Playstation Spider-Man: Miles Morales Coming to PS5

Very excited for this one. I didn’t expect the sequel to feature Miles.

There's a miles edition ps5... thats the one I'll be getting lol.

I wonder if they are going to use well known villains for this and not save it for Spider-Man 2.

Meh. I didn’t care for how whiny he was in the first game. I’m sure I’ll get it for the gameplay but may put it on mute.

I can’t wait to see Insomniac’s take on The Prowler because he’s a must obviously lol.

I'm guessing they are using the samemap from the 2018 game and not eXpand it?

I want to see the map. I want to swing around Brooklyn.

I want to see the map. I want to swing around Brooklyn.
Has Brooklyn been confirmed? It'd be awesome if it was but beyond that since it's only been less than two years since the first game I'm more or less expecting the same map from the first game but with better graphics/new weather patterns.

I think Brooklyn would be a good idea. Assuming this adventure takes place over a night, might be a good excuse as to why Parker isn’t helping. There aren’t a lot of iconic buildings in Brooklyn though.

I don’t expect the map to be different, of course would love if it expanded.

Read some comments comparing this to Uncharted’s Lost Legacy and I think that’s the best example of what this game is going to be.

Just realized this AND Square’s Avengers comes out later this year. Shall be a great year for Marvel Games.

Nobody really expected them to do a smaller scale spin-off next like this instead of the full-fledged sequel right away but it's pretty smart for a lot of reasons: slowly expands the scale and scope of the games instead of us just jumping into the next one with the playable Peter and Miles everybody expected with Miles also learning the ropes all the while. Instead he gets the spotlight being thrown into things on his own like Peter did starting out.

Narrative-wise that will definitely be a great way for Miles to shine as a character because he doesn't have Peter around to help him or play second fiddle. It's kinda like him starting out in the comics with Peter being absent (dead there), but he still has his own solid motivation here with his dad's death instead of relying on Peter dying.

Here it's like we'll get to have the cake and eat it because everybody will get both characters and we'll get a story next time with two likable Spider-heroes we've both spent plenty of time with that get to team up together, all the while Sony sells more PS5's out the gate (and ensuring even more down the line, probably) and gets to put out more titles with the popular license.

As far as speculating what villains might show up, that's an interesting thing to think about. Prowler is probably a shoe-in. Bombshell might be a good candidate also. Can't really think of any other villains at the moment. Can't really think who the purple tech people he fights in the trailer might be working for (I mean the purple does make one think Prowler).

Obvious DLC being sold full prize smh

Oh come on we dont know like how long/big this game is and it could be like a $30-40 game instead of 60. Insomanic did that with like ratchet and clank into the nexus.

I like expanding in this way, yes.

I think Brooklyn would be a good idea. Assuming this adventure takes place over a night, might be a good excuse as to why Parker isn’t helping. There aren’t a lot of iconic buildings in Brooklyn though.

Does Brooklyn even lend itself to web slinging? I feel you would be going from finding the tallest skyscraper in Manhattan to dive off of to finding the tallest brownstone.

Fantastic news! I’m so glad people have come round to Miles. Is this the first time we’ve ever seen a console launch promoting a game with a black and/or Latino lead?

loved this tweet by the way

So this will essentially be an arkham origins type thing? I'm so hyped!

Brooklyn is different from 20 years ago. They have quite a few skyscrapers now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"