Spider-Man: The Movie 3

ChineseFooD said:
I think that's actually a great idea. Like, you know how the movies are succesful because the movies give you a connection to the human side, the Peter Parker of Spider-Man. The games might seem even more authentically Spider-Man if we play the game actually as Peter.

Like the whole game, instead of playing as Spider-Man and seeing brief periods as Peter. What if we play a game as Peter for once and then become Spider-Man.

Okay so like it starts out, you're Peter and you're on the rooftops. You do a quick tutorial to get you used to the controls as always, but then you've got to meet MJ or something....So when you get down to the street, you live as Peter, and you only need to switch to spidey if something flashing red happens. If it flashes yellow or orange it's a lower level crime that the police can handle. (You can switch at any time but you won't actually loose hero points unless you ignore a red alarm.:spidey: )

Yeah that's what i mean. It's a great idea plus give the ultimate Spider-man experience. To be both would be awesome. And to start playing the game as Peter first would be cool. We got something like that in Ultimate Spider-man the game when you have to learn how to use the powers. It was cool and i liked the featue where you could switch from Spider-man to Peter. Heh, i would get so into it that when i played Peter i would go in an alley and act as if i was changing into Spider-man. though the loading process it stillwas great....

Cool, man. But now let's discuss physics. We got the gameplay down, and the storyline has to obviously depend on the movie. So what we have to do now is figure out how we want the world to react to Spider-Man.

That's the next step isn't it? After figuring out how we want Spidey/Peter to react to the world. We should discuss how the world should react to him..

ChineseFooD said:
Cool, man. But now let's discuss physics. We got the gameplay down, and the storyline has to obviously depend on the movie. So what we have to do now is figure out how we want the world to react to Spider-Man.

That's the next step isn't it? After figuring out how we want Spidey/Peter to react to the world. We should discuss how the world should react to him..

Cars should stop for him

people should throw pretzles and hot dogs at him

other people should cheer for him

and so on.

what about street vendors anyways? they're not in any of the games.

ChineseFooD said:

That's a great point. In the last game people would say Spider-man's name or thank him and call him out. What i find cool is in the new Superman game i beileve there'll be a feature where people will literally stop, get out of there car and take pictures of him. If in the SM3 game, if they elevate how people react to him like it will be in the Superman game it would be a great game.

Spideyssuperfan said:
Cars should stop for him

people should throw pretzles and hot dogs at him

other people should cheer for him

and so on.

what about street vendors anyways? they're not in any of the games.

I agree..

Vendors, well, in SM2 they were literally gone. There weren't even any carts except for like 2 up in the Liberty part of the island. But in USM the hot dog carts were everywhere, minus vendors. I think that not only should they be there. But they should be able to sell you a hot dog.

It would be like a health token. So in missions, if you succed you get a health token. But in the city, if you get hurt and you need to get back in action, you can buy a hot dog.

And all of the vendors would be voiced by Bruce Campbell. They'd take the place of SM2's hint coins. You get 10 hero points and it gives you full health. But, just like the hint coins in SM2, they won't work if you're in the middle of a fight.

The Punisher said:
That's a great point. In the last game people would say Spider-man's name or thank him and call him out. What i find cool is in the new Superman game i beileve there'll be a feature where people will literally stop, get out of there car and take pictures of him. If in the SM3 game, if they elevate how people react to him like it will be in the Superman game it would be a great game.

Yeah I agree. Remember how I said that you should be Peter and then change into spidey? Well if you ignore too many red alert city crimes(ie don't change often), then the people will start to hate you. And throw things. And if you stand there, people will literally gang up on you. (Think: GTA's riot mode)
What you said reminded me....Another thing they should add would be the physics in cars. When Spidey jumps on a car, it should shake.

There should be more than 2 types of vehicles in SM3 as well. From cars, to trucks, to vans, to taxis, to mopeds/bikes. Not only would it look more realistic, but it would help the city actually look crowded.

NYC has to look crowded. The science behind a good spidey game is that...in all truthfullness....we just want a Spidey simulator. We want to go on an adventure. What's the point of rescuing civilians if they all look and act like zombies(SM2!). And if they're too cartoonish and don't even talk to you they feel like ghosts...

NYC has to come to life, damnit!! Do you hear me treyarch?! Sony!? Marvel?! We want a good game. No more BS!!

I'm 18. I'm not even in college yet and I can come up with a game people would like, why can't you!?

*chokes marvel*

God Treyarch needs to read these ideas... I would also like to see more pedestrians and traffic. Oh, and actually having New York sound like New York for a change; busy, loud, and noisy. I hated that about both USM SM2. At times it seemed/sounded empty.

I'm still up for an online mode of some sort, like the possibility of racing a friend along the length of manhattan.

Sound too simple? Difficulty could be raised with the requirement that you have to save a few civilians along the way.

And what about Deus Ex/RPG style plot-divergent decisions? Obviously depends on the movie plot, but something along the lines of having to choose between a mission and seeing MJ. Or even better having to decide between MJ and Gwen (or her father).

And just so I know, in terms of controls, we all prefer SM2, right?

