Superman Returns SR Novelization is Now Available!!(SPOILERS IN HERE)

I read the 6th Sense novelization before I saw the movie and honestly for some reason like the novel better. The novel is a little more elaborate and explains the nuances of small little things that the viewer would not have known but that were placed in the movie with certain intention by the director. The movie seemed a little thin against the book in terms of emotions. Maybe its about imagination, when you read a book or a novel you paint pictures in your mind about the characters, situations and so on, but the movie may not be able to leap as high and wide as imagination.
So, I would rather not read the novelization before the movie, I would buy it later though because for me if its Superman its worth buying.

Movie books are usually a bit on the weak side. Some second rate author who can't write using bland, repetitive descriptions (for example, I bet he describes Superman as having lightning fast speed, reflexes, etc or some variant of it at least six times in the book) adapting someone elses work because his attempts at "storys" have been rejected time and time again by publishers.

Fission Mailed on the SR novel. Didn't find it.

However, I found the Topps cards, with pics I've never seen.

Should I post scans? I bought like 12 packs.:D

Oh wow! Some great pics!

Gimme time to adjust my scanner so it comes out good.

Woah you found the cards man. I've been looking at Wal Mart for the past or 4 weeks and nothing yet.

Definately post any of the new pictures! And keep calling around for that novel guys! One of us is bound to find it!

Haven't found the book yet but found the action figures in Wal-Mart and X3 junior novels.

I called...out of morbid curiousity, the Wal-Mart Super Center here has it. Hehe, funny, the one person who can find it, won't spend six dollars to bother reading it.

Has anyone ordered the book off of the site yet? If someone does, we'll at least know everything in a couple days.

Matt said:
I called...out of morbid curiousity, the Wal-Mart Super Center here has it. Hehe, funny, the one person who can find it, won't spend six dollars to bother reading it.
lol you should get it i will look for it to see how bably singer fed this up. but i will let you all know.

Matt said:

I hate you Matt... :p

But seriously, if you get the chance, just look real quick and see if the kid is his! I think that is what everyone reall wants to know!

Thunder Emperor said:
lol you should get it i will look for it to see how bably singer fed this up. but i will let you all know.

heh, Singer's translation of Donner's vision isn't worth my 7 bucks.

Here's a taste. I have like 12 packs to go through, hehehe. I did get a cool embossed foil that I'll post.

There is a strange moire pattern in the scan. I have an HP all-in-one. If someone knows how to get rid of it, lemme know.

Should I start a new thread with my Topps scans?

scan0002.jpg

Thunder Emperor said:

Yeah, I bet that would be the most unbiased and even-handed book review of all time. :rolleyes:

Because we all know we can trust you, of all people, to give the story a fair chance, based on your amazing record of positive thinking, and rational, well thought out posts....

:p

Wilde said:
I hate you Matt... :p

But seriously, if you get the chance, just look real quick and see if the kid is his! I think that is what everyone reall wants to know!

Well, I don't plan to buy it but tomorrow my wife and I are going grocery shopping. I may stop in the books and skim and let you guys know. I usually get groceries at Giant Eagle as I disapprove of Wal-Mart's anti-union policies..but I'll see if Liza wants to go.

Nice but i`ve seen that before. Put in the topps cards or in the new Superman pics thread, i guess..

OH NOES, I have a card that shows Jason...

playing a keyboard piano!!

Wilde said:
Yeah, I bet that would be the most unbiased and even-handed book review of all time. :rolleyes:

Because we all know we can trust you, of all people, to give the story a fair chance, based on your amazing record of positive thinking, and rational, well thought out posts....

:p

To be fair, any review of the book as a book will be negative because any author who writes a movie book is a hack.

SolidSnakeMGS said:
Here's a taste. I have like 12 packs to go through, hehehe. I did get a cool embossed foil that I'll post.

There is a strange moire pattern in the scan. I have an HP all-in-one. If someone knows how to get rid of it, lemme know.

Should I start a new thread with my Topps scans?

scan0002.jpg

Sure, you should start a new thread. Are there many actual NEW pictures of Superman?

And i heard in the bluetights podcast that the yatch has a piano on it... :(

SolidSnakeMGS said:
OH NOES, I have a card that shows Jason...

playing a keyboard piano!!

Gaaaasp! Foreshadowing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"