Spider-Man: No Way Home General News & Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Spider-Man: No Way Home' started by flickchick85, Feb 24, 2021.

1. Nardz937 In The Chill Of Night

2. Chip Chipperson the big guy

Finally, some delicious new content with our 3 Spider-Men

3. Arachnerd The White Portuguese

4. mclay18 Registered

Tobey looks pretty relaxed and respectful. Not very diva-ish behavior.

PBisawsem2B likes this.
  5. kguillou Registered

Tobey sounds like he genuinely enjoyed getting onboard with this which is heartening to hear.

6. DyeLorean will return

That was a great interview, good questions, honest answers we've been waiting for.
    These guys will get back together on the big screen at some point, I have no doubt about it.

KaijuDude1992 and Arachnerd like this.
  7. Arachnerd The White Portuguese

It would be a complete waste not to explore that brotherhood again. They had such good chemistry.

And Tobey's comments about resolutions is worded quite peculiarly, so not sure if that means anything.

8. Closerframe Registered

I would have been okay with variant Mysterio coming through to face Strange, even for a brief bit just to show the threat of the other villains getting in forcing Peter to decide on making everyone forget who he is. Then again, they would have had to add another 10 mins to the runtime and it could have undermined GG’s villainy.

9. GuestStar2004 Registered

The film has broken the box office. Course Sony will do another crossover.

Who knows maybe Marvel have a secret wars event planned.

If anything Sony are now looking at the spiderverse potential.

#12859 GuestStar2004, Jan 27, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2022
  10. BatLobster Trailer Timewarper

Maybe it's just me, but I almost took that as sort of an acknowledgement of some of the 'trouble' he's gotten into the years (IE the gambling stuff) and how his reputation took a hit. It seems to me like he was reconnecting with the morality of the character a bit, and wanting to embody that more in his own life. I even felt the line "trying to do better" in the film was somewhat of a nod to that.

I could be completely off, but that's what my friend and I were discussing after we saw the movie. It just struck us that way.

11. DyeLorean will return

There's still a lot of crossover potential, specially if Tobey and Andrew could interact with the greater MCU (Thor, Guardians, etc), and considering those characters haven't been exposed to these big cosmic heroes, there's a lot of exciting interaction and interplay that could be explored. And there's still Venom, Morbius, Daredevil, X-Men, Fantastic Four... who knows what else. The possibilities are truly endless.

12. GuestStar2004 Registered

I do think Marvel are planning the next Infinity War/End Game event. And it makes sense to me at least that Marvel would go full multiverse with it. Whats bigger than bringing all the heroes together for EndGame? Bringing all the heroes from the multiverse of Marvel cinema to team up.

#12862 GuestStar2004, Jan 27, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2022
  13. The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

now release a new poster featuring our three Spider-Bros !!!

kguillou, KaijuDude1992 and Arachnerd like this.
  14. Asr Registered

Spider-Man with Hardy's Venom and/or Leto's Morbius would make sense, naturally. Personally I'd like to see Andrew Garfield's in that case.

One crossover I'd like to see that you didn't mention is Spider-Man and Deadpool. Again, would like to see Garfield doing that too.

Basically I just want Garfield playing Spider-Man again for all the things!

15. Closerframe Registered

I think Garfield has more potential of getting his own solo project again (or at least having a major role in Venom) than Maguire, but I’d love to see both interact again in the future. Not sure what Madame Web will involve, but I could see them both showing up there or saved for Secret Wars.

16. kguillou Registered

Ok I’m gonna be that person guys, i know we’re all riding that high from the movie and the sheer joy the three Spider-men teaming up but…honestly guys are three concurrent ongoing Spiderman movies REALLY what we want? Isnt that just too much? Ive always been a strong believer in “too much of a good thing is not good for you.” It makes it less special if we’re getting that special thing ALL the time, wouldnt you agree? I mean look what happened to Star Wars.

I dont want Tobey and Andrew and Holland to have three separate competing Spiderman movies running at the same time, that is just over saturation and a recipe for disaster. Holland’s our Spiderman now and after where this film left him i REALLY wanna keep following his story and see what happens next. Lets let this movie be the closing chapter on the prior two. I’m not opposed to maybe having the three team up happen once more maybe way down the line but lets not spam a special thing.

Spider-Fan and Venom 1988 like this.
  17. GuestStar2004 Registered

Thing is to expect Holland to carry another 3 solo's and crossover projects is alot. And he has already had what could be considered a good run with the character with 6-7 movies down.

So in a sense, using other spider-men does keep material coming without exhausting each individual talent.

Honestly after NWH i think Sony could end up using Toby and Andrew for different projects. Since what NWH did was set up a multiverse. And look how that multiverse paid off when brought together? Look at the box office? Its like The Avengers but with just Spider-men. And you think they won't want to do this again?

18. kguillou Registered

But again, is that not too much? I mean are we talking a Spiderman movie every single year rotating between Tobey, Andrew and Tom? I dont know how i feel about that. Thats just begging for people to get tired of…Spiderman. NWH put Holland’s Peter in a place we all wanted him to be and tell the kind of stories we’ve all wanted to see. The sky’s the limit from here. I think they have every intention of continuing THIS Peter’s story for the foreseeable future. Diluting it with competing stories of Tobey and Andrew just…seems like too much to me.

Venom 1988 likes this.
  19. herolee10 No More Miracles

If Tobey and Andrew were to reunite with Tom again for another MCU film, do you guys think Sony and Marvel would pull a bold move by killing off one of their characters?

20. GuestStar2004 Registered

That would depend on many factors. It probably wouldn't be a quick throw-out-there idea to kill off one of the spider-men.

21. Da-Scribe he/him

[​IMG]

Chip Chipperson likes this.
  22. Spidey_62 You just don't get it!

They can do pretty much anything right now and people will go, it's just gotta be good and people will keep going.

23. Vaibow Registered

It opens up the possibility of 'what if' in Garfield's world, there is Thor, Hulk, etc same for Tobey... they can just introduce any well known character and say - oh I am iron man of earth whatever... and have so much fun with it...

Which leads me to this question...

I feel in this movie they really missed something special...

Imagine the the portal opens and sat there, eating Chinese on a rooftop is Jake Johnson, in his spider-verse outfit - a real life version.... he gets up and is like, "Yeah I am Peter Parker" when questioned by the others looking in and then next to him could be Miles played by whomever.

I feel they missed a trick there.

24. Vaibow Registered

Another Spiderman movie for Tobey, or Andrew will be successful if they show it the same respect..
    I wonder if they use Venom for one of them.... I guess Garfield is that character... both dark enough to compliment each other.

25. herolee10 No More Miracles

This is Sony that we're talking about. If they can't make a good Venom film after two attempts, does anyone really expect them to deliver on another Spider-Man film without Feige's involvement?