Splinter Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by avidreader, Oct 19, 2005.

1. Serene

Serene Registered

Well I hope it's not supposed to be Clark.. That skull has fillings in it's teeth bilaterally. I'm thinking that Superman's teeth aren't capable of rotting. :D

That's exactly the one I was talking about. Sweating and tearing would be my guess..
    [​IMG]

2. avidreader

avidreader Registered

Well Fine is playing Mind games with Clark.
    Tom is taking on his character in a different format
    Greg Beeman is directing this episode
    Lex and Lana getting together (well I think they are about the spaceship perhaps not in the romance department)

So the list is quite legitimate.

3. OobeDoobBenubi

OobeDoobBenubi Registered

We will see

4. AgentPat

AgentPat Squeaky wheel

The hell? I don't care if the ENTIRE episode is in Clark's head - it probably will be a better part of it given the fact that the Silver K is going to make him paranoid and see things that are NOT happening. That's what paranoia is, right? :p

But that doesn't change the fact that the episode STILL looks freakin' AMAZING!

A few years ago, I had suggested they do an episode similar to Classic Star Trek's "Mirror Mirror." Basically, the writers would come up with some dream-like sequence (in ST, they explained it as a parallel universe) where in one episode, we'd see what would have happened if Clark grew up as a Luthor, and Lex grew up with Jonathan and Martha for parents. Rosie and Welling would have a blast 'cause they'd be able to switch roles for an ep, but still play their characters (so to speak.) Welling (as "Clark Luthor") would still play an alien with superpowers that Lionel found in a corn field. Everything would be reset to the "norm" at the end of the episode, but it would show the audience how vitally important parents are to their children, and just how lucky the world is (in the SV universe) that Clark was found by the Kents and not the Luthors.

I would still love to see an episode like that, but I'm sure some people here would still complain about the "filler" episodes and how they'd rather see Clark learn a new power or something. :rolleyes:

5. triplet

triplet KryptonSite Reviewer

Oh, who cares?

It's featuring Clark and everyone will be dealing with him. My favorite episodes in the series have all been Clark-centric. I put up with the other ones (my least favorite are probably Jonathan-centric ones, sorry GinaRenee) because I love Clark so much... he's what the show is about for me.

This will be awesome, so what if it's all in his head?

6. AgentPat

AgentPat Squeaky wheel

[​IMG]

And that's that. No further elaboration needed, thankyaverymuchies. :D

7. triplet

:D :up:

8. SuperSoldier87

SuperSoldier87 Blaze87

The were images of a scene between Lionel and Jonathan and at the end Lionel shakes his hand and it got me thinking Jor-Rel possess Lionel again. He had white streaks in his hair he's slowly getting the Brando do.

9. avidreader

avidreader Registered

Arent you sick to death of this, I know I am. How many more knew powers can the guy learn anyway.

Cant say enough how much I agree with you there.

10. Serene

Serene Registered

Absofreakinlutely. :D :up:

11. triplet

12. muscaremy

muscaremy Registered

interesting ep this is gonna be for sure

13. AgentPat

AgentPat Squeaky wheel

OMG! That trailer is the NUTS! It's so dramatic and emotional. And he DOES have tears in his eyes here...

[​IMG]

"You were never really my son. You're something I found in the corn field."

[​IMG]

I gonna freakin' ball my eyes out during this episode, I just know it.......

14. rumpuso

rumpuso Registered

Eeps! Me too! I haven't been this excited for an episode since Transference!!!!

15. avidreader

avidreader Registered

Whoa! I just watched this longer trailer, man I cant wait for this episode.

16. AgentPat

AgentPat Squeaky wheel

That trailer brought tears to my eyes. I kid you not. It was the FIRST SV trailer to EVER do that. Now if a freakin' TEASER trailer can do that, I'm gonna be a MESS when I actually watch the episode. :(

17. OobeDoobBenubi

OobeDoobBenubi Registered

I will say this

It is VERY nice to have a TV Spot of an Episode where everything in it WILL happen just about the way in the TV Spot well. As I always hated TV Spots that make an Episode look Amazing when it comes out crappy at best. Nice change for Smallville.

18. Red

Red King Littlefinger

video won't work

19. avidreader

avidreader Registered

DTS has a windows media player version if that works. Triplets didnt work for me either. Dunno why.

Me too. I got that little feeling in the back of my throat. So sad. :(

20. Hush

Hush Wee Little Puppet Man

I didnt see Exposed yet BUT THIS LOOKS SO FREAKING GOOD I DONT EVEN CARE!!!

21. KalKai

KalKai n/a

isn't it weird that we don't have any spoilers yet for Splinter and Solitude but just Official Descriptions? are they hiding something from us? lol.

22. avidreader

avidreader Registered

Actually, I kind of like it that they dont. Craig has said that they werent available at his usual source, which has something to do with guest stars auditions. I'm not really sure of the technicalities of it, so I'm guessing there arent any guest stars in these two episodes.

23. triplet

Spoilers usually come from the "character sides" for an episode they use for casting guest stars and any speaking part.

A character "side" are the pages for a particular character... like say you've got a minion for Lex, like that doctor/scientist whover in Aqua, who has lines and so the "side" for her was just the pages she spoke on. Like if she had lines on pages 4, 10 and 23 printing out just her side would mean printing out just those pages. The script writing software Final Draft has a tool where you can do that pretty easily, actually.

So Smallville's casting director will send the sides out to talent agencies looking for a certain type of person and those agencies are like a sieve. The pages can then get out through a variety of means, from what I understand.

If they don't want the pages to get out, there may be more secure ways to get the pages out or maybe there are just no guest parts at all that needed casting.

24. avidreader

avidreader Registered

Thanks Triplet. :up:

I knew it was something like that, just didnt know exactly.

25. tonytr1687

tonytr1687 Registered

The trailer's good but I don't see what's so emotion-inducing about it. There's techno music in the background and the trailer is cut like a mind-**** thriller or something. It looks intriguing, but not heart-wrenching.