Spider-man/Peter Parker - Tom Holland

Discussion in 'Avengers: Endgame' started by Iceman, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Speed Force Zemo Cut > Snyder Cut

Dude, start tagging your posts for spoilers. This is at least the second time I've seen you do this.

I've already seen the film, but it's not fair for others who haven't

2. Gaha Registered

Did I hear correctly?

When spiderman saw ironman again near the end of the movie. Peter said that after he had turned to ashes, he met Doctor Strange and many other heros in another world/dimension. Doctor Stranger told them to wait there for going back.

3. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

No.

I think the obvious interpretation is that the people killed by the Gauntlet in IW resurrected where they had been turned to dust. So Peter and Strange were on Titan, another world.

This MIGHT be a nitpick simply because if Strange could open a portal from Titan to Earth well... It brings up some issues I think. Regardless... No Peter and the others were not in some other dimension or in the soul stone. I think they were just dead and once alive again, Strange was, through his power and mystical insight, able to gather the forces necessary for the final battle.

4. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

I really love this young Peter Parker in the MCU. The legit youthfulness of the character makes him endearing. Sure... I wish he had a bit more edge but the way they are using him this works out so well. You feel for him when he's up... And you REALLY feel for him when he's down. This movie belonged to the core team but there's no denying how the audience reacted when Spidey showed up again. It's like... Yeah... The Marvel U is back to face you Thanos. Suck it! You couldn't kill all hope! And that's what Peter was in this film. An extension of the hope that Tony and the Avengers bring to the world.

However... Yeah the way this all shook out as much as I LOVED this film... I just don't know... So five years passed. I assume that Ned and conveniently enough, ALL the rest of Parker's High School mates were dusted as well. And now... The MCU Earth is a world where for five years BILLIONS of people were dead and now they are alive? And in FAR FROM HOME essentially the world is more or less the same? It's... it's just too big of an event for me to forget that this world has gone through. Non one wants to bring too much "realism" into these things and that's why the "unrealistic" idea from the source of everything being reversed just works better because now I have to buy into a world where half the population just disappeared then five years later reappeared and the world just keeps spinning? It's lucky that in those five years the world wasn't even more of a mess. There should be strife, religious and ethnic conflict, gigantic political, financial, and social upheaval. But... Nah, Peter Parker is gonna go to Europe and it's exactly as it would be before the snap.

I can't swallow that. This along with the timey whimy stuff at the end is something I have a hard time accepting, as much as I loved this movie.

5. ragingdemon155 Registered

I don’t understand why the character is still disrespected. It’s at times like people have no grasp of his powers. I’ve said this before in this topic and Ive Always argued with people over the years about the charcacter. When you honestly sit back and objectively look at his brains, powers, abilities and skillset how is he not one or the deadliest characters in Marvel. I still don’t get why he’s portrayed in the same physical level of other characters . This is a character is so far beyond the level of the Wolverines, daredevils , captain Americas and so on...I really hope he gets a chance to cut loose in his movie and show the general audience just how amazing his skill
    Set is but he’s either been severely underpowered for the MCU or they truly don’t understand his powers... .

Lol
    I’m not even sure why I spoiler
    all that

6. samsnee Ok

How 'Avengers: Endgame' impacts 'Spider-Man: Far From Home'

As Endgame reaches its conclusion, we see the surviving heroes returning to their lives — in some cases five years after dying in the Snap.

Half a decade has passed since Tom Holland’s Peter Parker gasped, “Mr. Stark, I don’t feel so good,” but when he returns to the halls of his high school, he sees a familiar face: his friend Ned Leeds (played by Jacob Batalon).

Shouldn’t all his classmates have graduated by now? Yes and no.

“So… Ned disappeared as well,” Joe Russo tells EW. “That’s the two of them seeing each other for the first time after having disappeared.”

One of the things that future Marvel movies will deal with is how characters who have been absent for five years are trying to fit in again with a world that has moved on.

Some fans have speculated that Far From Home will rewind the timeline, taking place before the Snap, especially since the trailer includes Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson) telling Peter, “So nice to finally meet you… Spider-Man.”

But wouldn’t they have met at Tony Stark’s funeral? Even if Fury and Parker hadn’t spoken, why does Peter seem surprised to know that the spymaster knows his real identity?

It’s likely this is a marketing misdirect. It sounds like a slight break in the dialogue before he says “Spider-Man,” and Marvel has proven that not everything in its trailers is actually in the movies.

7. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

Setting everything else aside, in the MCU? No, Spider-man is not "so far beyond" the level of Captain America. He has consistently been portrayed as in the same rough physical tier as Cap, Bucky, and T'Challa. All of whom are superhuman, with varying configurations of strength speed and durability.

8. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

As for Far From Home, I suspect that one of its major functions will be as an epilogue to Endgame, to help establish the new status quo from the ground level perspective.

jolldan likes this.
  9. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

I don't know... There's been some wonky moments where Cap has shown excessive strength but I I don't think Panther or Cap could match that feat of lifting the ruble in HC.

10. ragingdemon155 Registered

That’s pretty much my point. Spider-Man is displayed as in that class when he should be far beyond it physically. If you’re going to sit and tell me that the mcu character is different then his comic book counter part and much weaker then that’s a different story. But if we are just basing it on who the characters are at their core as established through out their history.... Spiderman should be far beyond that level.

Granted the MCu universe is completely different and the power levels don’t apply because captain America is doing arm curls with helicopters. So in this universe he’s had a severe power buff.

11. Shikamaru Registered

I think the idea is supposed to be that when Banner brought everyone back without undoing the five years, he wished everyone back in such way it wouldn't cause any major issues. I mean, having the Infinity Gauntlet practically makes you God. You can technically do this sort of thing.

I'm on the same page as you that it's a problem. Still, I think the Banner idea turns it from a complete cluster**** to a silly plot contrivance. I can at least swallow it going forward.

12. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

Why should Spider-man automatically receive an upgrade, just because other characters did? It is not core to his concept that he is more-superhuman-than-thee. He is still massively stronger and faster than any normal human character. There are just certain characters who are not in that category anymore.

13. ragingdemon155 Registered

I didn’t say Spider-Man should receive an upgrade. The team just needs to understand the character better. Just use Spidermans powers effectively ...From a power/ability standpoint he should be massively stronger, faster, and have reflexes far superior to the panthers, caps and buckys if we are just basing it on the core characters as they are through out history. It’s inconsistent but that’s the nature of these movies or superheroes in general at times. You have him easily over powering Bucky and yet Captain America is yanking him all over the place with his own webs lol.

Again it’s the MCU and I’m assuming the same rules don’t apply because the power levels are all over the place with Cap specifically looking like he’s on par with Thanos at times.

14. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

So, what you are saying is "Yes, they should give Peter Parker a massive buff, because it is really important to me that he still be massively superior to certain characters".

15. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

It nice to see that super hero team ups in live action inspire the same "Why didn't hero X, MY fave, not simply dominate this story and every character in it" reactions as comic books do.

16. ragingdemon155 Registered

Lmao always and forever . I don’t think comic fans will ever grow out of that lol. I was thinking to myself damn this is turning into that. All that’s missing is an old school “Character vs Character” topic now ....

17. jolldan Registered

Favourite Spidey moment of Endgame was insta-kill, the fact that even irriates a few fans makes it even better lol.

#42 jolldan, May 9, 2019
    Last edited: May 9, 2019
  18. Schlosser85 A Very Stable Genius

Tom Holland needs to be Peter Parker for as long as possible.

19. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

@jolldan
    Just an FYI that's a bootleg image and that is infractable here on the Hype. I suggest removing it before the mods take action.

The recent gifs around here were made from the offically released youtube and TV spots.

That one is not in that category.

20. ragingdemon155 Registered

This.....

So true. Hopefully he sticks around and they extend the contract for him. Wouldn’t mind seeing him age with the character over the years.

21. ragingdemon155 Registered

Lol I was one of those fans. Not because I had an issue with him “killing” like other people did. I really didn’t. I just would have preferred seeing him bounce around with some pretty moves over just sitting still with his suit doing all the work lol.

22. jolldan Registered

Yeah I could legitimately see him getting 5 movies before an eventual Sinister Six if they even still want to do that, the kid is only 22. Hope they offer him big money to return because now that Cap & Iron Man are gone I think he will be one of their most popular.

Lol tbh I understand your gripe then. It was the ones of people losing it with the "I CAN'T BELIVE PETER KILLED!" that annoyed me. The outriders were just goons, alien murderous goons.

ragingdemon155 likes this.
  23. Schlosser85 A Very Stable Genius

People love him, he’s obviously gung-ho about it, it’s should be a no-brainer to hang onto him as long as they can.

24. ragingdemon155 Registered

He’s extremely popular. His popularity actually really surprised me. He can carry this next phase the way Chris and Robert carried the last.

jolldan likes this.
  25. Schlosser85 A Very Stable Genius

He’s great interacting with fans and kids too.