*SPOILERS* X3 Phoenix and the House of M

britrogue said:
But that should have been Scott at the end, not Logan.
Yes
Yes
Yes!!!

It should NEVER have been Logan.

He should have been nothing but admanitum bones. It really was stupid. She could have levitated him and just blasted him. She could have tossed him in the water.

He could have used the cure on her instead of stabbing her to death. Bad writing. Anything to have their fake dramatic moment.

DarknessOfDeath said:
...wha? I wonder how many pages it took him to stab her like 20 times? :rolleyes: I don't think I would have liked it to be like that in the movie...I mean, Jean buried herself under tons of ice? ... eh?
It was on one page, in little panels.

Nell2ThaIzzay said:
I don't think it was Logan's love, so much as someone (anyone) caring for her so much that they'd die for her.

Remember, Logan said "I love you" AFTER she became Jean again.
I totally see what they were getting at Nell, but it was wasted on me. I know some of my reaction is bias, but after a few days of reflecting I'm certain the rest is just good analytical sense.

Angry Sentinel said:
I'm not even going to try to attack Wolverine's 'vaunted' healing factor, but what I was really referring to was that all it took to kill someone who didn't die when 100,000 gallons of water smashed into her body was... a blade???

You really didn't have any feelings of WTF??

I think it was pretty well established that Jean (in this story) had two distinctly different sides of her psyche of which one (the Phoenix) had taken control. We saw a visual representation of the Phoenix power at the end of two and got an idea of how she survived at the lake. The departure from this visualization is where I think most are having some confusion (this was an error IMO).

Prior to the Phoenix taking complete control in the mansion, Jean had asked Logan to killer her while she was able to take control for a brief period. He failed to do so and got whooped for it.

In the climactic moment in question, Logan was able to break through to the Jean side of her psyche by his actions and proclaiming his lover for her. When her guard was dropped and Jean was in control he was able to kill her. I thought it was pretty clear but I guess that idea could have been executed a little better to establish that she is or can be vulnerable at certain times. The upside to that type of ambiguity in the story telling is that it leaves endless possibilities for a resurrection should they decide to continue the franchise.

DarknessOfDeath said:
...wha? I wonder how many pages it took him to stab her like 20 times? :rolleyes: I don't think I would have liked it to be like that in the movie...I mean, Jean buried herself under tons of ice? ... eh?

Exploding Boy said:
It was on one page, in little panels.
LOL... yeah but, at least the silly comic book had enough sense to know that an Ubber powerful mutant shouldn't be KILLED by three blades, the same three blades that DID NOT KILL MYSTIQUE!!!

:rolleyes: Did I mention continuity!

If this movie went down the route that Endsong did, it would have been incredibly cool

Dark Phoenix's blood is black for some reason
154.jpg

175.jpg

Phoenix should have easily been able to turn him into dust, but who cares its just a movie. :o

Denny67 said:
Edit...

In the climactic moment in question, Logan was able to break through to the Jean side of her psyche by his actions and proclaiming his lover for her. When her guard was dropped and Jean was in control he was able to kill her. I thought it was pretty clear but I guess that idea could have been executed a little better to establish that she is or can be vulnerable at certain times. The upside to that type of ambiguity in the story telling is that it leaves endless possibilities for a resurrection should they decide to continue the franchise.

Too bad Cyke didn't think of that :doom:

Vulnerable or not, to kill her from those blades detracts from the power you were trying to establish.

Again, didn't miss any of this, but considering what came before it in the previous two installments, (MYSTIQUE DID NOT DIE) what was attempted with this story seemed like an obvious WTF, if not worse.

Ambiguity = Hollyfake at it's finest.

It's plainly obvious that Phoneix wans't using her full potential to vaporize Logan. Yes, she COULD have blasted him in one shot, but it's obvious she dind't want to. It seemed like Jean was fighting back, and Phoneix was just barely chipping away at Logan. Didnt you notice that even his shirt didn't vaporize all at once? If she really wanted to vaporize him like she did Psylocke and Arclight and the soliders, she would have. But she didn't, because Jean was holding her back.

