Spider-Man (PS4) - Part 3

Discussion in 'Sony' started by Thread Manager, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Nathan

Nathan ...

Press the share button. An option will pop up to save and/or upload your picture. You can link your Twitter or Facebook account with your PS4, so you can immediately upload them to those platforms. Or you use an USB stick to copy all your screenshots.

If you want to take a bunch of screens first and upload them later, you can find them in the Capture Gallery.

2. UltimateWebhead

UltimateWebhead Black's the new Red&Blue

Thank you. Yeah, I've saved a bunch in my capture gallery already so I'll probably save them onto a USB drive to get them onto my computer.

3. Hunter Rider

Hunter Rider Ronin

I got caught up in it last night and again this afternoon, it's like a drug! I'm not sure how the percentage system works either, it's not done the same as the Arkham games in this regard. I'm about the same perectage done as you but I just got the big
    Sinister 6 reveal
    so I'm not sure if side missions are making my completion percentage higher. One of the coolest side missions is
    Tombstone
    in case you haven't got to that yet, and I'm getting better at Taskmaster's missions, faced him once and lost. I'm doing the same as you, alternating between the story and the side tasks, the only one I don't see me completing is the one where you have to find the students via their pics.

Is this the first time you face him? as he kicked my ass and there was no Drone.

:funny: I know how you feel, you can waste a couple of hours just pottering around New York, and if you take on the Pigeons task beware, those things have a habit of popping up at the most inopportune times.

4. lefthookvillain

lefthookvillain Well-Known Member

Wow. I wish I thought 9f that to begin with. I learned to slide my thumb towards pause.

5. Spider-Aziz

Spider-Aziz Raul Boston's Dish Gaunt

Haven't played it yet myself.

I saw a video on the internet.gif

6. Gothamsknight

Gothamsknight Well-Known Member

The only thing i need to unlock is just 1 suit and im lacking 3 base tokens. Ill do that tonight or tomorrow!

7. Nathan

Nathan ...

A quick selfie I took. XD

[​IMG]

Spider-Aziz and Broseph44 like this.
  8. Hunter Rider

Hunter Rider Ronin

:funny: Ok, understood my friend!

Spider-Aziz likes this.
  9. lefthookvillain

Thanks!
    I got a couple of Spider-Punk ones I'll share later. He's become one of my favorite suits in the game. I hope there will be a filter added that looks like Into the Spider-Verse or the Spider-Gwen comics for Spider-Punk. They can call it "Anarchaic".

Spider-Aziz likes this.
  10. The Slang

The Slang Well-Known Member

Okay, I just achieved 100% completion and I'm going to share all my thoughts on this game. I'm a fairly regular gamer, as well as a big Spider-man fan and I've played pretty much every major Spidey game going back to the PS1 era.

THE GOOD: In my opinion, Insomniac have made the best Spider-man game to date. The visuals, combat, traversal and all the small details in the world collectively made this very enjoyable. I liked the puzzles and the Peter Parker sequences. Jameson's talk show is a great touch and genuinely made me laugh on multiple occasions. The ability to spring attacks off of nearby walls is a great addition to the combat, but the gadgets and parkour system in particular really add something that was lacking in previous titles. No other game has made me feel so much like Spider-man.

Upgrading my skills, equipment and suit mods made it a joy to progress through the game, and really gave me the sense that I was customizing my own Spider-man. For example, I played most of the story in the homecoming suit, with the spider-drone suit power. Later, during some side missions, I switched things up with the Scarlet-Spider suit, and decided to put more emphasis on electrical gadgets and suit powers. Towards the end of the story, you begin to face large quantities of heavily armed opponents, and I decided it was best to go with an armored suit. I equipped the Mark III Spider-armor, applied bullet proof mods and -here's the great part- mechanical spider legs. Man, it sure was satisfying to drop into a crowd of armed goons and completely wreck them with those giant spider legs.

Unfortunately, I don't really care for any of the other alternate suits, including the Insomniac suit with the white spider. And here's where my criticism begins.

THE BAD: As good as this game is, the few flaws that are present really stand out. Some of the minor flaws are related to glitches and movement mechanics, like wall crawling. While on a wall, control can be a little clunky, and.you can get stuck on tiny bumps and ledges. It only took me half an hour of playing to notice this as I was searching for backpacks. I don't know how Insomniac could work on this game for years without noticing it.
    The charged jump also needs some work. You have little to no control over the distance you jump. You can jump 5 feet in the air or 70 feet in the air. Nothing in between. For some reason, when you do a targeted webzip onto a wall, you come to a complete stop, losing all your speed and interrupting your traversal. I also noticed that there are less stealth takedowns in this game compared to previous ones. Unlike ASM 1&2, this game doesn't allow you to perform a stealth takedown on a wall or on the ceiling. These should all be easy to fix.

