Discovery Star Trek: Discovery - Part 1

Yeah I think the season is off to a decent start and I enjoyed this latest episode a good bit. I liked them rescuing that species and Booker got some solace and relief about his loss.

A solid if not slow last episode, I'm still not sold on the Trill subplot but it's nice to see them at least trying with other characters even if they don't always stick the landing. Saru is this series' Tuvok/Odo and I love him so much, what an excellent job by Doug Jones so far this season, not a ton of screentime but shines in the smaller moments he has. Also, that money shot of the USS Credence was beautiful and I hope we see some other new ships of the Federation up close as the season progresses.

Kind of the least consequential thing from the last episode, but Stamets's interaction with the Vulcan/Ni'Var Science Council was quite charming.

Burnham's mother is so dour and uninteresting. This was a really slow episode.

Kind of the least consequential thing from the last episode, but Stamets's interaction with the Vulcan/Ni'Var Science Council was quite charming.
Kind of. Tho I wonder why he wasnt briefed about how they conduct business. Imagine Dr. Fauci going to address the CDC and just showing up ignorant of procedure, and not knowing how to behave.

Kind of a bland episode, I thought. Neither one of the twin plots was particularly engaging.

Sad to see Tilly go, has the actress left the show completely?

Apparently, she'll be back. But I'm not sure if that means as a "regular" or occasional "guest star."

From what I read she is still a part of the series but may not be in every episode for the next several weeks, maybe the season.

Kind of a bland episode, I thought. Neither one of the twin plots was particularly engaging.

Apparently, she'll be back. But I'm not sure if that means as a "regular" or occasional "guest star."

From what I read she is still a part of the series but may not be in every episode for the next several weeks, maybe the season.

Thanks peeps, good to know she isn’t gone completely.

I saw that this was cadet mission and decided to skip this episode. Is there anything at all vital that I'm missing?

A better episode, I thought.

However… if memory serves, it’s been a while (two episodes?) since we had any scenes on the bridge. Therefore, no bridge crew. Now we’re back. Except... no Owosekun or Detmer. I only saw Rhys, Nilsson and that big-eyed alien fellow. Presumably, Owo and Keyla will reappear eventually.

I just....i try but the writers on this show really bend over backwards for Burnham and making this ship the most special ever.

Earths policy's are inspired by Burnham

The new AI system is sentient and already gotten more development than crew members from s1.

There are a lot of information stories going on but are fairly boring in how they are handled.

I have to say the premise of this week's episode felt very much Trek-like. A complex philosophical dilemma with no easy solution, but also with contrasting options.

Hiatus until February 10th???! F..........!

Hiatus until February 10th???! F..........!

Season two of Star Trek: Picard is scheduled to start in Feb. 2022. I wonder if it'll be delayed. Last time, there was no overlap of DISCO and Picard (which kinda makes sense from a subscription/business POV).

Finally decided to jump back on this show and finish S2... Only to discover there's no way to watch Seasons 1 - 3 in Australia. They're not on Netflix anymore and Paramount+ only has season 4 for some reason?

Super, super annoyed.

Finally decided to jump back on this show and finish S2... Only to discover there's no way to watch Seasons 1 - 3 in Australia. They're not on Netflix anymore and Paramount+ only has season 4 for some reason?

Super, super annoyed.

Anyone who claims no one is watching this show, is/was not aware of how watched this was on Netflix outside the US. And because it's not there anymore, it's one of the most pirated tv shows now.

Such a bummer. I prefer not to torrent things so it's annoying to have subs to every streaming service and still not be able to see this outside of the US.

New episode tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"