Spider-Man (PS4) - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://twitter.com/Nerd_Leaks/status/723176120963584002

This is from the same guy(s) who apparently revealed details about God of War IV taking place in Norse mythology, among other stuff.

It's been too long since last leak. Here's one.
Sony is working at "Untitled Spiderman PS4 Project". Trailer incoming (E3 2016?).

There are also rumors about this being Sucker Punch's next project (the team behind the inFamous titles).

http://www.dualshockers.com/2015/02...lling-characters-in-its-unannounced-ps4-game/

What do you think? Great if true, if you ask me!

Spider-Man 2
Ultimate Spider-Man
X-Men Legends 1 & 2
Ultimate Destruction
Ultimate Alliance

Those were the God-tier superhero videogames back in the pre-Arkham days. :')

Quoted for absolute truth.

QUOTE=Slick;34718057]I liked that FF game better then the movie lol. Did you like Ultimate Alliance 2?[/QUOTE]

Lol definately better than the movie. Yeah I liked UA2 a lot! Gameplay was simplified compared to MUA but I really enjoyed the story and the graphics were pretty good. Reminded me a lot of XML1. Of course it had no chance against Arkham Asylum which was groundbreaking.

QUOTE=Slick;34718057]I liked that FF game better then the movie lol. Did you like Ultimate Alliance 2?

Lol definately better than the movie. Yeah I liked UA2 a lot! Gameplay was simplified compared to MUA but I really enjoyed the story and the graphics were pretty good. Reminded me a lot of XML1. Of course it had no chance against Arkham Asylum.[/QUOTE]

Yeah bad place no but still fun. Damn this is taking me back. Did you play The Darkness? It was based on a comic. It's one of my favorite game adaptations.

Lol definately better than the movie. Yeah I liked UA2 a lot! Gameplay was simplified compared to MUA but I really enjoyed the story and the graphics were pretty good. Reminded me a lot of XML1. Of course it had no chance against Arkham Asylum.

Yeah bad place no but still fun. Damn this is taking me back. Did you play The Darkness? It was based on a comic. It's one of my favorite game adaptations.[/QUOTE]

I played the demo back in the day (2007?) and remember liking it, but never got the full game for some reasons.

Speaking of Marvel games on last gen,Spider-Man 3 was pretty disappointing after SM2 and USM.
Web of Shadows had good gameplay but everything else was subpar.
Wolverine,MUA2 and Shattered Dimension were a blast for me.
Edge of Time had a very good story and voice acting.
Heck,I even got some fun from X-Men Destiny and Deadpool.
Really enjoyed The Amazing Spider-Man. The sequel was barely mediocre though.

Insomniac's Spider-Man looks to be on a whole another level and I can't wait to see more of it.

I'm so happy! They weren't kidding about aiming for AAA titles!

Yea we might finally be getting a wave of AAA Marvel games and I couldn't be more stoked.

They already said next announcement we'll get about is in 2018. So we'll be waiting for sure.

That's because 2017 is the year Spider-Man PS4 opens up on us.

I honestly think this Spider-Man game will be coming out this year. I know a lot of people are saying there needs to be more marketing for it but, the fact of the matter is, does it really? I mean with E3 trailer alone look at how much press/buzz this project has gotten.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is Inomniac's highest grossing/most sold title. (Let's be real, that shouldn't be a surprise.) If Insomniac's past track record is anything to go off of...they love to release their titles in the fall quarter. (Granted there have been a few that released in the early quarter of the year: Fuse and Ratchet & Clank: PS4) But I'd be willing to bet it releases this fall.

Plus, while they're saying they have no intention of pushing out in time with the film, which is a great opportunity to piggyback off of. However, that's never really been Insomniac's style. Sure they did it with Ratchet and Clank PS4 but, that was intentional. I think what a lot of people don't know is, Insomniac likes to take their time and craft great experiences.

I think the only game that really felt the heat/pressure was Fuse...everything else has been top notch/AAA. They won't release a product if they're not comfortable with it and, while delays are very few and far between for them, they'll admit when they need more time on something. Not to single Beenox out but, I feel they really tried to meet the window with ASM2 and kind of botched the little potential there was for that installment.

I have high hopes for this title. I was playing Spider-Man 3 the other day and it dawned on me...it's pretty sad that an archaic web-swinging system, from PS2, has yet to be topped or even matched today. Especially with all the advancements in technology. If there is one studio who could potentially deliver and break this mold, it'll definitely be Insomniac Games. Their attention to detail/gameplay is some of the best in the industry.

