Spider-Woman Discussion Thread

I would love to see her introed in a CM sequel. Just because of GA name-confusion I think it work better than her first appearing in her solo.

My list as far as fan casting for this role would look like this:

Paula Patton
Mary Elizabeth Winstead
Gemma Arterton
Emilia Clarke
Rosamund Pike
Kate Beckinsale
Lauren Cohan
Anna Kendrick
Lyndsy Fonseca

Got around to watching Orphan Black and really understand what some folks mean in terms of casting Tatiana. Terrific.

She really would be.

Someone started the theory that Hannah John-Kamen Ant-Man and the Wasp character might be Jess Drew. Her points are good ones and make a lot of of sense when you look at it, so I may have latched onto that theory myself.

1. Look at John-Kamen's roll in Kill Joys. She'd be a pretty damn good Jessica Drew and she's a Brit. Then look at the description for John-Kamen's AM&W character "Dawn". Sounds like Drew to me.
2. SHIELD has a presence in Ant-Man and the Wasp and Jess Drew was a SHIELD Agent. Could have her be introduced here.
3. The movie (as far as we know) is based in San Francisco. Jess Drew had her PI Business in San Francisco for some time.
4. This is a stretch but I think conceivable: Scott Lang dated Jessica Jones. Since Jessica Jones is firmly entrenched in Netflix and there's unlike to be any crossover, who says they can't change that a bit and make Jessica Drew be Lang's PI ex-girlfriend instead?

Its probably wrong, but we are having fun with it.

Last edited:
She really would be.

Someone started the theory that Hannah John-Kamen Ant-Man and the Wasp character might be Jess Drew. Her points are good ones and make a lot of of sense when you look at it, so I may have latched onto that theory myself.

1. Look at John-Kamen's roll in Kill Joys. She'd be a pretty damn good Jessica Drew and she's a Brit. Then look at the description for John-Kamen's AM&W character "Dawn". Sounds like Drew to me.
2. SHIELD has a presence in Ant-Man and the Wasp and Jess Drew was a SHIELD Agent. Could have her be introduced here.
3. The movie (as far as we know) is based in San Francisco. Jess Drew had her PI Business in San Francisco for some time.
4. This is a stretch but I think conceivable: Scott Lang dated Jessica Jones. Since Jessica Jones is firmly entrenched in Netflix and there's unlike to be any crossover, who says they can't change that a bit and make Jessica Drew be Lang's PI ex-girlfriend instead?

Its probably wrong, but we are having fun with it.

I love these fan theories, Kill Joys is another show I definitely need to get to. Heard good things.

Nick Fury is ok, I guess. But, I really hope Jess is in this.

If anyone ever wants to give the Sony hacks a read on Wikileaks, the Spider-Woman situation is clarified. The deal was Marvel owns the character of Jessica Drew but cannot give her spider-like powers or use the name or costume.

M3aRhhY.jpg

I would be interested to see if that has changed since Marvel struck the deal with Sony, or if Marvel still has to work something out.

WikiLeaks? Wow! Great job MBJ. I've been wondering about those rights for a while. Jessica's new costume could kind of pass as civilian attire, so I think it could work.

Well my theory was wrong but it was fun while it lasted.

So not confirmed yet but this is cool. Gawd i have a lot of reading to do lol. I am aware of Jessica Drew and her alter ego Spider woman but it be nice to see her pop up in the mcu.

Isn't Jessica supposed to be a hero out of time in a sense? She aged into adulthood at a slower rate.

spider-woman-340x420.jpg

I think it's a bit more than that with Jessica. She missed most of her childhood - she was put in that chamber at what? The age of 10? If not younger? Then she was kidnapped by the Skrulls for another few years.

It's not just being a hero out of time with her. She literally woke up a kid in an adult body no matter which origin story you look at and it's pretty messed up when you really think about it.

I really wish something was done with her even if she got the animated movie treatment like Miles will be getting soon. Did she show up at all in the recent Spider-Man cartoon?

To my knowledge she has not. They seem to be using Gwen instead.

edit

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"