Apocalypse Spoilers alert for the X-Men Apocalypse Spoilers Thread!

So you think Marvel will ever attempt to snatch this away from Fox?

Maybe after 50 years, when moviegoers have finally gotten sick and tired of superhero movies and Fox are forced to stop making X-Men movies due to insurmountable losses they suffered. In other words, when superhero movies really became the new Western.

thank you! This movie just feels like so much wasted potential.

I have no idea how the tone of this movie could be so horribly wrong all the time (this heartless Quicksilver scene? seriously? Did anybody checked what the second unit team was actually shooting?) I would really like to know what went wrong during production? Did they run out of time? Conflict with the studio? Couldn't Singer re-write Kingberg's bad script? Was Singer maybe only bound by contract to do this movie and he lost all interest in the series after "Days of Future Past"?

sorry for being so negative, but I have to say seeing this movie broke my heart a little bit...

You're not alone. Watching this was a sobering experience. I never thought I'd be wishing Singer left after DOFP in hindsight.

It's impossible to determine exactly what happened behind the scenes, but I feel like Singer strained to up the ante on the action and in doing so lost sight of his strengths with human drama. It didn't work out.

Ok, finally saw the movie.

And the very first scene of the movie is ... a total blast!!! Holy! That was a great and amazing scene! After seeing "Gods of Egypt" recently and though that has to be one of the worst movies I have ever seen, I have to see that one scene in XMA alone is way better than the whole Gods of Egypt movie.

And the Quicksilver scene. WOW! When the mansion start blowing and saw the start of the slow-motion with the bee, I know the show is about the start! :woot: And it was freaking amazing! It's overtoping the DoFP scene. It's simply that epic!

And finally ... the Wolverine cameo. That is Logan in his full power! On a freaking killing spree! With a classic Weapon X look!

For those three scenes alone I can give the movie a full 10/10. I enjoyed them that much!

But ...
that's about it for me.
Really got excited for Jubilee when she was first announced. But man ... 4 times!! FOUR times the same thing! Nothing!!! She is just an extended background extra. Nothing more. Come on, 1st time - Ok, it's a first time. 2nd time - Ok, not that cool, but 3rd time is a charm I guess. And 3rd time - NOTHING! .. and now 4th time and again .. nothing! Christ ... at least hoping for a big role in New Mutants ... or can just Fox give the Jubilee rights to Marvel lol
And Psylocke ... I was excited for her. But come on, man. "Wow, you have cool sword-y thingies, so I take you." and then like: "Ok, I know this guy with wings, let's take him too." LOL And she didn't have that much lines. I mean, 4 or 5 short lines or something like that. And no badass scenes. Angel was even more wasted.
Storm ... not any different.
Magneto ... Michael Fassbender is just a great actor, so nothing wrong with him. I think his arc was interesting, but it got lost by the end.
Blob ... this is an extra and could be literally anyone, but no ... they say it's Blob, so it's Blob. lol
Mystique ... No comment, man. Just ... no comment.

So yeah.
But I really can ignore all those big flaws, because of those 3 scenes that I pointed out at the beginning.

Same with every film. It isn't some sort of shock or surprise, or unique to XM:A.

I saw links to Civil War being posted all over Facebook comments sections.

Just a sad state of the internet that no one wants to pay for anything any more.

TBF Civil War by the time its theatrical run is over will likely be top 10 all-time at the box office.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"