Yezzirp! SM2's controls were a lot better than USM. I miss the dodge button.

i wouldnt mind having the city truly come to life. There are so many things missing from both games:

People--
1. A crowded new york city sidewalk can be less than manuverable.
2. People in new york are tough, if you bump into them--they bump back, they dont cower away like in the 2 games.

Buildings-
1. In poor parts of New York, there are certainly abandoned buildings, buildings that are torn apart and shattered. Why, dont these show up in the Game citys?

2. in these same poor neighborhoods, people hang their clothes out on lines from their windows. Do people not do laundry in Fictional NYC?

3. That also explains why the city is so clean! There is absolutely no litter in the city in the games.

4. or grafitti

luxury-
1. there arent any resturants in the Game-Cities that have out-door seating...sure that sounds lame, but almost every resteraunt has a patio.

2. There are buildings in newyork that have pools ontop which would seem great--swinging through a pool.

3. New York is known for fantastic hotels, and is a habitat for the rich and famous. There need to be limos, schaufers, and other things in New York.

I would actually like to go inside almost every building, and actually be able to do stuff in some of them.

I totally agree with all of you guys. Especially Mike, because I never thought of that. Sound! It's one thing to have all the graphics and made it LOOK like NYC, but it will NEVER feel like NYC if we don't hear "Shut the **** up you jackass!!!" in the background at the same time hearing every other sound as well.

You think it would be annoying hearing the real city sounds, but that's why Peter enjoys being spider-man so much. At the highest buildings, at the very top, you'd only hear wind. It would be a nice feature that the higher up you go, the less sounds you hear. They kind of did that already but not enough. Because the sounds on the streets were never blaring like they should be.

There also has to be idiots blasting music. OR movie theatres or music stores.

Who's with me on this; Instead of a sound track, we hear the REAL sounds of a city? So instead of wasting time trying to compose a track, just record the sound of 35,000 people living in a modern world.

NYC is dirty... stop making it look clean in videogames.

what i want most in this game though is perminant building damage when a villain attacks it.. I hated seeing rhino throw cars and such at buildings and nothing happen to them

Don't let this one die peepz. It was (and can still be) a great thread. I have a question: is there a posibility that a demo of this game (at least an in game spider-man model show off) will be presented at the upcoming E3?

AME said:
Don't let this one die peepz. It was (and can still be) a great thread. I have a question: is there a posibility that a demo of this game (at least an in game spider-man model show off) will be presented at the upcoming E3?

THERE'S NOT BEEN ANYTHING AT ALL MENTIONED ABOUT THIS GAME, IN ANY MAGAZINES, OR ON ANY WEBSITE. THIS THREAD "DIED" FOR THE SAME REASON THE OTHER S-M3 THREADS DID......NO INFO. I'D BE SHOCKED IF ANYTHING WAS SHOWN AT E3, BECAUSE WE KNOW SO LITTLE ABOUT THE MOVIE; I'M SURE THEY'RE WANTING TO KEEP THE SAME "SHROUD OF SECRECY" AROUND EVERYTHING INVOLVING S-M3.

well, some newsgroup did say that they saw the spider-man model for the game and that it was so realistic and all. I think it was ign

AME said:
well, some newsgroup did say that they saw the spider-man model for the game and that it was so realistic and all. I think it was ign

SCINTILLATING.

I made a spider-man model a while back too. I'm hoping they'll put more work in it than I did one this one, because if I can come up with this (and I do think that this model is...ok) They can easily make something that looks better than the sm2 model. I didn't liked that one. I think something also went wrong with the weblines, not sure there. I did however liked the model from the sm1 game. So if they DO decide to show the model off at the E3 or another game event or whatever, I'm hoping that it will be something that can be really proud of... anyway, here's mine

138263155.jpg

138546928.jpg

This basic model was made using 3006 polygons. that should be able to fit in a ps3 game right. I'm asking because I really don't know how much they usually use.

AME said:
I made a spider-man model a while back too. I'm hoping they'll put more work in it than I did one this one, because if I can come up with this (and I do think that this model is...ok) They can easily make something that looks better than the sm2 model. I didn't liked that one. I think something also went wrong with the weblines, not sure there. I did however liked the model from the sm1 game. So if they DO decide to show the model off at the E3 or another game event or whatever, I'm hoping that it will be something that can be really proud of... anyway, here's mine

138263155.jpg

138546928.jpg

This basic model was made using 3006 polygons. that should be able to fit in a ps3 game right. I'm asking because I really don't know how much they usually use.

I'D SAY ABOUT 30K POLYGONS WOULD BE ABOUT RIGHT FOR 'S-M3'. :up:

There have been lots of great ideas in this thread, and there probably isn't more I could add. The only other thing I want to see are destructable enviroments.

I want to be able to pick up cars, use a street lamp to play baseball with Venom, smash enemies into stores and through walls. I just want to have a real brawl between two superhuman beings.

kadamn! who is/WAS that woman?

I haven't really kept up with all the Spidey comics in the past years, I just know she's called Shathra.

Here's her profile.

You know what else I'd like to see? Battle damage. The worse the beating, the worse costume will look. And you can always go back to your room and change into a new set of tights.

In 'Spider-Man: Enter Electro' we already had a separate battle damaged costume, and now I want to see costume torn apart in-game.

yeah, ps3 promissed 4D. I guess that's a easy task to put in the game if where having 4D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"