Splinter Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by avidreader, Oct 19, 2005.

1. KalKai

KalKai n/a

It looks like Lex wants to share his secrets with Lana.

2. DarthSkywalker

DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

Something Clark won't do.

3. Red

Red King Littlefinger

heres betting as vid said fine slips clark the silver k, and then cures him

4. avidreader

avidreader Registered

Actually I just read the TV Guide description over at Ksite, and he does get a splinter of silver K.I still want to know where he gets it.:rolleyes:

5. Serene

Serene Registered

So you were right about the "sliver of silver." ;)

6. OobeDoobBenubi

OobeDoobBenubi Registered

I HIGHLY doubt Fine is the reason Clark gets Silver K. Makes no sense

7. triplet

triplet KryptonSite Reviewer

Maybe it's another Luthorcorp experiment gone awry... :confused:

8. avidreader

avidreader Registered

Only by a fluke, with my cross eyed eyes. ;)

He wants Clark to stop putting trust in the people around him, and I'm guessing
    Fine probably knows the properties of Silver K and what it does, so he wants to put Clark in a state of paranoia.

Alternatively, Clark could just be doing some chores on the farm, he sees the rock, picks it up and gets a splinter from it.

Any number of ways.

9. DarthSkywalker

DarthSkywalker May the Force Be With You

Is there a better reason for running into Silver K then getting it from Fine? I mean what is the perfect way to get someone to trust you.... save their lives. And considering the first episode of Smallville saw that exact thing happen, i wouldn't be suprised if that is the case here.

I have a feeling he knows how to create it out of the Green K.

10. muscaremy

muscaremy Registered

this is just a thought that popped in my head.... what if its in his ship..... you know he could have some stuff in there thats important to him.... just ramblin

11. Triligors

Triligors Registered

I wonder if Lex uses the ship to show Lana in an attempt to lure her away from Clark

I see a scene as the below when seeing the pic of Lex showing Lana the ship:

LEX
    You were right. There was a ship. But, I wanted to make sure what it is and what it could possibly do before I told you about it. This ship Lana, it came during the meteor shower- it was the perfect cover. The last time this happened was (?) years ago, the same time Clark miraculously showed up. Tell me, you've gotten closer to Clark over the past couple of months than you ever were before- notice anything peculiar?

LANA
    I don't what your implying Lex.

LEX
    No, Lana. You do- you just don't want to face the possibilities. But, you have to ask yourself. How honest is Clark actually being with you?

IT'S POSSIBLE THAT CLARK BECOMES PARANOID EITHER THAT LANA IS TRYING TO HURT HIM, OR THAT SHE KNOWS HIS SECRET. WHICH WOULD BE GREAT LEVERAGE- SINCE GOUGH AND MILLAR SAID IN AN EARLIER INTERVIEW THAT THE "TRIANGLE" BECOMES MORE INTENSE THIS SEASON.

12. avidreader

avidreader Registered

After watching that trailer last night, this episode looks awesome.

I can hear a line from Lex saying that he's going to tell everyone about Clark as an Alien. :up: :)

13. OobeDoobBenubi

I would NOT trust trailers THAT much. They always edit them where the Episode looks like WOW going to be AWESOME. I guess you guys will learn the hard way.

14. mellyM

mellyM Registered

I just read the ep is directed by Greg Beeman, so I'm very happyabout that:D

15. AgentPat

AgentPat Squeaky wheel

So far this year, my expectations have been met or exceeded by each episode. I was FLOORED by Hidden, and pleasantly surprised by Thirst, the latter of which I thought might have been the worst ep of the 5th season in retrospect.

Splinter is an episode with Clark as the main focal point. Any episode where everything relates back to him I enjoy immensely. And this ep has Fine playing mind games with Clark using a NEW form of Kryptonite. Gosh, bring it on!! :D I'm also elated any time they let TW step outside of the Clark box and act OOC. I foresee Splinter being this season's Transference, and that has me VERY excited. Thursday can't get here soon enough.

16. avidreader

avidreader Registered

I was stoked when I saw that too. Brilliant!

I'm right there with you. Clark episodes = my absolute favourites. This waiting for next Thursday will be long.

Have you seen the screen caps that Ksite have up, they're unbelievable.

17. AgentPat

AgentPat Squeaky wheel

No, but I watched the teaser trailer frame by frame this morning. Twice. :D Oh yeah, I'm stoked all right! :up:

18. avidreader

avidreader Registered

Well I havent watched it frame by frame, but I've watched it like ...hmmm 10 times. :D

19. Serene

Serene Registered

I heartily agree. I think I'm looking forward to Splinter more than I've looked forward to any other ep this season except the preem. I like it when they take the characters off the beaten path a little.. and the concept of Clark slowly descending into paranoia and bringing out a really scary side of him is just too exciting. I can't wait to see how TW handles this. And the Lex and Lana kiss.. :eek:

20. triplet

triplet KryptonSite Reviewer

I think you're going to learn the hard way that this episode will be awesome!

I mean look at what it has:

• Fine playing mind games with Clark
    • Tom playing out of character (his best episodes are when he can stretch those acting muscles)
    • Directed by Greg Beeman (who gets the best performances from Tom)
    • Lex finally going after Lana
    Oh, and yeah: Fine playing mind games with Clark.

:D

21. AgentPat

AgentPat Squeaky wheel

^ Trip, you missed the most important one! :mad:

Fine is gonna play mind games with Clark! That's gotta be gooooood, doncha know?

:D ;)

22. Serene

Serene Registered

So.. whose skull x-ray do you think that is?

And why?

I just looked through the caps on K-Site and I'm dying to see this episode! I want to see Clark all sweaty with red-rimmed eyes, going ape**** on everyone. :D

(oh.. and I heard that Fine's going to play some mind games with Clark.:D)

23. AgentPat

AgentPat Squeaky wheel

I *think* it's supposed to be Clark's. The eye sockets are certainly big enough LOL.

You can't see it in the screen caps, but when I watched the trailer frame by frame, it appeared as though there was a "splinter" in his cheek, but I couldn't be certain if that was intentional, or just a product of the faux aging process they put the film through. Could have just been an actual speckle on the negative.

My word, I KNOW! And is he just sweating -- or tearing -- in #57? If it's the latter, I'm gonna freakin' DIE watching this episode. I was more on the edge of my seat watching the trailer for the first time last night than I was during the whole episode that had just preceded it. This one re-heeeeely looks like it's gonna be phenomenal...

[​IMG]

24. avidreader

avidreader Registered

Whoa Baby! Sweaty, antagonised, paranoid, dangerous Clark. :D

Is Fine meant to be playing mind games with Clark in this episode? :rolleyes:

I wasnt really sure. :confused:

25. OobeDoobBenubi

You do realize that like 90 % of this Episode won't even be freaking REAL right ? We can't be to sure of ANYTHING. So I wouldn't make a list until AFTER you see the damn Episode.