LOL... yeah but, at least the silly comic book had enough sense to know that an Ubber powerful mutant shouldn't be KILLED by three blades, the same three blades that DID NOT KILL MYSTIQUE!!!

So? Just because Mystique survived being stabbed doesn't mean everyone else neccessarily has to. Mystique was stabbed in the lower stomach if i'm not mistaken, it's very possible that he missed any major organs and she survived.

Also remember that this movie Phoenix is not some super comsic entity, just a VERY powerful telepath. Three large blades to a vital organ or the heart could still bring her down, if she let herself get stabbed in the first place (which she did).

So... So....???!! that's the best response you've got to my question. MAYBE he didn't hit anything vital??? No obviously he didn't, because if he did that would mean their .. how did you put it... 'very powerful telepath' was a pansy compared to mystique. Either way, this should have been illustrated in full detail so that there is no question. This is the fulcrum of their great big 'emo' ending, and just like a lot of the rest of the good scenes, they rushed it.

... Why am I even bothering to respond to this mess. It's still an obvious WTF moment for me.

They made it seem like all Jean could do was burn away your flesh and make you go poof. She could have easily used TK and pushed Logan back or ripped him apart. I think she was just holding back with him.

doesnt kitty havin trouble phasin through adamantium because of its compisition.....so would that give some kind of hint as too why phoenix wouldnt be able to demolecularize it....its compositon probably doesnt allow it to be broken down so easily....as strike sed once its cooled its indestructable....pretty much to anything

She still could have just lifted him in the air or something simple.

So let me get this straight....

Adamantium > than Level 5, 'demoleculizing', psycho mutant????

And talk about reality warping, from the opening scene to the last credit I almost felt like someone should have told us which X universe this was before viewing it.

Mostly, I want everyone to comment on how Phoenix 'jobbed' to Wolverine's claws. But please feel free to discuss the many other 'WTF' moments!

Man get out of here. The first two movies basically was a wolverine jobfest. I don't hear anybody complaining about that.

Denny67 said:

Exactly, love conquers all and jean allowed logan to kill her while she was able to control the Dark Phoenix (recall lab scene). Hence, the smile she gave Logan -- her saying thank you...

Angry Sentinel said:
So let me get this straight....

Adamantium > than Level 5, 'demoleculizing', psycho mutant????

And talk about reality warping, from the opening scene to the last credit I almost felt like someone should have told us which X universe this was before viewing it.

Mostly, I want everyone to comment on how Phoenix 'jobbed' to Wolverine's claws. But please feel free to discuss the many other 'WTF' moments!

Remember in the original Dark Phoenix storyline when it was said that the power of Phoenix was second only to the creator?

Well, Wolverine obviously must = God.

How lame can they get? It's almost a joke. Almost.

I can't believe that some people are are actually thinking that Wolverine is stronger than Phoenix.

It is pretty easy to put two and two together.

We have seen Phoenix obliterate people and the entire Alcatraz for gawds sake with barely a flicker of her eyelids.

Wolverine is approaching her and the most she does is some short waves of some kind of psi blast that removes some of his "clothes" and then a few patches of his skin. Obviously she wasn't using anywhere near her full power if all she is destroying is his clothes and the odd patch of flesh. If she wanted, as has already been said, she could have sent him hurtling across ground or even more gruesomely, simply stripped his body of all its flesh, organs, brain, and left a burning hot adamantium skeleton on the ground. Though I believe she could have destroyed that too. as Magneto said, she can do anything.

Denny67 said:
I think it was pretty well established that Jean (in this story) had two distinctly different sides of her psyche of which one (the Phoenix) had taken control. We saw a visual representation of the Phoenix power at the end of two and got an idea of how she survived at the lake. The departure from this visualization is where I think most are having some confusion (this was an error IMO).

Prior to the Phoenix taking complete control in the mansion, Jean had asked Logan to killer her while she was able to take control for a brief period. He failed to do so and got whooped for it.

Very well said! :up:

Exploding Boy said:
Dark Phoenix's blood is black for some reason
154.jpg

175.jpg

I thought of this while watching Logan stabe her and thought it would take more then one go but it wouldn't be nice to her get stabbed lots of times and it was Jean at the time so no Dark Phoenix in control.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"