Sports debate.

Also, I wonder what the Red Wings are gonna do with Curtis Joseph now that Hasek is back....

Originally posted by Illchill
Well, he IS with the Cavs, and will probably get all of their ball time. I don't know how he'll do, but he is impressive thus far.
I don't think there's any possible way he can live up to this hype though.

Originally posted by Calvin
I'm in America too, and you can take my word for it that it sucks. Sucks real bad. Hell, it shouldn't even be a sport. You could throw in a bunch of chickens with a mini ball and it wouldn't be much different.

Stating your American before talking about soccer makes me realize whatever you're going to say is total crap. Americans in general have a low opinion of soccer. It's your choice not to like it, but you can't deny it takes skill. A bunch of chickens couldn't kick a ball 97 MPH or throw it 40 yards or anything of the sort. Take a soccer ball outside and try some of the professional moves. I'm sure you're capable of something a bunch of chickens could do with a mini ball. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by TheAlmightyFuzz
that's just insane, it's like how the wings were getting everyone

I know....and their defense is pretty good too: Blake, Foote, and Morris.....if only they could get Cujo, then they would be set :D

Originally posted by jackcool
Also, I wonder what the Red Wings are gonna do with Curtis Joseph now that Hasek is back....
just use him for backup I guess? put him into free agency? I don't know, but it would be a shame to have cujo standing on the sidelines.

Originally posted by TheCheshireCat
Stating your American before talking about soccer makes me realize whatever you're going to say is total crap. Americans in general have a low opinion of soccer. It's your choice not to like it, but you can't deny it takes skill. A bunch of chickens couldn't kick a ball 97 MPH or throw it 40 yards or anything of the sort. Take a soccer ball outside and try some of the professional moves. I'm sure you're capable of something a bunch of chickens could do with a mini ball. :rolleyes:
we don't like soccer, take that crap outta here

I am still in shock that Jeter OR Clemens dont get to play (or the start) at the All-Star Game.

Also, does anyone else think its ridiculous that the winner of the AllStar Game gets home field advantage in the World Series?
the AllStar game is for the fans; not another form of the playoffs... Also, it takes place in the BREAK of the season... players dont wanna play hard as they can in a game thats supposed to be for fun.

Well, he IS with the Cavs, and will probably get all of their ball time. I don't know how he'll do, but he is impressive thus far.

I can't wait to see the Cavs-Lakers and Cavs-Magic games. Man, those will be sweet! I hope LeBron does really good, that would make it a lot more fun to watch NBA games.

just use him for backup I guess? put him into free agency? I don't know, but it would be a shame to have cujo standing on the sidelines.

Yeah.....but can they really pay Cujo 8 million dollars just to play as a back-up?

Yeah.....but can they really pay Cujo 8 million dollars just to play as a back-up?
no, they can't, probably going to trade him, which would actually be good

Try to hit a golf-ball hundreds of yards into a teeny hole.Doesn't make golf exciting.But i still; don't know about socer, I just enver really watched it.

no, they can't, probably going to trade him, which would actually be good

Yeah....that's what I think too...hopefully he'll waive his no-trade clause. I'm betting Colorado would love to get him, but I don't think Detroit will trade him to the Avalanche...

Try to hit a golf-ball hundreds of yards into a teeny hole.Doesn't make golf exciting.But i still; don't know about socer, I just enver really watched it.

Did you just compare golf to soccer? :confused:
Soccer is constant running while golf is much more...calm :)

It's sports chat, not big-gay-hockey chat. :)
what you just said was really dumb, and it's obvious that you didn't read the thread stater's comments. Soccer is a non-issue.

Yeah....that's what I think too...hopefully he'll waive his no-trade clause. I'm betting Colorado would love to get him, but I don't think Detroit will trade him to the Avalanche...
nope, they're a lot smarter than that

Originally posted by Peacekeeper
I am still in shock that Jeter OR Clemens dont get to play (or the start) at the All-Star Game.

Also, does anyone else think its ridiculous that the winner of the AllStar Game gets home field advantage in the World Series?
the AllStar game is for the fans; not another form of the playoffs... Also, it takes place in the BREAK of the season... players dont wanna play hard as they can in a game thats supposed to be for fun.

Clemen's IS playing, but Jeter???C'mon man, he missed a huge chunk of the season, and he numbers pale in comparison to A-Rod and Nomah.

Also, world series advantage is bad. How do bad guys get a chance to play when the superstars of the team are playing for all-star advantage.It already counted before these stupid commercials. Ted Willaims hit one hios best homers in it.

nope, they're a lot smarter than that

I'm thinking Philadelphia might want him, but they always seem to pass over him for a cheaper alternative (Vanbiesbrouck, Ceckmanek, and now Hackett). But St. Louis is also interested in Cujo....

Thsi si liek officially, the largest post count thread in a short amount of time, or one of them.

I'm thinking Philadelphia might want him, but they always seem to pass over him for a cheaper alternative (Vanbiesbrouck, Ceckmanek, and now Hackett). But St. Louis is also interested in Cujo....
lol, that'd be a really nice "homecoming"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"