Spider-man/Peter Parker - Tom Holland

Discussion in 'Avengers: Endgame' started by Iceman, Oct 16, 2018.

1. jolldan Registered

Yeah taking a look at his IMDB I think the only future project that could be a worry is Nathan Drake if that takes off could see that spawning a few sequels but how often is it a video game movie succeeds?:funny:

Yeah there are some people you can tell have genuine love for the character they are portraying and Holland has that in spades.

2. Schlosser85 A Very Stable Genius

I think part of why people love him so much is you can tell he’s just a kid getting to live his fantasy of being a superhero. He seems just very genuine.

3. ragingdemon155 Registered

Yea I didn’t understand the problem. I could see if these were humans or maybe more human like lol...but people were really going off about that instant kill situation for the wrong reason. I’m like who cares about the moral reasoning at that particular moment and situation. These are like sadistic satanic creatures lol.

I think that last battle was tailor
    made for Spider-Man and his abilities...and would have been nice to display him a bit better then just using instant kill lol. But whatever , I’ll take whatever I can when it comes to the character .

KaijuDude1992 likes this.
  4. The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

I agree, I'm looking forward to seeing how they will bring him towards the maturity and leadership role going forward in the MCU. Spider-Man has been the flagship face the Marvel Comics for a very long time, I don't think it's a coincidence that the MCU had Tony take him under his wing as a mentor. It's clearly a setup for Spider-Man to take his place. Hopefully Sony partnership with Disney remains in tact for Tom Holland to be in the MCU for a significant amount of time.

5. ragingdemon155 Registered

I do understand the issue some fans including myself have with this character though. However, Tom Holland isn’t the problem though. I feel like Homecoming did him a disservice because of how useless he came off and downright incompetent. Feels like the character had almost regressed from what he showed in civil war . Hopefully he shows a bit more progress through out the next movie.

I really want Tom Holland to get better material to work with and I hope they realize the gem they have in him. He has connected with the audience in a way that I feel was lacking with the past versions of The character

6. ragingdemon155 Registered

People seem to quickly forget because of the MCU that Spider-Man is the flagship character. The popularity of Iron man and company skyrocketed due to some amazing casting, performances and constant amazing movies. Now you have the general audience actually believing that those characters are the flag ship marvel characters.

I still choose to believe that Marvel is Spider-Man’s playground ....maybe I’m just in the minority though . Lol

7. The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

This genius marketing by Disney

KaijuDude1992 and Webfoot Hero like this.
  8. herolee10 No More Miracles

Honestly, as long as the deal between Marvel and Sony remains in tact, I do think that there is a good chance that Spider-Man could be positioned as being one of the new leading figures in the next phase for the MCU.

Like I mentioned elsewhere, unless something drastic changes in her sequel, I don't see Carol becoming the new leader to the next generation of Avengers like some had speculated due to her being more committed towards helping those across the galaxy as opposed towards operating on just Earth.

Of course, I don't know on how Sam's new mantle of being the next Captain America will shake things up but I feel like Peter will become a cornerstone for the next lineup of Avengers.

9. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

As a huge Spidey fan I was obviously hoping for a bit more of him, but I get the story reasons as to why we didn't, and he still got a few great moments in the final battle.

The instant kill thing didn't bother me as the outriders are pretty much brainless, savage creatures in the movies compared to the comics.

10. ragingdemon155 Registered

His best moments were his initial return because of the pop he got from my crowd. Like it’s been said already Tom Holland has found a way to Connect with the people. Another great moment is the shot of him swinging with the group after when the camera pans out to show everyone running after “Avengers Assemble”.

Another moment that happens pretty quickly and it’s hard to catch because so much is going on is when the group finally clashes with Thanos and the battle is starting ....He has a pretty neat quick swing sequence ending by kicking one of the outriders as he passes by.

11. samsnee Ok

Yeah it's going to be great to watch this at home and being able to rewind and catch all the little things they threw in the final battle you miss seeing in the theater.

12. The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

I'm really happy for Tom Holland that he gets to portray Spider-Man in his hometown of London England. That's a heck of a privilege for any native actor who gets to work in his town on a big movie. Can't wait to see Far from Home July 2nd IMG_20190522_082301.jpg

13. KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#63 KRYPTON INC., Jun 2, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2019
  14. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

I can’t see Holland wanting to give up being Spidey anytime soon. Hopefully deals can be done to keep him in the MCU as long as possible.

15. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Good point. I would also love that chance if I was an actor.

16. herolee10 No More Miracles

Honestly, I really wish that we could have gotten to see Peter establish an student-mentor relationship with Captain America as well so that he would have acquired knowledge from both Steve and Tony.

17. Schlosser85 A Very Stable Genius

18. Schlosser85 A Very Stable Genius

19. The Caped Knight Shield Avenger

#69 The Caped Knight, Oct 3, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2019