Spider-Man (PS4) - Part 3

Discussion in 'Sony' started by Thread Manager, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Spider-Aziz

Spider-Aziz Raul Boston's Dish Gaunt

I admit that it is a pet peeve of mine as well.
    I'd like to see the 60s cartoon costume make it here, with the 6 instead of 8 limbs.

"I'm coming uncle Scooby.. Rrrrrr-OOOOOOOOOO"

I like Captain Watanabe Yuri, she's pretty cool. Dan Slott was a story consultant, so it affected their choice for the female police captain Spider-Man helps.

lefthookvillain likes this.
  2. webhead731

webhead731 I'm a photographer

He was fine in this but he should only ever stay a regular person. The idea of Spidey having a sidekick, especially one with the same powers and look is beyond stupid to me and I will be surprised if I ever warm up to that in any media at all. The idea of killing Peter to replace him with Miles is just unforgivably stupid.

UltimateWebhead likes this.
  3. Spider-Aziz

At least Miles has a couple of powers Peter doesn't have. You won't have to worry about Peter dying at this point.

lefthookvillain likes this.
  4. The Slang

The Slang Well-Known Member

That did cross my mind. Her or Terri Lee.

Agreed.

Miles wasn't bad until it became obvious he was going to become Spider-man junior. That's the sole purpose of the character. He wasn't at all required to make the story work. Robbie Robertson has always been an ally to Spider-man. He's always had a presence at the Bugle, defending him against Jonah. It's been hinted at several times that he knows Peter is Spider-man. He could have done more to help Parker than Miles could have.

5. flickchick85

flickchick85 Loose Seal

Finally got a few high fives today. I am satisfied.

Truth be told, I've never read a single comics story with Miles so I have no pre-formed opinions on him, but I am thoroughly enjoying him in this story. Actually ALL of the character work in the main story has been great, imo.

6. Spidey_62

Spidey_62 This is so not spandex

Miles had a great role in the story, and I don't hold any strong feelings toward the character either way. He was a mirror image to Peter at that same point in his life 8 years before, but now here's this kid who looks up to him as Spider-Man so he does what he can as both Peter and Spidey to make a good impression on this kid and help him out. Peter's kindness as himself and Spidey inspires Miles to want to do good and follow in his dad's footsteps in his own way. To me he fits in because in a way you get an origin for Miles the teenager and one in a way for Peter as he tries to fit into this new roles and responsibilities as an adult. It pretty much encapsulates the big thing Aunt May says about if you help one person, you help everyone.

7. Mandon Knight

Mandon Knight Uncle Ben's top boy

At 73/74% completion roughly and just taken last one of the Sable compounds down and doing well on points required for payment of unlocked suits bar the challenge points, am god-awful at bombs and that's all I have left to pick from and there is no way I'll get the points total required in order for the level of total required to unlock for example Ghost Spider suit.

Mission wise, just about to do the Miles stealth around the Rhino 'bit'. Only got 4 Bugle front covers, that's my next 'completion' section challenge for myself.

Now that I've got the vintage costume, am staying in that.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018 at 6:05 AM
    UltimateWebhead likes this.
  8. lefthookvillain

lefthookvillain Well-Known Member

One of the main themes of the story was mentorship. Robbie would not offer that story. Spoiler Alert... Spoiler Alert... but that's the reason why part of Mile's origin with his parents were changed from the comics. It directs his story more towards mentorship.

9. Mandon Knight

Erm…….:mrk: (no SM game spoilers)

Spider-Aziz likes this.
  10. Spidey_62

Spidey_62 This is so not spandex

Wow, they've been planning it that way since day 1, with Spider-Man as the gaming world's version of the first Iron Man movie as a launch for a whole planned universe.

Wonder how that works with different companies developing different games, and Sony owning the rights for Spidey specific titles.

Spider-Aziz likes this.
  11. Broseph44

Broseph44 Witness Me

Finished the main story last night. Man I really loved this game. The character work all around was excellent. I really loved MJ in this.

And the relationship and evolution of the relationship between
    Peter and Otto and then the end with him vs Ock and that whole back and forth was so powerful and emotional

Thought they did an all around great job with this game. The web slinging around and combat all felt very good and easy for me personally. Amazing game. Can’t wait for the DLC episodes.

Now to just go back through finish a couple little side things and definitely going to platinum. I’m already pumped for the next game, this will def be a big series like Arkham.

Nardz937 and Spider-Aziz like this.
  12. Nathan

Nathan ...

That's awesome.

Once the Avengers game is out, I hope that we'll get some cameos in the next Spidey game. I can understand that none of the heroes showed up in this game, because they didn't want to force the other studios to adhere to their version of the heroes. So once some of the other games are out and stories and character designs have been established, I am expecting the Avengers to pop up in the Spidey Sequel.

Spider-Aziz likes this.
  13. Mandon Knight

Posting because it needs the recognition of how brilliant a 'way in' it represents.....plus that track just suits hugely.

14. Nathan

Nathan ...

The chair bit cracked me up. XD

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018 at 9:30 AM
  15. Mandon Knight

It reminded me of the bag in the wind bit from Donnie Darko....with a chair.

16. Mandon Knight

Nathan, I've been asked to delete the original post, can you delete your reply please, thanks for content reasons - swearing.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018 at 9:33 AM
  17. RetrogradeOrbit

RetrogradeOrbit Do I look like I'm joking?

Well, Boys and Girls, quite literally due to the amazing(!) reviews, screenshots and banter here.
    I have gone and done something rather rash.
    Reserved a PS4 Pro 1Tb with the Spider-Man game and will be collecting it in about 1.5 hours.

Hoping it will look awesome on the 4K LG telly.

I have always been a PC gamer, but this game seems too good to pass up on. Guess I have a large learning curve ahead of me. As I hate using console controllers! :D

8649889_R_Z001A.jpg

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018 at 9:35 AM
  18. Mandon Knight

With great power comes great responsibility RGO, all I can say is, enjoy my friend, you are in for a hell of a ride, prepare to kiss your life away for a week or so.

RetrogradeOrbit likes this.
  19. Spider-Aziz

Nice references to Venom and Colleen Wing in this game.
    At least now you have a good platform for Arkham Knight in addition to this game. More win. :D

20. Nathan

Nathan ...

Welcome to the family.

21. RetrogradeOrbit

RetrogradeOrbit Do I look like I'm joking?

Already have all the Arkham games on PC... :cwink:

22. Spider-Aziz

I guessed that, but Arkham Knight is almost cleaned of bugs on a PS4. :yay:
    The rest are good on PC.

23. Mandon Knight

Nothing is ever 'rash' if spontaneously conducted with fore-thought of sound judgement.

24. Gothamsknight

Gothamsknight Well-Known Member

Finally got the final trophy! I've gone platinum!!

25. Mandon Knight

Congrats - on with the coffee :spidey: - what does the 'final trophy' look like or represent ?