Sequels Spider-Man Universe

DrCosmic

Professor of Power
Reaction score
http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/11/21/spider-man-expanded-universe/

Spider-Man’s world is about to get bigger.
“We do very much have the ambition about creating a bigger universe around Spider-Man. There are a number of scripts in the works,” Sony Pictures Entertainment Chairman and Chief Executive Michael Lynton told investors Thursday. And any character within Spider-Man’s universe is fair game for a spinoff, including villains and girlfriends.
The details are going to be a little tricky since Spider-Man is a Marvel character, so, Lynton said that Sony is working alongside Marvel and Disney. He didn’t go into specifics about the nature of the collaboration, according to Deadline, though Sony owns Spider-Man and the characters in his world, Disney owns the merchandising rights. It’s also very unlikely that the masked arthropod will join up with the full slate of Avengers characters.

It looks like Sony is hoping to make a Spider-Man Universe, not unlike Fox's X-Men/FF Universe or the MCU.

What kind of Spinoff would you hope to see?

• Scarlet Spider?
  • Venom?
  • Black Cat?
  • Dr. Octopus?
  • Prowler?
  • Spider-Girl/Arana/Anya Corazon
  • Spider-Girl/May Parker?
  • Ultimate/Miles Morales?
  • 2099/Miguel O'Hara?
  • Slingers? (Dusk, Prodigy, Hornet, Riccochet?)
  • Rocket Racer!?

SpideyCostumes.jpg

I don't know, who would you actually go see a movie about? And don't say Carnage, because an hour and a half of a serial killer isn't nearly as much fun in a kids movie.

Wait, people want to see a Carnage spin-off? Carnage is a lot of things but he's never going to be a hero.

I personally think that the best options are Venom, Black Cat, Prowler and Silver Sable and if they are working with Marvel, then why not have Spidey pop up in the MCU at some point? I'd love to see him join the Avengers.

Wait, people want to see a Carnage spin-off? Carnage is a lot of things but he's never going to be a hero.

I personally think that the best options are Venom, Black Cat, Prowler and Silver Sable and if they are working with Marvel, then why not have Spidey pop up in the MCU at some point? I'd love to see him join the Avengers.

Not likely to happen. Deadline says that they are likely working with Marvel/Disney in regards to merchandising for the spin-offs.

The spin-off should be Venom, although I don't know who would play him.

Was just about to start a thread about this.

I guess Black Cat can start things off.
Not sure how rich her history is Sony will have to invest in setting up her character to make her interesting.

Then obviously Venom. I would suggest a Venom story arc that involves Eddie Brock, then ends with Flash getting the symbiote and becoming Agent Venom. First villain in his spin off movie would be Carnage with a Spiderman team up.

*Wildcard choice* Green Goblin became an anti hero for a limited run. They could play with that idea.

I would stay away from clones like Scarlet Spider, but I qould welcome Spider girl or Miguel 2099. Possible time traveling story although that might be a bit too "sci fi" ish for the this version of Spider man.

Wouldn't mind seeing a Kingpin-centric film. Wilson Fisk: Kingpin or The Kingpin of Crime.

Or perhaps just have a Black Cat film with Kingpin as the lead villain.

So would Felicity Jones be playing Black Cat?

Not sure what the legal rights are, but I think Moebius might be in contention too.

The Hollywood Reporter has an interesting Spinoff option:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/who-could-be-spider-mans-659534

Captain Marvel

Who? Not the current incarnation of the character -- nor even the first -- but Monica Rambeau, who currently goes by the name Spectrum. Better known as a member of the Avengers, the character actually made her debut in an Amazing Spider-Man annual in 1982.

Movie Potential? In the unlikely off-chance that the character isn't part of Marvel Studios' package due to her Avengers connections, most definitely. With a greater power-set and entirely different demographic than Spider-Man, there's the potential for Monica to bring a whole new audience to the superhero genre if done right.

If that turns out to be true, it may explain why she has yet to appear in the MCU, because I think that Marvel blew several opportunities to debut her in the MCU.

Some interesting and varied choice's here. I think some of them would make decent tv shows.

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2013/11/24/five-spider-man-spin-offs-sony-has-to-make/

Silver Sable could work as Sony mini version of Shield. Mercenaries and spies. Cross over potential with Agent Venom.

Superior Foes would work as a fun show. Or they could channel the Kick ash audience and make a comedy super villain movie.

Morbius is probably better suited in Marvels supernatural phase with Dr Strange, Ghost Rider, Blade etc.

