The Amazing Spider-Man Spidey guy Raimi says `Dark Knight' has upped ante (AP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^ I like the mindless monster part, but I want it to be a regression thing, you know. Like when he first transforms he still has Cooner's mindset and all. And as the movie goes on he loses more and more of his humanity, like intellect, speech, all that good stuff. And fianlly in the finally fight betwen him and Spidey he's just a monster that has no boundries.
As I've said a few times, that would rock. I forgot who came up with that idea. :up:

I also would also love for him to hide out while he's the Lizard and while he's still sane. Then, as he becomes more and more mindless, he'll just start rampaging and stuff. So, at first, he'll hide in the sewer and and just think and talk to himself a little bit.

Last edited:
It was done in a movie with Jeff Goldblum called "THE FLY" but it can work somewhat with The Lizard, as well. The thing I like about THE FLY is, that it was graphic, gross and a mature take on a man turning into a creature. I want some really great horror type antics in the changing of The Lizard.

I don't think that's going to happen. A slow transformation would leave a plot whole in the story. I think they will move quickly with the transformation and turn the film into a great Hunt.

EDIT-
I just hope the transformation is as great as SSM's Lizard's transformation.
That was creepy.:liz:

Last edited:
But that story isn't really selling you anything different. This is the 3rd movie of a francise and you are basically selling a Spiderman vs Goblin movie like SM1. We all expected Harry to become a variant of some sort of Goblin. Harry is the one with the aggression towards Peter, not the other way around. The symbiote is merely having a psychological battle with Peter influencing his actions.That just doesn't sound very interesting. Other than maybe a great aerial battle with Harry that's all this story has to offer until Venom shows up which would have been much later in the film. They needed people to get excited about SM3 and having an actual true villain for Peter to interact with other than Harry is the selling point. And that villain needed an introduction early in the film not at the end like Venom would have been.
Peter needed to take his aggression on someone else other than Harry and common thugs while wearing the black suit.

When you say the symbiote is only a psychological villain I think you're selling it a bit short. Think of all the great movies villains. Hannibal Lecter, or the Joker for example. They're both extremely psychological. You could expand into a wide variety of ways to show how the symbiote influences Peter. Have it begin to give him nightmares, and you could really play around with what kind of nightmares would most effect him psychologically.

And the Harry/Goblin conflict is much different than the Norman/Goblin conflict. Norman was out for power, while Harry is out for revenge. A completely different story there. You could expand the things Harry does to get back at Peter. Basically, I would have Harry do what Venom did in his first appearance in the comics, begin to stalk Peter, and randomly show up at places to throw him off. Pete comes home to visit Aunt May, and Harry is there helping her with the laundry, ect. ect. Build the tension with that more.

And throughout this we would be making Brock a much more interesting character. I would actually give him Sandman's backstory, with minor changes. Brock is not a struggling single father, who's wife left him because he couldn't stop the gambling and drinking. His daughter is sick, but he can't pay her med bills because he's squandered all his money with the gambling. He also owes some big deubts to some very bad people.

However, he's not exactly the nicest guy. Eddie's kind of a prick to everyone, except his daughter. She's his world. He gets desperate, and decides to steal some of Pete's photos. Pete (under the influence of the black suit) goes nuts on Eddie and gets him fired. With no job, Eddie now can't pay off his deubters or get $$$ for his daughter. His deubters, to send him a message, burn down his house, with his daughter inside. Eddie loses it, and is going to end his life, but finds the symbiote in a church.

That, with the expanded Harry subplot, and beefing up the symbiote, would have been more than enough to keep the audience interested.

This would have made a much more deep and character driven film. It's rather disappointing how people who are 'specialized' for a certain job, and getting paid for it are not looking up for possibilities like these to make a much better film.
It would have made much more sense for part three to be about Harry's revenge and Venom. Also Venom could have emerged even earlier in the film and toy with Spider-Man and his secret. Threatening that he would unmask him in the public and on the television, something similar to what he did in the Spectacular Spider-Man.
Then Sandman and Electro could be used for part four. I still believe that these two would make a much more logical team-up, because of their histories and the nature of their powers.

As I've said a few times, that would rock. I forgot who came up with that idea. :up:

I also would also love for him to hide out while he's the Lizard and while he's still sane. Then, as he becomes more and more mindless, he'll just start rampaging and stuff. So, at first, he'll hide in the sewer and and just think and talk to himself a little bit.

I really like that idea! I pictured it in my mind when I read that and I think that would be awesome to see. That would make it feel more dark and creepy, but at the same time, you'd feel even more sorry for him.

When you say the symbiote is only a psychological villain I think you're selling it a bit short. Think of all the great movies villains. Hannibal Lecter, or the Joker for example. They're both extremely psychological. You could expand into a wide variety of ways to show how the symbiote influences Peter. Have it begin to give him nightmares, and you could really play around with what kind of nightmares would most effect him psychologically.

And the Harry/Goblin conflict is much different than the Norman/Goblin conflict. Norman was out for power, while Harry is out for revenge. A completely different story there. You could expand the things Harry does to get back at Peter. Basically, I would have Harry do what Venom did in his first appearance in the comics, begin to stalk Peter, and randomly show up at places to throw him off. Pete comes home to visit Aunt May, and Harry is there helping her with the laundry, ect. ect. Build the tension with that more.

And throughout this we would be making Brock a much more interesting character. I would actually give him Sandman's backstory, with minor changes. Brock is not a struggling single father, who's wife left him because he couldn't stop the gambling and drinking. His daughter is sick, but he can't pay her med bills because he's squandered all his money with the gambling. He also owes some big deubts to some very bad people.

However, he's not exactly the nicest guy. Eddie's kind of a prick to everyone, except his daughter. She's his world. He gets desperate, and decides to steal some of Pete's photos. Pete (under the influence of the black suit) goes nuts on Eddie and gets him fired. With no job, Eddie now can't pay off his deubters or get $$$ for his daughter. His deubters, to send him a message, burn down his house, with his daughter inside. Eddie loses it, and is going to end his life, but finds the symbiote in a church.

That, with the expanded Harry subplot, and beefing up the symbiote, would have been more than enough to keep the audience interested.

This would have made a much more deep and character driven film. It's rather disappointing how people who are 'specialized' for a certain job, and getting paid for it are not looking up for possibilities like these to make a much better film.
It would have made much more sense for part three to be about Harry's revenge and Venom. Also Venom could have emerged even earlier in the film and toy with Spider-Man and his secret. Threatening that he would unmask him in the public and on the television, something similar to what he did in the Spectacular Spider-Man.
Then Sandman and Electro could be used for part four. I still believe that these two would make a much more logical team-up, because of their histories and the nature of their powers.
And the revenge plot.
I agree with all of the above.
And, wanting or not, this movie would be about revenge. Harry and Venom suits it better than anyone.

I really like that idea! I pictured it in my mind when I read that and I think that would be awesome to see. That would make it feel more dark and creepy, but at the same time, you'd feel even more sorry for him.
Exactly! :up:

That would be Stan Lee. They do that story all the time. He fights for control, eventually looses it and then he becomes all Lizard. That's like asking "who came up with the idea here that after Peter gets ride of the alien costume it should bond with Eddie Brock? That's a great idea!"

I sacrifice this thead to Thread Manager.

All hail thread manager.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"