Spider-Man's future

darthcoolness3

Sidekick
Reaction score
Is there the possibility of Tom Holland getting recast by Sony and Marvel Studios in the future for movies in the MCU?

I prefer they retire the character.

Marvel Studios is already handling a dozen of ips. So no Peter Parker would give them more time, to focus on other ips like Marvel Studios' X-Men in phaseven.

Is there the possibility of Tom Holland getting recast by Sony and Marvel Studios in the future for movies in the MCU?
Is there a possibility? I guess so... I don't think it's a very likely outcome though. I think the following scenarios are all more probable than Tom getting recast as Peter at this point:

1. Them convincing Tom to do more for the forseeable future.
2. Miles Morales being introduced as the next MCU Spider-Man and Peter getting retired/killed.
3. The Sony/Marvel deal not being renewed and Sony doing their own stuff with the character outside of the MCU.

Unfortunately sir strange I honk both scenarios 2 & 3 are most likely!! Spidey Is my fav character!! And also to pyschlock I also think with so many IP’s it’s time to let Peter Parker fade!! I bless Sony sells him back!!!

I don't see Holland being recast unless the next Spider-Man involves an aged-up Peter Parker that would require an older cast member. Otherwise, I imagine they'd stick with Holland for the long haul, more so considering he's still a young guy and his profile is only getting bigger.

The Sony/Marvel deal not being renewed and Sony doing their own stuff with the character outside of the MCU.
Number 3 should happen. I feel like Sony is getting away with their poorly reviewed non Marvel Studio produced films and I'd like to see them again without any support from Marvel Studios. Kevin Feige and company were kind enough to include Spider-Man in siX MCU movies.

I think a proper send off for Tom Holland in Avengers: Secret Wars should happen along with Andrew and Tobey.

Sony really don't have a lot in their plate when it comes to the Marvel characters they have. I doubt people would just show up for Venom 4, 5 and 6 without good reviews. Kraven and Madame Web would further hurt the goodwill of their own Marvel films. And that would once again just left them with Spider-Man. Those animated films won't have longevity as well. Spider-Verse didn't even crack 400 million worldwide pre-pandemic, and what else more for those 2 sequels?

Sony has to start miles morales soon!! Tom holland is not gonna play Peter Parker/Spider-Man forever!! I see him taking a long break b4 maybe coming back

Sony has to start miles morales soon!! Tom holland is not gonna play Peter Parker/Spider-Man forever!! I see him taking a long break b4 maybe coming back
Live action Miles Morales is another card they could play. They still have Black Cat, Silver Sabre and Spider-Woman. Sinister SiX if they could do it, doesn't seem like it could lead to successful sequels ala Suicide Squad.

Looking at what they have, its limited compare to Marvel Studios and DC Studios. Then factor in, that Morbius is one of the worst reviewed Marvel films recently, is not encouraging. I'm only watching Kraven, Madame Web, Venom: Let There Be ToXin and El Muerto because I've seen every Marvel film. The animated films can wait on streaming.

Agree with it all!! I’m taking a stand and not spending another penny on Sony marvel movies(except any with Tom holland and marvels help) I’ll wait for streaming to grab the other ones

Miles feels like a certainty and I can’t see him being that far away once Secret Wars is done.

Live action Miles Morales is another card they could play. They still have Black Cat, Silver Sabre and Spider-Woman. Sinister SiX if they could do it, doesn't seem like it could lead to successful sequels ala Suicide Squad.

Looking at what they have, its limited compare to Marvel Studios and DC Studios. Then factor in, that Morbius is one of the worst reviewed Marvel films recently, is not encouraging. I'm only watching Kraven, Madame Web, Venom: Let There Be ToXin and El Muerto because I've seen every Marvel film. The animated films can wait on streaming.
Some great Spidey characters who haven’t been covered yet for some reason. Still really looking forward to those.

In terms of recast right now after NWH and heading into Spiderman 4, then yes , it's probable they'll recast , if, Holland decides not to return.

As much as alot of fans would prefer they didn't recast, they ( meaning Sony and Marvel) would recast the role.

There's too much money on the table for them to be done with Peter Parker's character for the sake of keeping a continuity of having the same actor.
And after the last two solo outings made a Billion , they aren't going to walk away from Peter Parker even if Holland decided not to do Spiderman 4.

Now, if we're talking in ten years or so, after Kang Dynasty, Secret Wars, and The College Trilogy, then I could see them moving onto Miles Morales and leaving Peter Parker behind .

