Spider-Man (PS4) - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first Spider-Man game was Maximum Carnage, arguably the only decent game published by LJN. My fondest memory from it was the rooftop rumble with "The Mob Rules" playing in the background. Good times.

My first was probably The Animated Series game for SNES, but my fondest memory is from Spider-Man (PS1).

That game was hard to get in my town and I believe I got the last copy when I did. I was really happy. That game just had it all.

Spidey games aren't known for boss battles, but Hyper-Electro in SM2 (PS1) is probably the most memorable one for me.

Spider-Man 2 (PS2) is still king in terms of mechanics and overall gameplay. The dialogues between Peter and Black Cat are among my favorites in the whole series.

Spider-Man 2 (PS2) is still king in terms of mechanics and overall gameplay. The dialogues between Peter and Black Cat are among my favorites in the whole series.

Best Black Cat in any of the games.

Spider-Man on ps1 is still a special experience for me.Spider-Man 2 gameplay was so good when it came out. Ultimate added great graphics and story but simplified gameplay a bit too much,it was still great. Gameplay was also the only thing Web of Shadows had to offer and it got very repetitive. Shattered Dimensions and The Amazing Spider-Man had solid gameplay too and I felt were very good games given all the rrstrictions Beenox had to face.

Spider-Man ps4 will probably be the best of them all.

I kind of feel like starting a conversation for "discussions sake" but...

What is the most fond memory you have playing a Spider-Man game? It could be anything...

- Boss battle
- Level
- Mechanic
- Dialogue

etc etc

The reason I bring up this topic is because, last night I was watching Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 2. As I'm sure everyone is aware, the movie starts off with Peter trying to deliver pizzas on time and switches into costume so he doesn't have to deal with traffic. For whatever reason, I had a PTSD flashback of trying to deliver pizzas in Spider-Man 2. haha

I have to say, that was a fun side mission to play. It really tested your web-swinging capabilities and, on top of that, they were pretty harrowing missions. If anyone can recall, you'd get graded based on how well you could keep the pizza from flopping around in the carrier.

Man I tell you, there were times when I'd get almost the perfect delivery and, out of my control, Spider-Man would land a certain way and go into an automatic roll animation. GAH! That used to infuriate me. haha Especially when you're doing the later missions that, realistically, you could only achieve success if you had the perfect momentum/groove.

I really hope obscure missions like that are included in the PS4 game. It's fun to have something that "challenges" the player but, at the same time, kind of just gives you a breather from everything else.

What do you guys think?

Spider-Man (PS1) was my first ever Spider-Man game but I have equally fond memories of Enter Electro, especially the boss battles. My most fond memory of Spider-Man games is however the free roam swinging in Spider-Man 2 on PS2. The most fun locomotion in pretty much any game in my opinion.

There is a new interview with Bill Rosemann in the latest Game Informer.

C9uZIWgXcAA2ZKU.jpg

C9uapDQUIAQNlDt.jpg

C9uad1nUAAA0lle.jpg:large

C9uagIfVoAApYey.jpg:large

C9uaiEKVYAIbRn9.jpg:large

Credit:
https://twitter.com/DuckDucked/media

Yeah, but the fact that he's talking about it that much before it's even close to being released shows some level of confidence in the project. They seem to be taking great care to do this right.

This is going to be the next evolution for Marvel. They want to do it right this time.

Not really any new information either. But E3 is only a month and 22 days away

I'm trying really hard to be casually optimistic about this. I'm not super hyped yet, but I'm also kinda weary right now. The majority of Spidey games have been pretty underwhelming, though it definitely appears they've got more control and support then previous devs.

I'm trying really hard to be casually optimistic about this. I'm not super hyped yet, but I'm also kinda weary right now. The majority of Spidey games have been pretty underwhelming, though it definitely appears they've got more control and support then previous devs.

Well the fact that Insomniac is one of the best developers out there should make you feel better.

Not really. The only game of theirs I've liked was the Ratchet and Clank reboot. I'm sure the game will have great production values at least.

I can't really speak for Insomniac because I haven't played any of their games, but I was really disappointed when it was revealed that Sucker Punch was not behind this. Can't wait to see what they do with this though.

I can't really speak for Insomniac because I haven't played any of their games, but I was really disappointed when it was revealed that Sucker Punch was not behind this. Can't wait to see what they do with this though.

Just a theory: perhaps Sucker Punch was considered to do this game but they couldn't because they're working on something big at the moment. Something, that'll be revealed in E3... (fingers crossed for a new SP Sly game)

Last edited:
Just a theory: perhaps Sucker Punch was considered to do this game but they couldn't because they're working on something big at the moment. Something, that'll be revealed in E3...

Sucker Punch is first party which is why I never thought they were a serious contender for this game despite initial rumors

Not really. The only game of theirs I've liked was the Ratchet and Clank reboot. I'm sure the game will have great production values at least.

Most Ratchet games,Resistance,Sunset Overdrive,Spyro. They are all regarded as great games.

Last edited:
It'd be cool to trip there. I hope this game can take us to a few places besides New York.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"