Spider-Man (PS4) - Part 3

Discussion in 'Sony' started by Thread Manager, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Thread Manager

Thread Manager Moderator

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]537605[/split]

2. Thread Manager

Thread Manager Moderator

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is [split]523115[/split]

3. Spider-Aziz

Spider-Aziz Raul Boston's Dish Gaunt

4. socool

socool True

Found this half hour long developer walkthrough of the demo. Didn't plan to watch the whole thing because I've watched the demo at least a 100 times already but every few minutes he would do something new and I ended up watching the whole thing haha

The sheer number of unique combat mechanics is incredible. We get to see what Bryan was talking about with slamming a webbed up enemy to the ground and he instantly sticks...except he did it to the wall, which is just 10x cooler. There's a bunch of other little things, too.

If anyone is interested:

[YT]CeQ6Syd-ofk[/YT]

5. TheWallCrawler

TheWallCrawler hero or a menace?

^^ on 6:19 there's another jump down off empire state building. when he swings at the end the momentum is not right, it looks too slow. and when he's dropping down there is no visual effect but the next dive right after suddenly there is that wind in his face effect or whatever

how did they manage to mess this up?

6. Gil-Galad

Gil-Galad Active Member

I love how this game looks at magic hour. Gives me that Sam Raimi feeling and scope. And the one world trade center looks great. It's almost bittersweet.

7. Galactus123

Galactus123 Well-Known Member

That looks amazing. The city look huge at 6:22. Can't wait to play this! Is there a video with Spidey climbing top of the One World Trade Center?

8. Random490

Random490 Well-Known Member

The video was from a demo that was available at E3, only a portion of the map was available, which appears to be the center of Manhattan(Empire State Building) so no footage of Spidey on top of One World Trade Center.

I was keeping an eagle eye out for Avengers Tower and saw what I believe was the Metlife bulding, so it appears it's not located in the same spot as the MCU.

9. Mandon Knight

Mandon Knight Always a slacker....

Pause at 6:07. Tears.....

10. zenith16

zenith16 Well-Known Member

this is what screen rant put up on my twitter feed. we'll see if it happens.

[​IMG]Screen Rant?Verified account
    @screenrant
    9m9 minutes agoMore
    [​IMG]
    Spider-Man PS4 Easter Egg Confirms Daredevil

Jun 13, 2018
    An Easter egg found in the promotional material for Spider-Man on PlayStation 4 confirms the existence of Matt Murdock aka. Daredevi
    Read more

source: https://https://screenrant.com/spider-man-ps4-daredevil-easter-egg/?utm_content=buffer15d57&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_source=SR-TW&utm_campaign=SR-TW

I still wish the makers of sleeping dog's were around. In a way they are, but they aren't answering the studio name of united front games. but they'd be perfect for dare devil game.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  11. Kuwolski

Kuwolski g r u n t - m a n

Not to try and introduce objectivity to this, but I assume the lack of the visual effect is to not ruin the picturesque cityscape as he's falling. Conversely, I'm guessing the use of the effect is more prominent the closer he gets to pavement. I won't pretend to have expertise on this matter, so I'm sure you are correct and Insomniac just f-ed up these obvious details....

12. Kuwolski

Probably my imagination, but I hear Avengers-like cues in the music starting around the 20 second mark. Hmm. Probably just reaching though.

[YT]xew1WivOfC4[/YT]

13. Ninjablade

Ninjablade Jumping From Planes

Based on the general area you can see it in in those videos, it doesn't appear to be where it's placed in any other media. Though it doesn't appear to be that far from where the Avengers Mansion is supposed to be.

14. Spider-Aziz

I like how it looks fully rendered in that view.

15. Kuwolski

This looks like the most fun game in a long time. As much I like dystopian/survival games, they've run their course for me.

16. socool

socool True

Actually agreed. I noticed that too. Jumping off the Empire State Building should have more impact, but it's very bleh. Probably my one actual complaint haha But in no way a deal breaker for me personally.

And who knows--the next 2.5 months are polish and bug fixing, so maybe it'll be slightly improved ;)

ALSO I will say: I've lived in New York all my life. Manhattan itself for several years. I know that city. Insomniac has managed to perfectly capture it's feel and liveliness on the street. And the view from atop the ESB is nearly picture perfect.

BUT

They've severely truncated Harlem. Just like EVERY Spider-Man game. The rest of the island is very accurate (small changes here or there but whatever). Harlem, however, is almost not there. The only open world game in Manhattan to ever get Harlem right was GTA4. No other open world NYC has ever done it correctly. They always chop it out. VERY disappointed to see it happen here, too.

17. socool

socool True

Hate double posting, but this is worthy:

I found a video of Evan Filaraca playing the demo. Many of his videos have been posted here. I'm sure most of you guys either recognize his face or voice. He's part of this big "Spidey Squad" that Insomniac so lovingly embraced. He even got to interview Bryan Intihar at D23 last year!

I'm only posting it because it's the first video of the demo I've found played by a fan. I'm sure other videos are people who like Spider-Man, but Evan is a FAN. And the sheer joy and love in his face is really quite sweet. He reminds me a bit of myself at that age, which probably helps, and it's real nice to see him get to live through so many great moments I wish I had at his age. Plus he's not half bad at the game!

Thought you guys might appreciate it

[YT]v_o1MI8qcOk[/YT]

18. Mandon Knight

Mandon Knight Always a slacker....

I heard them too, you are not the only one.

19. Kuwolski

:up:

I love it if it hinted at something greater, but even as a reference it's cool. Much like the Elfman nods we hear in the music.

20. webhead731

webhead731 I'm a photographer

The game looks perfect and like a combination of everything good in past games.

Kind of irritating to see comments like how people love the perching or webbing enemies to walls and they "always wanted to see that in a Spider-Man game"

These things were all in both Amazing Spider-Man games. This game seems to have taken A LOT of inspiration from those, which is a good thing. Unlike the movies, those games are great. ASM2 was not as polished as I'd have liked but I still enjoy it.

21. Spider-Aziz

Someone whose opinions on Spider-Man games are ones I agree with for the most part, yeah I heard of him.

I wouldn't call this game perfect, and I came to think that the first TASM game is pretty boring recently.

Perching and sticking people to walls happened in Web of Shadows.

22. zenith16

zenith16 Well-Known Member

yeah he's in my twitter feed often he even followed me as I fallowed him

Got this via my twitter
    [FONT=&quot]
    [​IMG]Comic Book Resources?Verified account
    @CBR
    17h17 hours agoMore

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Marvel Brings the #SpiderManPS4 'Advanced Suit' Into Spider-Man's Comic Book Continuity https://buff.ly/2HLd1HB
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][​IMG]

[/FONT]

23. TheWallCrawler

TheWallCrawler hero or a menace?

Regardless of intentions, the fall lacked all impactfulness, which a drop from top of a sky scraper should have. So in my book that is a big mistake on Insomniac's part.

24. Kuwolski

[​IMG]

Few "best of E3" wins so far, hopefully more to come from the noms.

:susd:

25. Kuwolski

My mistake :up: