Star Trek: General Discussion Part 2

Its amazing that they've never done the Mirror Universe thing in a Star Trek movie yet.

I remember my 12/13 year old brain thinking that's what they were doing when the Nemesis teaser trailer came out, with the Picard and Data counterparts.

5032f476547609cee84707609db7db02ae2d7411.gifv

But I thought they confirmed it wasn’t coming back? Oh well at least it’s news

Knew it. Called it months ago.

When a person’s career is slowly going down the tubes they always crawl back to old faithful.

If it makes the movie happen I will be glad to have him back. Though his stock did fall for me and many others with Rise of Skywalker.

It's the 30th anniversary of "Emissary," the premiere of Deep Space Nine!

Before re-watching the pilot, I watched TNG "Chain of Command" (widely considered to be the direct precursor), which I shockingly had never properly watched. For a 2-parter, I was expecting it to be a little more dense (which happens a lot with old TV shows). I also expected Jellico to be more of a butthead, based on what happens in other episodes and what I'd picked up on from various references. Instead Jellico is mostly hard but fair, and at the end they all just shake hands. The real standout of course is Picard's imprisonment and torture by Cardassian David Warner, which did not disappoint.

I was 9 years old when DS9 premiered. Even though I'd watched a lot of TNG by then, I wasn't super well-versed in the politics of the Trek universe. So amazingly, I had an easier time understanding Sisko's like-unto-an-amoeba interactions with the prophets in the wormhole than pretty much anything involving Bajor or the Cardassians. As usual, it goes down much easier watching as an adult.

Cast him as the villain and let him chew the scenery and consider my ticket bought.

Of course a man of taste like Nicholas cage prefers Star Trek

Yet somehow Khan has returned!

no seriously though ok let’s see what happens there. Hopefully if they give him more time he’ll do better than the last skywalker. It’s a shame though because often studios go back to previous directors when they think they’ve jumped the shark and they want to go back on track.

surely new blood could work? Or just move on to next gen?

I think as a director, JJ brought the most to the franchise in terms of casting and look. Star Trek 09 is still the best *looking* Trek movie IMO.

Get him a good script, and he could bring this back with that amazing cast.

Can they even afford the cast? Look how they botched the last two announcements. The last time they said the movie cast was returning when none of them were even signed of for the film! They did it as a blatant ploy for investors.

Can they even afford the cast? Look how they botched the last two announcements. The last time they said the movie cast was returning when none of them were even signed of for the film! They did it as a blatant ploy for investors.
Besides maybe Pine and Saldaña I don't think any of their salaries have gone up significantly since Star Trek Beyond.

I thought the 2009 movie was great but was vastly underwhelmed by the two sequels. They have a fantastic cast but they don't seem to know what to do with them.

Besides maybe Pine and Saldaña I don't think any of their salaries have gone up significantly since Star Trek Beyond.

‘Star Trek 3’ Stars in Raises as Kirk and Spock Sign for Fourth Movie (Exclusive) – The Hollywood Reporter
‘Star Trek 4’: Chris Pine, Chris Hemsworth Talks Fall Through (Exclusive) – The Hollywood Reporter

Doesn't seem so cut and dry. Paramount wanted to renegotiate the agreed upon deals for Pine and Hemsworth and they walked away.

Quinto was also supposed to get a raise for the fourth movie. A lot of the actors signed on for cheap for the original for hope they could get raises for sequels. Now Paramount doesn't want to pay them what they agreed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"