All that said , the recast of Peter Parker is quite a ways off imo, and I think Holland is gonna keep playing the part for at least a few more films.

Last edited:
If they didn't recast Chadwick after 4 mcu movies, why would they recast Tom whom already appeared in 6 MCU movies? 3 of those 6, he was the lead actor. I know different scenarios, but still.

The way they ended No way Home is a good enough reason for Holland to disappear in the MCU if he wants to. Also a good reason if he wants to take a break for like 10 years and comeback later on when he's older.

Well Tom holland did say he didn’t want to play Peter Parker forever and I think in same interview he mentioned something about maybe taking a break for a while!! So I thought that since SONY thinks that they can do better without marvels help this might be a good time to take character back and maybe introduce miles in live action!! BuT they can also drop a break now truck full of money at TOM’S house !! HMMMM. Lol

If they didn't recast Chadwick after 4 mcu movies, why would they recast Tom whom already appeared in 6 MCU movies? 3 of those 6, he was the lead actor. I know different scenarios, but still.

The way they ended No way Home is a good enough reason for Holland to disappear in the MCU if he wants to. Also a good reason if he wants to take a break for like 10 years and comeback later on when he's older.

I would guess that Feige and Sony see the Chadwick situations as very different.
Chadwick died tragically while Tom Holland is very much alive .
Feige had a very specific rationale for not recasting T'Challa.

I don't think Marvel Studios would see the two situations as analogous.

I also don't think the amount of movies Holland appeared as Spiderman would make all that much a difference if both studios really wanted to make a Spiderman 4 with Peter Parker as Spiderman.

Marvel and Sony would do all they could to get Holland back, but if that failed, they would move forward, and try to recast the role.

But even if Marvel Studios was against recasting Peter , Sony would still want to milk that version for all its worth and probably take that Spiderman into their universe and try to hint that this was the Tom Holland version, even if it was recast.

There would be things they couldn't mention ,and allude to, but Sony would certainly attempt to tie Holland's version to a recasted actor.

I just don't see Sony ,at the very least ,abandoning that version when it made them a Billion dollars , if their desire is to continue with sequels featuring that version.

I see your point that No Way Home could be a place for Holland to take a break and leave story-wise, but they , meaning Sony and Marvel ,aren't gonna wait 10 years to make a sequel to a Billion dollar film for the sake of having Holland play Spiderman again.

They're going to make the sequel in the next few years.

And to be clear , I'm talking about what I think Sony and Marvel would do, not what I think Sony and Marvel should do if Holland didn't return for Spiderman 4.

Last edited:
Ok to pyscholosolois I was incorrect!! You were right!! Tom hollands contract is officially up!! He has no movies with either studio!! He did say if marvel wanted him he’d be there Sony loaning Spider-Man to marvel is on a case by case basis!! I stand corrected

It is possible that Tom Holland could get recast by Sony and Marvel Studios in the future for movies in the MCU. However, it is also possible that he could continue to play the role of Spider-Man. It all depends on the negotiations between Sony and Marvel Studios. If they are unable to come to an agreement, then it is possible that Sony will recast the role. However, if they are able to come to an agreement, then it is likely that Tom Holland will continue to play the role of Spider-Man. Only time will tell what will happen.

Tom Holland is 26 if we will see a Spiderman 4 i am sure that he will already be 30 years old or close to that age so i would like to see an adult Peter Parker and that they to skip his story at College i hope the next Tom Holland Spiderman movies are more like the Tobey Maguire version

Here are some characters that haven't been used in a live action Spider-Man film

Chameleon
Black Cat
Mr. Negative
Hammerhead
Spot
Tombstone
Jackal
Hydro Man
Molten Man

The article says Sony used Kingpin for 2003 Daredevil, but Sony wasn't involved in that at all afaik? It's a FOX film.

I am interested in the situation with Jessica Drew though. Olivia Wilde has said Feige was in some way involved in her Spider-Woman project. I wonder if there's any chance she might get handled similarly to Holland's Spider-Man in some way.

The article says Sony used Kingpin for 2003 Daredevil, but Sony wasn't involved in that at all afaik? It's a FOX film.

I am interested in the situation with Jessica Drew though. Olivia Wilde has said Feige was in some way involved in her Spider-Woman project. I wonder if there's any chance she might get handled similarly to Holland's Spider-Man in some way.
Spider-Woman should be in the MCU.

I'd hate to see her separated and get heavily praised reviews like Venom, Venom: Let There Be Carnage and Morbius.

Sony is now 6 strikes with their 10 Marvel live action films without Marvel Studios.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"