Superman Returns SR's Sequel to start shooting in 2007!Singer Not Directing Logan's Run!

boywonder13

Sidekick
Reaction score
http://www.superherohype.com/news/supermannews.php?id=4246

Superman Returns Sequel Starting Late 2007?

Source: Variety
May 16, 2006

In an article published by Variety, the trade magazine mentions that Superman Returnsdirector Bryan Singer might not want to take on both the sequel and a remake of "Logan's Run."

Bryan Singer may not direct the remake of "Logan's Run" after all.

Warner Bros. and producer Joel Silver want to start lensing the sci-fi pic this fall, which would mean Singer might end up shooting two tentpoles -- "Logan's" and a "Superman Returns" sequel -- back-to-back.

No one begrudges Singer for seeking a break from big-budget projects, although the filmmaker probably won't make an official decision either way about "Logan's Run" until "Superman Returns" bows in July.

Assuming Singer's take on the Caped Crusader is a crowd-pleaser, Warners plans to start shooting the sequel in the later part of 2007, with Singer again at the helm.

Even if he doesn't direct "Logan's Run," Singer is still likely to play some sort of role and perhaps take a producer's credit. Silver has been developing the project for some time now, with input from Singer.

There's been buzz that "V For Vendetta" director James McTeigue might step in and helm "Logan's Run," but at this point it's just rumor.

---

I knew they were getting ready for this film, so this means that they alreading have a sequel idea floating in their heads! At least Singer will be more concentrated on Superman Returns' Sequel than Logan's Run. He can devote himself to it!

Already been posting and the last one was also closed.

deathshead2 said:
Already been posting and the last one was also closed.
Closed at his request.....this one has a link to SR news too.

C. Lee said:
Closed at his request.....this one has a link to SR news too.
That explains alot I also now feel very embarrassed.:o

that sucks. i REALLY want to see Singer direct Logan's Run. i also sorta feel bad for for Singer since he's sort of stuck with superhero flicks now. at least they're quality superhero flicks...

Great news. It seems that Singer really wanted to do Logans Run, so I guess we will see after Returns what he chooses to do. It'd be tough work for him to do both films back to back.

We all know what usually happens when one director starts an amazing franchise but than it is take over by someone new who than ruins it ala the Superman Movies, X-Men (Possibly), and Batman!

so what does this means? starting late 2007?
this movie will nto come out in 2008 right? WB has BB2 in 2008.

you think they will start with SR2 in 2007 ? that would be cool.

boywonder13 said:
We all know what usually happens when one director starts an amazing franchise but than it is take over by someone new who than ruins it ala the Superman Movies, X-Men (Possibly), and Batman!

that's not always so, look at starwars OT.

Superfreak said:
that's not always so, look at starwars OT.

Key word is USUALLY, Super Freak!! :) :supes: :up: If it happened to Superman once, it can happen again!

Singer will have spent 10 years of his life directing comic book films--if he does the sequel, isn't he interested in doing other movies, I was hoping he'd take a break after this?

I hope he will come back to direct SR sequels.

If SR makes more than $250m, it will get sequel and Singer will direct sequels.

If it doesn't, well... Goodbye Superman.

Dang, bummer. I really wanted Singer to go forward with LR, Ive been looking forward to it since it was announced. Hopefully it'll still happen.
This is the second time we've heard tht WB wants a sequel for SR, they must really feel confident about what they have, especially considering what they have spent on it over the years and the way the box office has been going.

That's what I'm talking about!!!:) Hell yeah, Singer should make superman 2... forget Logan's Run!!

WTF is Logan's Run? And wouldn't yall rather get a quicker Superman sequel, then seeing Logan's Run? What is it going to be about? Someone jogging?

Whack Arnolds said:
WTF is Logan's Run? And wouldn't yall rather get a quicker Superman sequel, then seeing Logan's Run? What is it going to be about? Someone jogging?

Come on, you can't knock Logans.

Excuse me, Fatboy... it's just I have varrying interests and can not have infinite knowledge in all of them.

My hobbies:
Females
Basketball
My Education
My Job
My Hygene
Sneakers
Females
Clothes
Females
Football
Superheroes
Films
Superhero Films
Figures of Superhero Films
Baseball
Females
Good Graphic Novels
Females

Cinemaman said:
If SR makes more than $250m, it will get sequel and Singer will direct sequels.

Fantastic Four / Batman Begins (as exambles) did not make over that & they are getting Sequels. Movies these days making a certain amount of Money Box Office wise idoes not matter

No one's asking for infinite knowledge, but jesus, you've got Google on your computer.

And yes, you like Girls. Hooray for you. Comics, football and girls. You're a well rounded individual. Yunno what? Logans Run feels like a cinematic comic book, and has GIRLS in it. You should watch it, 2 out of 3 right there. Plus, with all the running--it's LIKE football.

Although I'd hide the "figurines" or "Dolls" from the "Females" because it might cast aspersions on your "hygiene" while enjoying your "hobbies."

Wheeeeeee.

Fatboy Roberts said:
No one's asking for infinite knowledge, but jesus, you've got Google on your computer.

And yes, you like Girls. Hooray for you. Comics, football and girls. You're a well rounded individual. Yunno what? Logans Run feels like a cinematic comic book, and has GIRLS in it. You should watch it, 2 out of 3 right there. Plus, with all the running--it's LIKE football.

Although I'd hide the "figurines" or "Dolls" from the "Females" because it might cast aspersions on your "hygiene" while enjoying your "hobbies."

Wheeeeeee.
You know I was just going "tongue in cheek" ala the Original Superman movies with that post, right? ... And I was JOKING, with the "Is it a film about someone jogging?" line as well? lol, lighten up man. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"