ironically. :hehe:

$60 CAD? So it would cost me $130 CAD for both SM:R and SM:MM...

Sony, thanks for the ports but not at these prices. :funny:
Guess they’ll go on sale at some time? I want to try the mods lol.

Guess they’ll go on sale at some time? I want to try the mods lol.
Sales will come sooner than later, for sure. The lowest Canadian price for SM:R was set earlier this month at $56 (down from $70).

Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered - Info

I wish they would release a bundle with both games at a decent price similar to the Uncharted Legacy of Thieves collection. :shrug:

Sales will come sooner than later, for sure. The lowest Canadian price for SM:R was set earlier this month at $56 (down from $70).

Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered - Info

I wish they would release a bundle with both games at a decent price similar to the Uncharted Legacy of Thieves collection. :shrug:
Yeah, I’d rather get both as a package. Going to want to play them one after the other.

Honestly I liked having the break between both games. Though the first game was still plenty fresh for me once I started MM.

The two games complement each other perfectly. When MM was announced I was thinking it would be kind of like an extended DLC but with a few added features and improved graphics. What we got exceeded my expectations because I was totally blown away by the swinging mechanics being an improvement over the first game.

about 25% done with this game and so far it is without a doubt one of the best visually looking games I have played to date plus i love how fast it loads I am into the game SECONDS after starting the game from the dashboard I wish ALL games loaded this fast wow!

Not long at all. If it meets that date it’s as early as I could have expected.

Really can't wait to see more from this game thought MM was a great advancement of the first game.

I guess they're sticking to the same release schedule as the first game, around early September. Probably for the best since the first half of 2023 seems particularly crowded for games.

After 2 1/2 years, I finally played this. This game took forever to drop its price. I got it for less than 24 dollars during this month's Days of Play sale. But it was already next on my shopping list so i was gonna buy it anyway regardless of its price.

NYC here is great. I didn't really check the city that much because I was always doing something, and I always just used the web slings to go the next point quickly because this is a Spider-Man game. But when I walked through the streets, the details put into the environment are amazing and I didn't even spend a lot of time free roaming. This is a short game but they built an open world that can be a back drop for a really long narrative game.

My favorite thing about this is probably the combat. It is just very fluid even though I suck at dodging at times. My main criticism for this game is the lack of villains. They had 3 and one of them is a recycled villain Rhino, who wasn't even interesting and written well. I just don't get why they limited this to three antagonists. Super villains is what was missing in this game and there is no cool villain in this.

I thought I would have a big problem with how short the game is. I finished the game in less than 1 week. In 2 days, I already got 48% completion. But I had fun playing this so I can't complain much. Though the content imo, isn't worth $60 to $70. I got 100% and despite the extra activities, it feels like a side game compare to Spider-Man 2018 and imo, Insomniac could have made this an equal to that game, rather feeling like a side game that was sold for a full price. The game feels like a prelude to Miles Morales' role in Spider-Man 2.

After 2 1/2 years, I finally played this. This game took forever to drop its price. I got it for less than 24 dollars during this month's Days of Play sale. But it was already next on my shopping list so i was gonna buy it anyway regardless of its price.

NYC here is great. I didn't really check the city that much because I was always doing something, and I always just used the web slings to go the next point quickly because this is a Spider-Man game. But when I walked through the streets, the details put into the environment are amazing and I didn't even spend a lot of time free roaming. This is a short game but they built an open world that can be a back drop for a really long narrative game.

My favorite thing about this is probably the combat. It is just very fluid even though I suck at dodging at times. My main criticism for this game is the lack of villains. They had 3 and one of them is a recycled villain Rhino, who wasn't even interesting and written well. I just don't get why they limited this to three antagonists. Super villains is what was missing in this game and there is no cool villain in this.

I thought I would have a big problem with how short the game is. I finished the game in less than 1 week. In 2 days, I already got 48% completion. But I had fun playing this so I can't complain much. Though the content imo, isn't worth $60 to $70. I got 100% and despite the extra activities, it feels like a side game compare to Spider-Man 2018 and imo, Insomniac could have made this an equal to that game, rather feeling like a side game that was sold for a full price. The game feels like a prelude to Miles Morales' role in Spider-Man 2.
At the time of release I thought the $70 price tag was fair for the PS5 Launch Edition that also comes with the PS5 remaster of the first game since you were essentially getting two PS5 games for the price of one. But IIRC the standalone Miles Morales for PS4 was $50 at the time of release but I could be wrong on that one.

At the time of release I thought the $70 price tag was fair for the PS5 Launch Edition that also comes with the PS5 remaster of the first game since you were essentially getting two PS5 games for the price of one. But IIRC the standalone Miles Morales for PS4 was $50 at the time of release but I could be wrong on that one.
It was the standard $50 dollars for ps4 games. The only ones more eXpensive is the new ps5 games. And since Days of Play is over, its probably back to its original price in my local store. I miscalculated the dollar conversion.

It was the standard $50 dollars for ps4 games. The only ones more eXpensive is the new ps5 games. And since Days of Play is over, its probably back to its original price in my local store. I miscalculated the dollar conversion.
In general most new PS4 games are $60 but I think Miles Morales was $50 from the start because it's a shorter game.

about 25% done with this game and so far it is without a doubt one of the best visually looking games I have played to date plus i love how fast it loads I am into the game SECONDS after starting the game from the dashboard I wish ALL games loaded this fast wow!
Yeah I'm playing Guardians of the GalaXy right now and in comparison, Miles Morales loads like in 5 seconds. It is that quick.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"