No Way Home Spider-Man: No Way Home General News & Discussion Thread (TAG SPOILERS)

We were certain of a few things. Still nothing confirmed. Is shooting even finished? Seems like a hit if stretched release date. They should move it closer. Drop it this summer. Maybe September tbh.

We were certain of a few things. Still nothing confirmed. Is shooting even finished? Seems like a hit if stretched release date. They should move it closer. Drop it this summer. Maybe September tbh.

Filming wrapped at the end of March. I don't see them releasing it sooner than December. Venom and Shang-Chi are already set for Sept and studios aren't in a rush to release anything sooner even if the film has been finished for awhile. They're going to wait out for audiences to be comfortable going back to the cinema.

There haven't been any actual rumblings of Tatiana Maslany. My thought is Charlie Cox or neither at this point. There was a lot of smoke and some credible sources reported it before they walked it back. Since then, we've had fewer credible sources. One of those hit and miss sources was very confident of the precise time filming occurred. At this point, I think they've finished filming any plausible scenes and we're pretty much not going to hear anything else. So we won't know for certain until the movie comes out.

The Daredevil rumour has been floating around for ages ever since Kevin Smith said something about it. Though that was later contradicted, but with the revelation that this film would include other characters previously outside the mcu it made people pay more attention when the rumours started again.

I hope it's true. Even if it's just a cameo, because it means we could potentially see Kingpin at some later point also.

I dont think Feige wants to cross pollinate the Netflix stuff since he didnt oversee that whole initiative. I think Feige is fully aware that Cox’s Daredevil was very well received but I think he will most likely want to do his own MCU interpretation of the character down the line. Bringing Cox in inadvertently brings all the baggage from the Defenders series.

UNLESS they are doing what they did with JK Simmons and saying, “screw it, people love this actor as the character, we’ll bring him back to play an entirely new interpretation of the same character.”

UNLESS they are doing what they did with JK Simmons and saying, “screw it, people love this actor as the character, we’ll bring him back to play an entirely new interpretation of the same character.”

I'm hoping it's this. I don't care if they abandon the backstory from the Netflix show as long as we get the same actor back. Same for Vincent D'Onofrio.

Also I think it would look bad to get yet another actor in for the Punisher. That character has had so many actors and with so many in the role it suggests that each one before it failed.

It would be interesting to see how Cox, Beranthal or D’Onofrio would play their roles in the MCU. Those guys were so intense in their Netflix roles, they would have to tone it down several botches for the MCU.

Just think of it like Christopher Lee playing Dracula multiple times on the big screen. All those films weren't sequels to one another but just a new interpretation starring the same actor.

Or Judi Dench as M in the Brosnan Bond films and then in the Craig ones.

Just think of it like Christopher Lee playing Dracula multiple times on the big screen. All those films weren't sequels to one another but just a new interpretation starring the same actor.

Or Judi Dench as M in the Brosnan Bond films and then in the Craig ones.
Yeah exactly

Plus they pretty much already went this route with JJJ (like JD in the Bond films). So I don't see a reason this method couldn't apply to more/any characters at this point

I don’t think there would be any major problems with Cox playing the same version that he played on the Netflix show for the MCU. The Netflix series don’t really have any major continuity issues with the MCU that would come if you, for say, were to bring Hugh Jackman back to play the same Wolverine he played on the Fox films and retroactively canonized those movies as part of that MCU.

That being said, If Feige wants to have Cox play a rebooted version of the character then I’d be fine with it.

I don’t think there would be any major problems with Cox playing the same version that he played on the Netflix show for the MCU. The Netflix series don’t really have any major continuity issues with the MCU that would come if you, for say, were to bring Hugh Jackman back to play the same Wolverine he played on the Fox films and retroactively canonized those movies as part of that MCU.

That being said, If Feige wants to have Cox play a rebooted version of the character then I’d be fine with it.

Agreed. There is honestly no reason for it to not be the same one. It isn't like Iron Fist where people disliked the series. Everyone loved it, and they won't do another origin story. So there really is no point to not have it be the same Matt from the show

I'm of the opinion that the Dr. Strange sequel and the next Spider-Man movie, are going to have a dramatic impact on the MCU. What can you tease about that, if anything?

WALDRON: Oh boy.

Without getting yourself in trouble.

WALDRON: You're right. I think that you don't bring Sam Raimi on to make a movie unless it's going to be a big movie.

Excerpt in the interview where NWH is brought up.

I will believe the rumors of Charlie Cox being in NWH, When I see a trailer or ad which features him. Until then, just another of a thousand rumors.

Especially since it sounds like he really is just a borderline cameo.

We could get lots of cameos like DD, Publisher, Hobgoblin...

Man, if they play their cards right, Spiderman NWH and DS2 could be an absolutely epic one-two punch that could rival Infinity War and Endgame. Both movies are shaping up to be big, ambitious, gamechanging event films. I was very disappointed with DS 1 but from the sounds of it, Raimi's DS 2 sounds like its going to be WILD.

I'm not gonna lie, I'm kind of starting to appreciate the secrecy right now. Because when that trailer drops and the whole Internet inevitably goes absolute bonkers over it, the wait will feel all the sweeter.

Usually toy leaks would happen back in the day and all kinds of stuff like that, the lid is pretty tight on this one! Even FFH we saw Mysterio's costume leaked in photos.

Man, if they play their cards right, Spiderman NWH and DS2 could be an absolutely epic one-two punch that could rival Infinity War and Endgame. Both movies are shaping up to be big, ambitious, gamechanging event films. I was very disappointed with DS 1 but from the sounds of it, Raimi's DS 2 sounds like its going to be WILD.

These may be epic, but not IW/EG epic? No Way. This doesn't match 11 years and 20+ films of work

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"