The biggest flaw for me though is the story. Side missions were fine, but after finishing the campaign, I have zero interest in seeing how this story continues. This is what prevents the game from truly delivering the Arkham Asylum treatment. Rocksteady adhered very closely to the Batman cannon in Arkham asylum. They created an original story, but it was one that could easily fit into the established lore. The tone in Arkham Asylum was very reminiscent of the 90's animated series, and even included the same voice actors.

Insomniac were not as faithful in their adaption of the Spider-man lore. Instead, they chose to change a bunch of things and make it their own. A large portion of the game is taken up by a completely inaccurate and unlikable version of Mary Jane. She is essentially a Lois Lane clone, being a journalist for the Daily Bugle, and her only concern is to broadcast to the audience that she's a strong female character. At one point she actually complains to Spider-man about being saved, saying 'I want to be the one to do the saving sometimes.' Totally selfish. During another scene, while she looks at a suit of samurai armor, Mary Jane says to herself 'Sometimes I think all of history is just boys playing dress up and getting into fights.'

Spider-man's adaption is much more accurate, but he still irritated me from time to time. He can sound whiny, immature and gutless. I can't say much more about the story without going into spoilers.

The sinister six came and went so quickly that it felt like an afterthought. It was really a wasted opportunity. Mister Negative gets more screen time than the rest of the six put together, excluding maybe Doc Ock. I was especially looking forward to fighting Scorpion, seeing as he is a match for Spidey's strength and speed, but he was probably the most disappointing of all the villains. Instead of a good one on one fight, we get a dream sequence after Scorpion injects Spidey with a hallucinogen, which was an obvious attempt to imitate the Arkham games.
    Ock releasing a bioweapon didn't sit well with me, and that event served no purpose in the plot other than to kill Aunt May, which probably shouldn't have happened in Insomniac's first game. It was too soon for me to be emotionally invested in this version of the character.

There was too much time dedicated to Miles Morales, and considering that he gets spider powers, this will probably be worse in the sequel. The after credit scene suggests that Insomniac plan to make Harry into Venom, with the symbiote being an Oscorp creation. This is a terrible idea to me.

Lastly, I was really hoping for a greater quality and quantity of boss fights. There were only 2 or 3 I really enjoyed, and 2 of those were during side missions. Now that I'm finished, I still want to swing around and fight thugs, but I'm not interested in replaying the main story, which is disappointing.

7/10

11. Mandon Knight

Mandon Knight Uncle Ben's top boy

Anti-Arad Detector.....

Nardz937 likes this.
  12. Mandon Knight

Unlocks left, right and centre, about 70% completion currently and up to the Rhino / Electro cross joint boss battle, which is proving hard for me, completed the Electro side of things but the Rhino entourage on the roof tops giving me grief. This game just gives and gives.

Need to sign up to internet to get access to photo mode as the pics you guys are designing and showing are great, need to bury my 'dinosaur' ways. :funny:

Can anyone answer when at what point does the Level up amount needed to unlock the Animated Series Suit happen and then from that point onwards I'll just use that one and also what's the token breakdown you need to pay for it, does anyone know, thanks in advance.

EDIT

Found.....

[​IMG]

• 4 Backpack Tokens
      • 4 Challenge Tokens
      • 4 Crime Tokens
      • Level 41

This costume is just PURE :hubba:hmr::spidey:

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
    Spider-Aziz and RetrogradeOrbit like this.
  13. KillerMcQueen

KillerMcQueen Mortal-ish

That costume really is gorgeous, I want an entire game done in that art style.

Spider-Aziz likes this.
  14. Mandon Knight

The thing I am 'ruing' is that at the stage that you get to unlock will be so late into the main story that I won't have much time to use it, so I'm hoping once game is completed you can go back and 'fill in' any unfinished areas using all the suits you have at your disposal and then unlock those you haven't paid for yet, I hope so.

BTW, I am doing all non-main story missions using all the various suits available that I have and the main story in the 'classic' suit, that way, the cut scenes look like Ditko-centric artwork.

Spider-Aziz likes this.
  15. Mandon Knight

The music score for this games has been phenomenal and I hope it gets released track by track on CD....an example

and....

