Spoilers***How will the Events of Infinity War effect the Ant Man & Wasp movie

Discussion in 'Ant-Man and The Wasp' started by Surfer, May 6, 2018.

1. Surfer Sentinel of the Spaceways

I saw this mentioned somewhere, perhaps the Infinity War threads, but thought it was an interesting topic. If this takes place in present day,
    does Cassie's mom die or other established characters when half the universe is wiped out
    ? Will this event be what motivates Ant Man and the Wasp to rejoin forces with the Avengers in Avengers 4?

2. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Such a significant event will get all heroes like Clint too out of hiding. Especially if they lose anyone close to them.

3. Surfer Sentinel of the Spaceways

Yeah, but with Hawkeye I think his Involvement and reasoning would be shown in Avengers 4, where as Ant Man and Wasp I would suspect their reasoning will be shown in their own movie. I wonder if the Ant Man and Wasp movie is supposed to take place after or concurrent to Infinity War. I mean maybe it's not until the end of the Ant-Man and Wasp movie that the Infinity War event occurs. It's just hard to believe Ant Man and Wasp takes place after because I feel like the trailers show life pretty much going on like normal, and I think if something like that occurred there would be mass pandamonium.

Surfer

4. Drizzle I'm gonna get real weird with it

I think the only major Infinity War connection will be in the credits scene for this. The movie should be self-contained, since it's a lighter tone after the heavy events of IW, but at the same time IW is such a huge event that it would be a mistake not to tie into it in this. Hence why I think the most appropriate place for it is in the post-credits scene.

5. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

I thought it was supposed to take place before IW. Although I'd expect the credit scene to link it up.
    Maybe with someone in their inner circle disappearing.

6. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

I only see it's impact being felt in a post credits scene.

7. SomeOldGuy Registered

Yeah, that’s my guess as well. Tho I could see some ash action as an epilogue and then the post-credits scene involving Clint and his family.

8. legendkillin Registered

Only should see the results in the last scene and the credit scene. I have thought even before IWs that Hank and/or Cassie, and likely Hawkeye's family will go. Those are motivators, Clint took a deal after CW because it was hard on his family. Maybe they sent him to Japan he will be mad that they sent him on that mission which isn't nearly as important as fighting Thanos.

9. Toula Registered

I think this movies has more to do with how they will defeat Thanos than you might think.

The first ant man kept saying that by going subatomic, you have the possibility to go beyond time and reality. They kept saying that over and over towards the end. Those two are something that we all know will have to be used to bring back those that were lost in IW.

If you were to come back, you wouldn't remember what happened, just like Scott didn't remember what happened when he came back. So...going subatomic, you can somehow manipulate the events that lead up to IW and Thanos's finger snap and come back to an alternated reality.

I think going in and finding the original wasp will prove this is possible. And by the look at Hank's face when he realized coming back is possible, that is what he plans to do. A problem is, what reality would you come back to? Will it be the one Doctor Strange saw?

#9 Toula, Jul 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2018
  10. Venom 1988 formerly Ultimate_Venom

I'm pretty sure most people have already been speculating the Quantum Realm is gonna be a big factor Avengers 4.

#10 Venom 1988, Jul 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2018
  11. kevork89 Registered

Heavy spoiler alert for the post credit scene

The post credits scene sees Scott going into the sub realm to collect some particles while Hank, Janet and Hope are up top guiding him through. Scott is down there and then he loses contact with them and then we see all three have disappeared into ash and Scott is stuck in the sub realm

12. Darkraid Registered

It doesn't show that Cassie's mom get dusted. The characters that are shown to be dusted are Hank, Janet and Hope. So no Wasp for A4 as well. Until perhaps maybe Act 3 of A4. The ending words of the movie was ''Ant-Man and the Wasp will return? Ant-man is also stuck in Quantum Realm as well.

Both credits scene teases A4.

Spoilers for the second scene

We see a TV with an emergency alert on it. Through the window you see smoke and destruction. In Scott's house, the ant is unaware and is playing drums. U actually saw this scene in one of the trailers.

13. Drizzle I'm gonna get real weird with it

[​IMG]

[BLACKOUT]I had such an anxious feeling towards the end of the movie about what would happen due to Thanos's snap and sure enough... :csad:[/BLACKOUT]

14. legendkillin Registered

The canister of the Quantum particles that is meant to help Ghost should play a big role. It can possibly heal anything so maybe fix the gauntlet or just time itself.

15. Tony Stark Armored Avenger!

I figured the Thanos snap would get [blackout]Hope[/blackout]. I was not expecting to see [blackout] Hank, Janet and Hope [/blackout] all to go. In fact I thought [blackout]Janet[/blackout] might be the one assisting Scott, since [blackout]she's the expert on the quantum realm[/blackout].

16. legendkillin Registered

[BLACKOUT]I didn't expect Janet because she was barely in this at all. She has this cool new power from the Quantum Realm too. [/BLACKOUT]

17. MrWayne aka Mr Stark

Having seen the after credit scene I am curious how Scott
    finds his way out of the Quantum Realm. I wonder if while there he maybe comes across someone who does help him get out.

18. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

I think the answer is simple to this:

[blackout]They said before going in he has to make sure he doesn't get stuck in a time vortex. We know there is a time jump in Avengers 4. There is your window. He is going into a time vortex, will escape to whatever time frame Avengers 4 happens. I also suspect his experience will make them realize they can go through time.[/blackout]

19. Golgo-13 The Return of the O.G

So the events of this take place BEFORE IW. It had probably taken Pym several months to build the miniture version of the quantum tunnel, between the end of the main movie and the post credit scene.

20. legendkillin Registered

Yes and they mention how he was on house arrest for two years. Though Black Widow made it seem like he was still on house arrest.

Maybe it was 2 years house arrest but 3 years under the eye of the FBI.

21. legendkillin Registered

Yeah I think that is how it can go. Also kind of hoping that they beat Thanos in that time but go back to before the Snap and beat him in that IWs time.

22. Mike Murdock Registered

He had Probation after house arrest, fwiw.

BTW, (this is a spoiler thread, so watch out) I had a feeling what the post-credit scene would be. It almost made me consider not watching because it felt like it would be such a buzzkill compared to the movie. That being said, the disheartened reaction of my audience was great.

23. MrWayne aka Mr Stark

Makes sense. I knew that line from Janet would be important. Dang poor Scott... He's going to be in there for years!
    The Quantum Realm were the best parts of the movie for me.. Love that trippy science stuff!

I cant help but wonder how Janet survived down there for 3 decades!

#23 MrWayne, Jul 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2018
  24. NewYorkSpider EndGame

[BLACKOUT]This is my thinking as well. There were some theories out there that he would just stay in there like Janet, but that just doesn't sound like Scott. I think he goes through a time vortex and comes out like 5 years later. He ends up finding his daughter who thinks he was dead. When he finds out what happened all those years ago(which would have been minutes for him) he finds Stark/Avengers and tells them what happened. Or Tony finds out he's alive and is curious to where he's been [/BLACKOUT]

25. Golgo-13 The Return of the O.G

Didn't she mention that time moves different in there? By that logic she should still look young....