Splinter Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

darkzombiemutt said:
LMAO, taking advantage of Superman in an emotionally fragile state, thats too funny. Hasn't he taught you to be a better person then that yet?

*thinking*

No.

:)

triplet said:
You had to think about that?

LOL!

:D
Yeah, really!

Sorry Mutt, but when Superman looks like THAT, there's no "thinking" involved.

I'm sure the thinking was only a matter of courtesy.

No Thought Required.

The Incredible Hulk said:
shouldnt we be getting a preview clippy today? :confused:

Please, please I hope so. I would love to see one for this epi.

KalKai said:
we didn't get 1 for Exposed Hulk.. :(

but this ep has more to do with the season plot, so maybe they will put one up.

The Red X said:
but this ep has more to do with the season plot, so maybe they will put one up.
Never mind that - it's SWEEPS' month. THAT's why they should be advertising the bejeezes out of these episodes. *sigh*

KalKai said:
we didn't get 1 for Exposed Hulk.. :(

Yeah, but I think that was because they had the ET stuff, short as it was, although the online version was longer, and I think it had been publicized quite alot in magazines and stuff.

There wasnt alot of real dialogue in that episode that would have made for a good extended trailer.

AgentPat said:
Never mind that - it's SWEEPS' month. THAT's why they should be advertising the bejeezes out of these episodes. *sigh*

Does the WB have an affiliate cable station?

avidreader said:
Does the WB have an affiliate cable station?
:confused:

Don't they have one in every major city (pretty much)? In Boston, it's WLVI.

AgentPat said:
:confused:

Don't they have one in every major city (pretty much)? In Boston, it's WLVI.

Sorry I didnt mean that. I meant like ABC has ABC Family. You see all the ABC shows advertised on ABC Family quite alot.

I wondered if WB had one too.

I never been able to quite work out the WB's operations. Are they a network station and if so, why arent they available free to air everywhere?

avidreader said:
Sorry I didnt mean that. I meant like ABC has ABC Family. You see all the ABC shows advertised on ABC Family quite alot.

I wondered if WB had one too.

I never been able to quite work out the WB's operations. Are they a network station and if so, why arent they available free to air everywhere?

Well, they have to have an affiliate local station carry the network's shows.

The local station in the local markets are more likely to go to the three biggies or even Fox or UPN since they're older than The WB. My home town of Richmond, VA, for example, doesn't have an affiliate for The WB. It's just too small a market to support another TV station, I guess.

I was bummed when I was visiting Mom and there was no Smallville... :( Good thing they were in repeats. :D

triplet said:
Well, they have to have an affiliate local station carry the network's shows.

The local station in the local markets are more likely to go to the three biggies or even Fox or UPN since they're older than The WB. My home town of Richmond, VA, for example, doesn't have an affiliate for The WB. It's just too small a market to support another TV station, I guess.

I dont get that. A local station is needed to air the network's programs. Dont all the networks have a local station.

And if its to small a market then why cant they tap into a neighbouring city.

Now I'm really confused. :confused:

Australian TV doesnt work like that.

avidreader said:
I dont get that. A local station is needed to air the network's programs. Dont all the networks have a local station.

Correct me if I'm wrong..the networks don't own the local stations, they are independently owned the carry the networks programming. Not all markets have a station that carry WB programming. I know in some cases the only way you can get the WB is on cable (where my friend lives in Michigan). Its basically up to the local networks to carry or not carry programming. Kind of a convoluted explanation, but I did my best, lol.

mellyM said:
Correct me if I'm wrong..the networks don't own the local stations, they are independently owned the carry the networks programming. Not all markets have a station that carry WB programming. I know in some cases the only way you can get the WB is on cable (where my friend lives in Michigan). Its basically up to the local networks to carry or not carry programming. Kind of a convoluted explanation, but I did my best, lol.

Thanks for responding.

So there is one carrier station in each city and then they decide what networks they want to pay for and broadcast. Is that how it works?

Way off topic here, I'm sorry.

avidreader said:

It's because of Federal media ownership rules.

The network is limited in how many outlets they can own so they have to depend on local stations to become affiliates. So if it's a small market (like Richmond, which has less than a million spread over the middle of the state) then there just isn't enough ad revenue in the local market to support another station...

Most networks (or the big three anyway) directly own their NYC affiliates but that's about it, I believe.

Well Wb doesnt own TBS and TNT but they are both owned by the same parent company, Time Warner, if that's what you're asking about "national" affiliates...

The Incredible Hulk said:
Well Wb doesnt own TBS and TNT but they are both owned by the same parent company, Time Warner, if that's what you're asking about "national" affiliates...

That's precisely what my original question was, before I went off on a tangent. Thank you. :)

So my thought to that was, why doesnt the WB advertise their programs on those two stations, just for a bit more exposure.

avidreader said:
That's precisely what my original question was, before I went off on a tangent. Thank you. :)

So my thought to that was, why doesnt the WB advertise their programs on those two stations, just for a bit more exposure.
I've seen it advertised on the F/X channel before..I don't watch TBS or TNT to know if they've advertised there

Well I was having a hard time viewing the picture but I got all the sound, on my second viewing I saw the last scene.

OMG, It looks freakin awesome. I wish it was 8.00 already.

Thanks for posting that Melly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"