Spoilert Alert! The Greatest Death Scenes Thread.

The way Bill gets it in Kill Bill, Vol. 2 is one of my favorites.

Bernardo in West Side Story at the end of Tonys knife.

2001, A Space Odyssey

HAL. Unplugged.

Three pages and no one mentions The Thing?

When Norris has a heart attack and his chest swallows the defibrilators...and the rest that follows. Actually a compound death scene since Doc dies too.

^ Great ones:up:
(One of my favorite movies ever and I forgot to mention it:doh::woot:).

Duck, You Sucker (aka A fistful of Dynamite)
John sacrifices himself to take out the rest of army by wiring the downed trains with dynamite.

Children of Men:

Julian Moore's character randomly gets shot in the woods.

The ORIGINAL ending to Little Shop of Horrors.

:up:

In the movie, Seymore and Audrey destroy the plant and live happily ever after. In the original ending (as seen in the Broadway musical and original Roger Corman film to which the movie was adapted from) Audrey and Seymore are eaten by the plant, and the plant then goes on to take over the world... test audiences were mortified (this was 1986) so the ending was changed to a more happier one.

Last edited:
District 9:

Jason Cope's character is about to kill Wikus when the prawns attack and eat him.

2001, A Space Odyssey

HAL. Unplugged.

Ha yes, shame on me to not think about it since 2001/2010 are some of my favorit movies.

HAL : Dave, please stop.
HAL : My mind is going, there is no doubt about it.
HAL : Dave I'm afraid.

Last edited:
Wrath of Khan

I love that you didn't even need a spoiler. Everyone will know what you're talking about because his death is probably one of the most famous film deaths in all of movies.

Between that scene and when the war breaks out and they walk out of the building and all the fighting stops, Children of Men is one of my favorite movies ever.

The Wicker Man
NOT THE BEES! NOT THE BEES! THIS IS MURDER! MURDER! YOU'LL ALL BE GUILTY!

Days of Heaven
The hunt of Richard Gere's character

Wages of Fear
Jo's battle to stay awake in the truck

Dark Star
The nuke becomes self-aware

Blade Runner
I've....seen things...

Third Man
Harry Lime's chase through the sewers

Miller's Crossing
The failed hit. The mob boss going through the motions always gets a laugh out of me.

Zodiac
opening murder set to Hurdy Gurdy Man, and the one in the park.

Paths of Glory
Trialed execution of the innocent soldiers

Full Metal Jacket
Private Pile's suicide; Cowboy's death

Aguirre

Black Narcissus

^ Good ones,:up: DV. It made me want to watch the films again, specially Wages of Fear, The Kubrick ones and Aguirre.

The Princess Bride

"Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.":woot:

Goodfellas

Samuel Jackson gets shot. "Make that coffee to go."

The Bridge on the River Kwai

Alec Guiness comes to his senses and blows up the bridge

Inception:

This technically isn't a death scene but the moment when Cobb and Mal kill themselves in limbo to get back to reality via putting their heads on the train tracks, is pretty terrifying even though no carnage is actually shown.

The Departed

Costigan getting his brains blown out stepping out of the elevator. The most shocking death scene I've ever seen so far. The wind got knocked out of me. It's my favorite death scene of all time. No slo mo going out like a hero shot. Scorsese gives it to us raw and in your face. Costigan could have never gotten a happy ending anyway. But the beauty of it is, you don't realize it until after it happens. Seriously, not only is the film amazing, the last ten minutes themselves are better than alot of movies I've seen.

I think
Vizinni's poisoned glass speech
trumps that.
I think you're right:woot:.
Anyway, awesome film. Speaking of awesome films.

Goldfinger

Bond Girl. Gold Paint

Oddjob gets electrocuted

From Russia with Love

Red Grant kills "James Bond" in the first few minutes of the film

Real Bond strangles Grant to death with his own garrote

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"