16. Mandon Knight

Another good point will be how the 'goodwill' generated by the overall love shown to this game will affect/create shift of popularity of Spider-Man within the MCU, he is a very popular character already within the MCU, the amount of young boys & girls playing this game must be huge and be interesting to see how much added boost this game gives to his shaping within the MCU in terms of 'leading' or taking a bigger role as the older actors begin to retire.

Spider-Aziz likes this.
  17. Nathan

Nathan ...

And I've joined the 100% club. Now when's that New Game+ arriving?! XD

UltimateWebhead and Spider-Aziz like this.
  18. The Joker

The Joker The Clown Prince of Crime

Just finished it. What a roller coaster emotional ending. I did not see some of what happened coming...

Otto and Norman created Mister Negative. Ock knew all along that Peter was Spidey. Loved that twist and really didn't see it coming. Otto feigns ignorance very well. The whole finale between Peter and Ock was just amazing. One of the most personal Spidey/Ock tales ever. Glad Ock survived, too. I thought maybe he would die in the big showdown. Speaking of dying, Aunt May died. Ballsy of them to kill her off in the first game. And to think its Ock's fault she's dead since he released Dragons Breath on the city, and then refused to hand over the cure.

Didn't care for the Miles having spider powers bit as I am not a fan of the character. Nice teaser for the symbiote at the end. But I really hope it being in Harry's tank doesn't mean they will make Harry Venom.

Overall hands down the best Spidey game to date. It has its issues. The combat needs some tweaking. It takes a lot of getting used to. The jump needs to be fixed. Its such a weak jump. The boss battles were a lot of fun, but a bit more variety in them would be nice as a lot of them were basically just throwing environmental stuff at the villains then moving in for the punch up.

Hats off to voice cast. All did stellar work, especially big shout outs to the Spidey and Octavius voice actors. Man, those two were just incredible together in their scenes.

19. lefthookvillain

20. lefthookvillain

21. BrollySupersj

BrollySupersj Fantastic spider powers

Nothing is more satisfying than using the impact webbing to blast a thug off a roof and web him to the opposite building.

Give it a shot, it's magnificent.

22. BrollySupersj

BrollySupersj Fantastic spider powers

Looks like replaying Fisk Hideouts doesn't give XP anymore. :( I just retired one and got nothing.

C'mon Insomniac, let a guy farm.

23. Mandon Knight

Just Achieved & Purchased. Happy as a pig in s**t now.

Nardz937 likes this.
  24. Nardz937

Nardz937 In The Chill Of Night

Definitely the most fun I've had with a photo mode in a game.
    sp41.jpg sp42.jpg sp43.jpg sp44.jpg sp45.jpg sp46.jpg sp47.jpg sp48.jpg sp49.jpg

25. Millan28

Millan28 New Member

Easily the best Spider-Man game I've ever played. Hell, it might be one of the best games I've played period.

Few gripes though.

1. Photo mode is great but I really wish it had options for Brightness and Motion Blur. I don't know if it's because I don't play with HDR on but most of my shots end up being ugly as hell because Spidey is always under exposed, like he's always contre-jour. As for motion blur, I feel like the game badly needs this to make pictures of Spider-Man swinging through the city a bit more dynamic. One of the reason why the traversal feels so amazing is in part due to the motion blur and how fast you feel you're going, but once you open photo mode, the blur is gone and you're left with a guy in tights frozen in mid air. It's a bit awkward.

2. The traversal is awesome but sometimes I feel like it's a bit clunky and unresponsive. I can't recall the sheer number of times where I've slingshot'd from a rooftop only to be stopped dead in my tracks by another elevated portion of the roof, or tried to web zip and Spider-Man just standing there in the sky, falling and motionless. It wouldn't be much of a problem if the game had a little more animations put into it to ensure Spidey would automatically avoid these obstacles (the same way he goes through fire escapes) but there is none, and the web slinging is not as precise as the one in Spider-Man 2. It should be one or another, not neither. It's a shame because when you string up a few good moves together, it simply looks stunning and exhilarating but sometimes I just don't feel like I'm that in control of Spider-Man as he uses NYC as his playground.

3. Game is kinda short for my taste, the fastest 100% I've ever done. Excited for the upcoming DLCs. I wish there were a bit more crime diversity. Beating thugs to a pulp is nice but I'd like to save people from burning buildings or from a collapsing balcony or whatever. I need a break from the fists and kicks.

Otherwise, this game is a solid 9/10 for me.