Spider-Man (PS4) - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you guys think the game is nearing the final stages of development, considering the ongoing studio-wide playtest?

I would say so but they probably have to do tons of bug testing. Little bit more to go

They should put lots of work on the gameplay animations specifically, that was a major drawback in all the Beenox games. The amount of authentic flow will make or break a Spiderman experience

That's one aspect that floors me with Rocksteady's "Arkham" games. I've been playing Arkham Knight since it's release...doing the combat rooms because those are fun to pass the time. It's crazy that, even after playing almost three years, there are still animations I haven't seen during combat. They did a phenomenal job perfecting the look and aesthetic of Batman's fighting style.

I'd be happy with 9 hours in a story based game like this. That way there's is more forward momentum and the game can have few well developed set pieces. Arkham games were pretty much perfect in terms of story length.

I'd be happy with 9 hours in a story based game like this. That way there's is more forward momentum and the game can have few well developed set pieces. Arkham games were pretty much perfect in terms of story length.

I would like longer then 9 hours because that is kind of short and I prefer games to be longer because I find once you beat a game it is a lot less fun to play. But with that said the Arkham games where only like 12 hours but if you did the side missions in city, origins and knight then that added a lot more time and if you did the riddle stuff then the game became much much longer. Then you also had the combat rooms that really helped replay ability has they are so fun to play. If this game is only around 9-12 hours for main story then hopefully it has a lot of side stuff to do like the Arkham games.

They should put lots of work on the gameplay animations specifically, that was a major drawback in all the Beenox games. The amount of authentic flow will make or break a Spiderman experience

The game director said they have been adding new iconic animations since E3.

I don't care how long the story is. The most important point for me in a Spidey game is the open world in terms of traversal mechanics and stuff to do in. If they don't have that I'm not interested.

I really hope they went all in in terms of procedural content for us to toy with. One thing I loved about the 3rd Spidey movie game was the fact that crimes could evolve on the fly. I think that's something no other Spidey game had: fight a few criminals and their leader/one of them takes off in a getaway car. You chase him down (and beat him up) or follow him at a distance to his hideout where you can wipe out the remaining gang members.

Given it's game template is clearly the Arkham Games, one has to be confident the sub-game side mission / large undercurrent main story with stealth / group kickings / easy pick offs dynamic will be the order of the day, combine that with a traversive, breathing New York and that's a sell for me.

I dreamt that I was playing this last night... God, it was **** :o

Sorry not sure what you mean because it was censored. Was it good or bad? Not sure if you mean the Sh word or something else

Sorry not sure what you mean because it was censored. Was it good or bad? Not sure if you mean the Sh word or something else

Probably negative. We had to endure one too many horrible open world Spidey games. I still can't believe we might get the one to end them all this year. One can only hope.

Well, my brain interpreted it as being the new game, but it was essentially TASM2 :p

Probably negative. We had to endure one too many horrible open world Spidey games. I still can't believe we might get the one to end them all this year. One can only hope.

How many terrible Batman games were there?

The game director said they have been adding new iconic animations since E3.

that's good to hear

do you think it's safe to say that the next bit of gameplay shown will be almost, if not exactly like the finished version?

I'm already looking forward to an eventual sequel featuring the Green Goblin. :o

that's good to hear

do you think it's safe to say that the next bit of gameplay shown will be almost, if not exactly like the finished version?

I mean they were playtesting the whole game last week within all the studio, so they are probably in a very good position right now. I just hope we get something soon.

BTW I'm playing Sunset Overdrive and it made me 1000% more excited for Spidey. The traversal is god-tier and the game is so.dang.fun.

I'm already looking forward to an eventual sequel featuring the Green Goblin. :o

I'm looking forward to Goblin being the main villain of this game. I'm hoping that Mister Negative is just red herring.

Christos Gage said on Twitter there are also 5 more classic supervillains yet to be revealed.

I loved the fight with Vulture in Web of Shadows. Soaring over NYC was awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"