Discovery Star Trek: Discovery - Part 1

Really enjoyed this week's episode. All the character building moments went by at such a natural pace that the episode didn't feel long at all. Tarka doesn't seem such a bad person anymore either. And the species Ten-C is totally going to be Oros, right?

I also really enjoyed it. I think developing Burnham and the presidents relationship as like, the contrasting view points of the series without being outright confrontational was really interesting and refreshing

I just started this and I’m on the first episode. Pretty good so far and I think the vfx are actually pretty good.

I watched Star Trek shows a little bit here and there like DS9, Voyager and Enterprise when I was younger and the recent films but I’ve always been more of a Star Wars kinda guy even though I liked the Star Trek franchise too.

The plan is to catch up on all the new Paramount Plus shows and off to a good start so far.:up:

Four episodes in and I’m loving this. Also helps that Bryan Fuller helped shape this.

I have to say all these discoveries about the new species are...fascinating. Curious what kind of language they'll come up with. Also, I'm really glad this is actually turning out to be a new species.

The Federation is taking a ridiculous line on the DMA. The thing is destroying planets and the unknown species is committing genocide for mineral resources, and yet the Federation is still trying to argue that it isnt an attack. Saying that their first act of contact can't be an act of aggression. :wall:

What do they think happened? That this super advanced species built an astronomically powerful mining device without any idea of what would happen when it collided with planets?

giphy.webp

The Federation is taking a ridiculous line on the DMA. The thing is destroying planets and the unknown species is committing genocide for mineral resources, and yet the Federation is still trying to argue that it isnt an attack. Saying that their first act of contact can't be an act of aggression. :wall:

What do they think happened? That this super advanced species built an astronomically powerful mining device without any idea of what would happen when it collided with planets?

giphy.webp

Have you forgotten about V-Ger and the first Star Trek movie?

Have you forgotten about V-Ger and the first Star Trek movie?

If V-ger was shattering planets and causing mass genocide across the galaxy while Kirk did nothing to stop it that would have been equally stupid. TMP fortunately didn't go that route.

I really want Species 10-C to be the thing that wiped out the pheromone species. Instead of them being the pheromone species. That would be a nice twist, and I always enjoy when the Federation has to confront species that are antithetical to themselves.

That was a very well done season finale. The whole situation realt felt "Trekky". Also, Saru and T'Rina was not something I expected but absolutely love.

This almost felt like a series finale.

I was really feeling the finale until they brought Booke back and it turned into a power of love type episode with everything wrapping up in a pretty bow with no real real consequences or casualties.

Wait, the president of United Earth was Stacey Abrams?! I knew she looked familiar but I didn't have time to watch the credits. Bravo. :applaud

Wow that’s how you do a season final! Loved every second of it.

the special cameo was spoiled for me online but I’m kind of glad because I was worried they were going to deepfake Spock in at the end or something

Yeah decent finale I thought this season was an improvement over season 3 for sure overall and I liked the resolution with the 10C.

Who was the special cameo BTW?

[tips hat at Discovery producers finding a great new way to piss off the chuds]

That was a very well done season finale. The whole situation really felt "Trekky"...

I suppose that’s true. I.e., solving conflict through communication and reason instead of action-y violence is kinda old-school Star Trek in the best sense. Still, I found this resolution for this finale to be a tad… weak. Perhaps okay for a standalone episode. But as the climax of a season-long arc/mystery, it felt underwhelming. At least to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"