No Way Home Spider-Man: No Way Home General News & Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS)

Topher ain't in it cause they have plans for a different Venom lol

Yeah whereas Spidey is big enough to have multiples running around without people getting confused, I think they want to avoid multiples of his villains. With Dock Ock and the others that are coming back, they've basically decided to make those versions the de facto versions in this continuity, at least for the time being. Whereas with Venom they probably still haven't worked out whether they'll bring in the Tom Hardy version or make a brand new version or what.

I don't think anyone was a fan of Topher Grace's Venom but I do appreciate his sense of humor about the whole thing with that Reddit post.

what reddit post?
screen-shot-2021-09-20-at-1-54-43-pm-png.49276

Well yeah, that was always the obvious indication.

It's strange how often people like to say this despite clearly not being true.
Tony to Peter in Civil War: "It's hard to believe she's anyone's aunt." later on he makes the comment about Peter having an "unusually attractive aunt"
Tony in Peter's video at the beginning of Homecoming: "Hey Aunt May, how are you doing? What are you wearing? Something skimpy, I hope!"
Bodega Owner in Homecoming: "His aunt is a beautiful Italian woman!"
Also the scene where Peter and May are in the Thai restaurant and the waiter gives her the free meal because he finds her attractive.

I was kind of exaggerating about her being a punchline but that's four instances right there. Not to mention all she basically did in Far From Home was flirt with Happy.

Tomei hasn't had much to work with characterization wise which is definitely understandable criticism.

I'm very curious to see that scene with May being interrogated though. Hope she has more material to work with this time around, even if it isn't that much more than the previous movies.

It’s funny because both actors have qualities that I’d like to see in the ideal live action Eddie Brock. Hardy has the imposing physical nature down and Topher played a great slimeball that you’d expect from the character.

neither of them really did it for me, but there are solid qualities in both.

Tony to Peter in Civil War: "It's hard to believe she's anyone's aunt." later on he makes the comment about Peter having an "unusually attractive aunt"
Tony in Peter's video at the beginning of Homecoming: "Hey Aunt May, how are you doing? What are you wearing? Something skimpy, I hope!"
Also the scene where Peter and May are in the Thai restaurant and the waiter gives her the free meal because he finds her attractive.

I was kind of exaggerating about her being a punchline but that's four instances right there. Not to mention all she basically did in Far From Home was flirt with Happy.

Not to mention the lingering shot of her ass in FFH. The joke has always been "guys what if Aunt May was hot??"

With that said, I do think she had good scenes in Homecoming.

It’s funny because both actors have qualities that I’d like to see in the ideal live action Eddie Brock. Hardy has the imposing physical nature down and Topher played a great slimeball that you’d expect from the character.

neither of them really did it for me, but there are solid qualities in both.

I feel like either of them could take from the other and turn in a much better performance overall. Like, I've seen Topher when he's shredded and I've seen Tom actually act.

no, you were on point to say that her attractiveness is a punchline in this franchise. The MCU version of Aunt May really ruined the character in my opinion

It bothers me too. It was funny in Civil War when they first introduced her, but three unfunny jokes about that in Homecoming was just ridiculous. Like we get it, can we move past that?

I feel like the only thing I know about this May is that she's hot and lots of guys hit on her.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"