Spider-Man Trilogy vs Iron Man Trilogy

What the Joker did was too implausible, therefore the whole movie falls apart.

Iron man wins for me. It had a better peak movie but much worse 3rd movie.

Iron man was enough better than Spider-man two though it more than makes up for how much worse IM3 was than the trying to forget SM3.

The Spider-Man Trilogy. It had two great movies while the Iron Man Trilogy only had one good movie. And as bad as it was seeing Harry Osborn on a flying snowboard and Topher Grace as Venom, it wasn't nearly as bad as Ben Kingsley's Mandarin turning out to be a washed up drunk British actor named Trevor.

The Spider-Man Trilogy. It had two great movies while the Iron Man Trilogy only had one good movie. And as bad as it was seeing Harry Osborn on a flying snowboard and Topher Grace as Venom, it wasn't nearly as bad as Ben Kingsley's Mandarin turning out to be a washed up drunk British actor named Trevor.

Ok I hate im3 but even it is better than SM3. SM3 turned Peter Parker into an absolute joke.

Spidey 3 had a lot of cringeworthy moments.

Not the dancing, not emo Peter but for me it was the news anchor with his ''Is this the end of Spider-Man?'' schtick... and that terrible English reporter.

Spidey 3 had a lot of cringeworthy moments.

Not the dancing, not emo Peter but for me it was the news anchor with his ''Is this the end of Spider-Man?'' schtick... and that terrible English reporter.

Not to mention Mary Jane getting kidnapped for the 3rd time

I voted Spider Man. The first two movies are very good to great. The only IM film on that level is the first one.

^ this sums up my view too

As far as ratings:

Spider-Man 1 - 8/10
Spider-Man 2 - 10/10
Spider-Man 3 - 4/10

Overall - 22/30

Iron Man 1 - 9/10
Iron Man 2 - 4/10
Iron Man 3 - 6/10

Overall - 19/30

Marvel's two biggest solo characters. One cemented a comic icon, and another elevated a character to icon status. Which one do you prefer?

Disagree with this though

Iron Man doesn't have the villians or supporting characters to back him up, once RDJ leaves he's back to C-Lister status

Last edited:
Dude, no you didn't. Not the Iron Man is a "B" character myth. Someone in the media that didn't know squat about the comics had to have started it, and now every Hollywood actor and reporter is repeating it.

Since when aren't Thor, Iron Man, and Hulk A list Marvel characters? As far as pop-culture the only ones the general public knew about before the movies were Supes, Batman, and Spidey, so you can't just go by that.

Not to beat a dead horse, but Iron Man is in that classic group of Marvel characters created in the early sixties. He was a founding member of the Avengers and he, Cap and Thor are considered "the big three". The concept was always great and ahead of it's time...c'mon an armored exo-suit (created back in the sixties no less)to keep a billionaire playboy genius' heart beating. Great stuff. Never was C list or B list.

Iron Man has so penetrated the mainstream, that it is hard to believe that he will fall back to obscurity again. Hulk never did and all he had was a tv show in the 70s, not a billion dollar movie franchise.

I'm sorry to break it to you, but "one of the core members of the Avengers in comics" *is* B list. A-list is "has meaningful exposure outside of comics", which until RDJ, Iron Man did not. Prior to the modern age, the only A-list heroes from Marvel were the Hulk, Spider-man, and *maybe* Wolverine. Everyone else, no matter how significant in the setting, were B-list at best, because the average person knew little or nothing about them.

Give me Iron Man. RDJ tops any actor in the Spider-Man trilogy. Only Alfred Molina and Simmons come close for me. Gweneth is miles better than Dunst for me and I consider Pepper to be the best female love interest in comic book movie history.

I enjoyed all the Iron Man movies but absolutely detest SM3. That one poisoned the whole well for me.

I still love the first two SM movies though and like the character more.

Iron Man has so penetrated the mainstream, that it is hard to believe that he will fall back to obscurity again. Hulk never did and all he had was a tv show in the 70s, not a billion dollar movie franchise.
Agreed.

Not sure if anyone gives out candy at Halloween, but all those kids running around in Iron Man suits are going to be around a long time. There is no putting this genie back in the bottle.

It's difficult for me. Here's now I rank the individual films:

SM2>SM1>IM1>IM3>IM2>SM3

I'll say that for consistency's sake, the Iron Man trilogy is better. I've really enjoyed all 3 of those movies (yes, even Iron Man 2). All 3 are really fun movies with a rockstar performance from RDJ. Iron Man 2 & 3 don't quite match the quality of the first movie, but I still think they're good movies.

Spider-Man's trilogy started off really strong, but the final act was disappointing (and it's the worst movie of the 6 we're all talking about, here). I can't deny that the first two films in this trilogy are my favorite comic book movies ever, though. And Spider-Man 2 is very much in my top 5 favorite movies of all time, period.

Gaaaah, this is so difficult! After seeing Iron Man 3 back in May, I would have said Iron Man had the best trilogy (because of the consistency in quality), but the more I think about it, the more I'm saying that Spidey wins? Because he has 2 great movies, and Iron Man has 1 great movie?

Iron Man, easily. The Spidey films ranged from okay to awful, while Iron Man was just hit after hit after hit, IMO.

IMO

1) SM2
2) IM
3) SM1
4) IM3
5) IM2
6) SM3

Spider-Man wins IMO.

For me it has to go to Spidey. The Iron man movies were great but if I have to count the trilogies as a whole spidey came out on top because I had less complaints/quibbles with those movies than i did for the Iron man ones.

@ metaphysician

Completely disagree with that definition. Saying A list depends on pop culture popularity would mean that X-men were B list before the movies; sorry I'm not buying it.

If the character is well known and popular in a genre among the fans and collecters of said genre (classic) , then the character is not B list. You mean to tell me that all the classic Kirby creations like FF and Thor are B list? Uh uh.

Spider-Man Trilogy>Iron Man Trilogy

IM1 was the best of the films

Hard to beat Spiderman. The bloke is a hero and the movies were good too!

I don't get the hate for Spider-man 3? Yes I know it was a Raimi movie more than Spider-man (like Nolan ended up making Nolan movies and not Batman). But I love cheese in my movies and Raimi makes it in such a delicious flavor. The classic Stan Lee issues are not That far off actually.

Iron Man started with a bang! Robert was amazing, but by Marvel's Avengers I started getting an annoying trying too hard Chandler taste in my mouth :csad:

It's hard to pick one...but given that Iron Man had all 3 solid movies, while Spidey had only 2 good movies, so...Iron Man

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"