They'll give us what we're looking for. The only thing I'd say that could be somewhat in question is the story. But, if I recall correctly, Marvel is helping develop it so, I think we're in for a real treat.

Fuse was probably EA's fault. Insomniac's original Overstrike concept was far more interesting.
I'm thinking a November to February release window for Spider-Man.

I think the only game that really felt the heat/pressure was Fuse...everything else has been top notch/AAA. They won't release a product if they're not comfortable with it and, while delays are very few and far between for them, they'll admit when they need more time on something.

Oh thats not true. Insomniac ias a great devleoper but they've had their clunkers. Ratchet and Clank: All For One for example was terrible. Full Frontal Assault wasnt too good either

Fuse was probably EA's fault. Insomniac's original Overstrike concept was far more interesting.
I'm thinking a November to February release window for Spider-Man.

There's no way it'll be released during 2017 when we are seemingly getting first proper gameplay footage as late as june (E3). Spring/summer 2018 is more realistic

First Avenger - You're right, EA probably did have a sleight hand in the direction of that title.

Havok - Definitely forgot about those titles...honestly, I never played them, I had no interest. That being said though, they were handled by a smaller team if I'm not mistaken. I think the Durham studio worked on them and, possibly the Burbank studio helped a little. I just know that at the time Insomniac was simultaneously working on projects. While Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus was being made, the Burbank studio was handling Sunset Overdrive.

There's no way it'll be released during 2017 when we are seemingly getting first proper gameplay footage as late as june (E3). Spring/summer 2018 is more realistic

I wouldn't say that's necessarily true, but yeah 2018 feels pretty realistic. I really just want to see it at E3. That first trailer left me with so many questions that i can easily wait until 2018 if I just get some damn answers.

Oh thats not true. Insomniac ias a great devleoper but they've had their clunkers. Ratchet and Clank: All For One for example was terrible. Full Frontal Assault wasnt too good either

To be fair All For One is a party game and FFA is a tower defense game. They aren't proper main line games so I could see why they would suck.

Last edited:
To be fair All For One is a party game and FFA is a tower defense game. They aren't proper main line games so I could why they would suck.

All for One isnt a party game. Its an action based Ratchet game with an emphasis on co-op. FFA was a tower defense game but that wasnt why it sucked bc there are plenty of great tower defense games. It just wasnt good.

All for One isnt a party game. Its an action based Ratchet game with an emphasis on co-op. FFA was a tower defense game but that wasnt why it sucked bc there are plenty of great tower defense games. It just wasnt good.

Party or not the gimmick was co-op. A game you could enjoy with your friends. It was nothing to be taken too seriously and is essentially a stop gap game. If Insomniac were fully invested in it like they were with the Future series it could have possibly been a decent game. But they weren't because it isn't a mainline game. Same with FFA. Ofc they'd suck because these are games for us in the meantime while they secretly work in the back on the real focus.

Party or not the gimmick was co-op. A game you could enjoy with your friends. It was nothing to be taken too seriously and is essentially a stop gap game. If Insomniac were fully invested in it like they were with the Future series it could have possibly been a decent game. But they weren't because it isn't a mainline game. Same with FFA. Ofc they'd suck because these are games for us in the meantime while they secretly work in the back on the real focus.

So? It is what it is. Those games didnt need to exist but they made them anyway and the quality was poor. Ive seen plenty of franchises change genres and push out amazing titles but that wasnt the case here. You can rationalize ad explain why they sucked but the point remains. Their material has been hit or miss. Mostly hit, but not everything they have touched was gold. They arent like a ND that has not had a misstep since Uncharted 1. Heck I'll even say the very overrated Resistance 1 was not a great game and people only flocked to it bc it was a launch title and there wasnt much else to play

So? It is what it is. Those games didnt need to exist but they made them anyway and the quality was poor. You can rationalize ad explain why they sucked but the point remains. Not everything they have touched was gold. They arent like a ND that has not had a misstep since Uncharted 1. Hheck I'll even say the very overrated Resistance 1 was not a great game and people only flocked to it bc it was a launch title and there wasnt much else to play

They do suck and I was just explaining the logical reason as to why those two games sucked. I was trying to ease your worries for the upcoming Spider-Man game, if you had any because I just assumed from your initial post.

They do suck and I was just explaining the logical reason as to why those two games sucked. I was trying to ease your worries for the upcoming Spider-Man game, if you had any because I just assumed from your initial post.

I dont have any worries for Spider-Man. I have the full confidence that this game will be nothing less than amazing. My initial post that you quoted was a response to a specific post, not some global feeling I have towards Insomniac as a whole

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"