Morbius, Venom and possibly Black Cat. Personally I think these three could and I mean just about justify their own film. I could not see any become a seperate franchise though. In my opinion they should just make a one-off film about them and not something like Marvel is doing. It just doesn't work for a franchise focused on one character, Spider-Man.

Any who, here is my idea's. NOTE: Spider-Man Chronicles is the title to establish a connection and bring in more audience

Spider-Man Chronicles: Black Cat
Story: Origin Film that also details her first encounters with Kingpin. Released after a Kingpin/Black Cat Spider-Man Film.

Spider-Man Chronicles: Venom
Story: briefly explains symbeote origin. Sets up a future Spider-Man film with Venom. Follows the Agent Venom story with Chris (something) reprising Flash from TASM.

Spider-Man Chronicles: Morbius
Story: Origin Film again... Also just think with Vampires being popular the "living vampire" spin would be unique. Would follow Morbius's struggles with Vampirism. Shriek or Tombstone could be the villain. Before a Spidey/Morbius film (because Vampires make money anyway).

Black Cat
Prowler
Silver Sable
Morbius
Scarlet Spider (way down the line)
Flash Thompson/Venom (way down the line)

I'd much rather see Brock as Venom. Put the black costume in ASM3, the climax will have Sider-Man lose the symbiote in the clocktower, then post-Credits, we see Eddie as Venom.

Venom would be the first spin-off. Which details him facing off against Spider-Man for the first act, people believe he's insane when he says that he has superpowers so he's held in a cell with Carnage at Ravencroft after attempting to kill Spider-Man. The symbiote finds Venom in his cell but also leaves a part of itself behind that merges with Cletus Kassady. The second act is about Venom and Spider-Man squaring off while Carnage starts a killing spree across New York. The third act is where Spider-Man and Venom have to put aside their differences to defeat Carnage. Doctor Kafka believes Brock that he's not crazy and he's now seen as a hero. He rejects an offer to work with Spider-Man again as they're not friends and never will be so Venom goes on his way to fight evil on his own terms.

The last thing that I want to see is Peter with the symbiote and Venom only appearing at the tail end in one movie again. It needs to be too films.

You can't do a Venom spin-off without introducing his character in the main film series first and developing his character.

Hmmm... you can. You do need a Peter Parker cameo of sorts, to get the symbiote to kick off the story, cause havoc and then get free, and then you remove him from the story, recuperating from his ordeal with the Symbiote in some way. You then foreshadow what Brock will become if he keeps the symbiote on, both in terms of power and self destructive danger, as well as explain why Spider-Man never helps at all during the film.

It does rob you of an extended period where Venom Spidey is running around being angsty, but I think we got enough of that in SM3, imho. Doing it "right" isn't worth repeating the same exact story points again.

I also want to see a Prowler move, I think that could be pretty frakking cool on the inventor angle. Black Cat could be a super-fun heist film, and if they really want to push it and be innovative, let Dr. Octopus be a straight up villain/horror-type film character study with a downer ending.

I think it'd be fun to see Arana and Miles Morales down the line as well.

What I think would be most cool is if they actually killed off Peter Parker after 5-6 films and had Garfield playing Ben Reilly/Scarlet Spider. Or Superior Spider-Man. Or both, not sure, could be awesome either way.

Most of these characters would need to first be introduced in an Amazing Spider-man film. Black Cat and Venom shpuld be introduced there. Black Cat could be as soon as TASM3, while Venom deserves to be the villain in his own movie, but that would likely not be until TASM5. That would be like 2020. Doing it sooner (unless the decrease the standard 2 year movie interval) would be forcing it...

Now there are two characters/groups that I believe would be within Sony's jurisdiction, and could be introduced as stand alone movies, within the same universe, with possibly a cameo from the web crawler.

That would be Silver Sable and the Wild Pack

and...

Cloak and Dagger

Most others should be seen within a Spidey movie first, or is just too obscure for the GA to make it as a standalone flick.

Spidey 2099 would be pretty darn sweet but I gotta think the chances of that are pretty small. And I would love a Cloak & Dagger movie (or series)

I think with Venom, they can really dive into Eddie Brock's history leading up to him getting the symbiote after Spider-Man gets rid of it. What do you think?

The Prowler I would like to see out of list & perhaps a bit of both villain & hero story added to the character.

I keep on saying how I want the Prowler. Sony, are you listening?

FYI, the Prowler is the Uncle of Miles Morales.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"